• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Van den Heever moves from Bulls to Stormers

Joe Pietersen's return to the Stormers has been confirmed now

I would say he should be considered first choice full back ahead of Jantjes

That is great news. Stormers gonna have some good options in the backline.

9 Duvenhage
10 Grant
11 Habana
12 De Villiers
13 Fourie
14 Aplon
15 Pietersen

21 Catrakilis
22 De Jongh

Van Aswegen
Van den Heever
Jantjes

The problem is though that we are VERY thin at 9 (not even gonna list Groom and Schreuder) while at 10 Grant is limited and Catrakilis is inexperienced and after coming back from injury in the CC seemed not to have been able to reproduce the goods he did mid-season.

But at the end of the day myself and every other WP fan who knows anything about rugby (most in the Northern suburbs at least do) are crying themselves to sleep at night considering there is as yet no replacement for Francois Louw and CJ van der Linde (yes, i am so desperate ATM I'd even go for CJ!!).

Here's hoping the likes of Blaauw and Kitshoff somehow make HUGE improvements in the off season and our centers, sorry, hookers get their sh*t straight (no pun intended). Also that we somehow hold up throughout the season injury-wise (very thin in a few places)... a lot of ifs.. T_T

If I was a Stormers fan I'd be worried about backup players a well.

...only because the starting team is so f###ing good! That is one killer backline.

If the Stormers actually had a pack they would be fantastic! (Still wouldn't win anything :p)
They really need another second row and some props before they go backline hunting.

I suppose van den Heever is already out of a spot with Pietersen returning. That being said, I'd start Gerhard over Bryan any day.