• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Vermin alert

S

St Helens RLFC

Nope, nothing to do with Wigan Warriors, but a similarly large menace has set up camp in my house.

Some sort of rodent. Whether that be a large mouse or a small rat, I don't know, I haven't clapped eyes on it yet. It is, currently, under the fridge freezer, which I am watching with a very beady eye. No idea how to deal with this, whether or not to try and flush it toward the back door and out or to be more patient and set up a trap for it.

Any suggestions?

Nope, nothing to do with Wigan Warriors, but a similarly large menace has set up camp in my house.

Some sort of rodent. Whether that be a large mouse or a small rat, I don't know, I haven't clapped eyes on it yet. It is, currently, under the fridge freezer, which I am watching with a very beady eye. No idea how to deal with this, whether or not to try and flush it toward the back door and out or to be more patient and set up a trap for it.

Any suggestions?
[/b]

Traps are the best way to go, but don't put cheese on it, get a small piece of rope and coat it in butter, that'll do the trick.

Poison is another option, personally I think that's a bit cruel as it's not as instant as the trap.

Give it a name and pretend it's a pet...voila no vermin problem!

We got on of those humane trapdoor capture traps when we had an ickle mouse but it didn't work...then again we only saw the mouse twice and it didn't eat anything, chew anything or poo anywhere...so we decided to leave the little blighter alone!

I'm tempted, at the moment, to give it the big boot off the washing machine followed up with the legdrop of doom....

I got one last year by just chucking my shoe at it, lucky shot I guess, usually such quick little buggers, although that poor ******* had eaten a truckload of poison.

Must have been some throw mate! My concern is that it is a rat. If it is, entirely different problem altogether.

Not a good idea, as it's rented property.

The little *******!

The trap has gone off but I found no mouse and it has wolfed down all the chocolate. Unbelievable!

I told you butter and a string, works a treat, they can't pick it off unlike cheese or chocolate in your case.

It's a good idea and I shall have to try it now anyway, I didn't have much chocolate left as it is.

This mouse DESERVES the legdrop!

Indeed, actually read that as laptop initially, but legdrop might work better, besides you're better off eating any chocolate yourselves, don't waste such a good product on vermin.

If it is a rat don't corner it because a rat will run from you while it can until you block it in, then it just goes for you.

Chocolate!!?? you waste chocolate on a mouse?

Theres probably a hole in the wall or something behind the freezer, now that youve given it chocolate, its guna think your the mouse equivellent to a top 5star restuarant and recommend you to all its other lil furry friends. choc is on the menu!! they are probably lining up behind your wall for entry as we speak!
how much are you charging?? :p
xx

Not enough obviously!

The menu has now changed. Introducing my new bait, chocolate a la jam.

(Chocolate in the middle, jam spread around the outside.)

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME AND GET IT!

Meanwhile, Mrs SHRFLC comically runs around standing on chairs like the woman from Tom and Jerry.

"THOOOOOOOOOOOOOMAS! THOOOOOOOOOOOOMAS!"

Latest posts