• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Views

Side view all the way for me! JLR thing I suppose. Hey where is AK47 thougth he would have shown up by now I mean we are talking about side view
<

Sorry missed your post AK

Originally posted by TheBokke@Jan 24 2006, 10:16 PM
Side view all the way for me! JLR thing I suppose. Hey where is AK47 thougth he would have shown up by now I mean we are talking about side view
<

<

standard mate

nobody like to watch union from the cheap seats behind the posts

<

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 25 2006, 09:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 25 2006, 09:19 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-TheBokke
@Jan 24 2006, 10:16 PM
<

<

standard mate

<
[/b]
<

But let the kids play up and down if they want...

All aspects of fun and gameplay will be lost, but they will know EXACTLY where they are going, like, real easy dude.

It's for the best....otherwise there will be tears and mommy will have to return the gmae cos it is too hard.
<

we can't have that.

for the rest there's side view and side view and side view.

I have NO problem with where I am going, or where kicks are going etc.....I can land a punt on a dime. Anyway, who wants to know that the drop kick is over before it leaves the boot? How is that realistic?

Side view and derivatives of side view are the only acceptable views IMO. It's no coincidence every gamer I have seen plays side on...every comp has side on as the compulsory view unless otherwise agreed by two players playing.....and every kid I have ever seen has played up and down.

You pay more at the ground to sit side on for a good reason....aesthetics.

a crucial aspect of visual enjoyment.....I believe something like the experience of playing a video game...

<

<

Originally posted by wow!aframeup!+Jan 25 2006, 03:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wow!aframeup! @ Jan 25 2006, 03:02 PM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Jan 25 2006, 09:19 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-TheBokke
@Jan 24 2006, 10:16 PM
<

<

standard mate

<
<

But let the kids play up and down if they want...

All aspects of fun and gameplay will be lost, but they will know EXACTLY where they are going, like, real easy dude.

It's for the best....otherwise there will be tears and mommy will have to return the gmae cos it is too hard.
<

we can't have that.

for the rest there's side view and side view and side view.

I have NO problem with where I am going, or where kicks are going etc.....I can land a punt on a dime. Anyway, who wants to know that the drop kick is over before it leaves the boot? How is that realistic?

Side view and derivatives of side view are the only acceptable views IMO. It's no coincidence every gamer I have seen plays side on...every comp has side on as the compulsory view unless otherwise agreed by two players playing.....and every kid I have ever seen has played up and down.

You pay more at the ground to sit side on for a good reason....aesthetics.

a crucial aspect of visual enjoyment.....I believe something like the experience of playing a video game...

<

<
[/b]
<
<
<

good to see some hard pressed gaming knowledge back

<

p.s this is for kaftka
<
<
<

eric
<
> YOU
<

never let the truth get in the way of a good YARN

i guess but how many times have i made a break and been tackled coz i cant see the full back! classic 2 allows us 2 SEE where we are going..essintial in rugby side view for watching rugby
classic for PLAYING

Originally posted by mark_shaw@Jan 25 2006, 04:34 PM
i guess but how many times have i made a break and been tackled coz i cant see the full back!
I'LL ANSWER THIS

WIDESCREEN TV

Problem solved
<
<

i guess but how many times have i made a break and been tackled coz i cant see the full back! classic 2 allows us 2 SEE where we are going..essintial in rugby side view for watching rugby
classic for PLAYING
I have a widescreen - it NEVER happens.

I know this, because I used to play in 4:3 and it was a problem.

I could dance a jig before reaching him on screen now.

That is not an issue.

Framerate, feel and proportionality are BIG problems with up and down view, amongst about a 100 more.....you don't realy wanna go there do you!?

<

anyway, side view has a learning curve that leaves you eventually in complete control...everyone should have started with JLR years ago...I can't help you now.

<

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 25 2006, 04:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 25 2006, 04:41 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-mark_shaw
@Jan 25 2006, 04:34 PM
i guess but how many times have i made a break and been tackled coz i cant see the full back!
I'LL ANSWER THIS

WIDESCREEN TV

Problem solved
<
<
[/b]
<

<
<

ya beat me to it ak....you old fox.

<

Originally posted by wow!aframeup!+Jan 25 2006, 05:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wow!aframeup! @ Jan 25 2006, 05:02 PM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Jan 25 2006, 04:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-mark_shaw

I'LL ANSWER THIS

WIDESCREEN TV

Problem solved
<
<
<

<
<

<
[/b]
well that knowledge i obtained of widescreen would NOT have been known at the gun range, if it werent for LOS

It was lovers himself that influenced my decision to upgrade with HD cables and widescreen.

In a sense i am stealing ur shine, with this extra knowledge i now posess

But Mr Miagi, Daniel Son was always going to out do his professor
<
<
<

Now i am widescreen................and its like CD, digital TV, mobile phones, laceless shoes...................I AM NEVER GOING BACK

<

whatever works I guess. I rember fiddling around with the camera angles on like fifa 99 back in the day. makes a big difference to the game

classic for PLAYING
All about timing man I never get tackled because I was not sure about where the fullback is. Just like all football sims you just know where the defence will be running at them even though you don`t know where they are until the last minute.

I grew up on JLR so i don`t think it will ever get out of my blood.

Originally posted by wow!aframeup!+Jan 25 2006, 05:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wow!aframeup! @ Jan 25 2006, 05:02 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-mark_shaw

I'LL ANSWER THIS

WIDESCREEN TV

Problem solved
<
<
<

<
<

<
[/b]
<
post bud. If you are new here we all love members with a sense of humour.

Originally posted by TheBokke+Jan 25 2006, 06:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Jan 25 2006, 06:51 PM)</div>
Originally posted by wow!aframeup!@Jan 25 2006, 05:02 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-mark_shaw

I'LL ANSWER THIS

WIDESCREEN TV

Problem solved
<
<

<

<
<

<
<
post bud. If you are new here we all love members with a sense of humour. [/b]
He aint new mate
<
. That's the current incarnation of Los Lover!

Originally posted by ak47@Jan 25 2006, 03:39 PM
p.s this is for kaftka
<
<
<

eric
<
> YOU
<
I just quoted this because I thought Ak47 was saying that TRF user ..::ERIC::.. was better than me. I was about to suggest Ak47 should go and
<
himself, but then I realised that he (very cleverly) said in "code" (ie. smilie) that Eric Bana was greater than me...

...Totally agree. And well done.

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 25 2006, 05:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 25 2006, 05:19 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-mark_shaw

I'LL ANSWER THIS

WIDESCREEN TV

Problem solved
<
<

<

<
<

<
well that knowledge i obtained of widescreen would NOT have been known at the gun range, if it werent for LOS

It was lovers himself that influenced my decision to upgrade with HD cables and widescreen.

<
<
<

Now i am widescreen................and its like CD, digital TV, mobile phones, laceless shoes...................I AM NEVER GOING BACK

<
[/b]
lol!

I am very humbled by your comparison.....classic!

I may have to opt out of the old hand clap and rub thingee though.....I am asexual Miyagi when it comes to that shizzle.

<

widescreen, widescreen......actually that's a point - is their widescrren options for RC2006 and Rugby 06? and why wasn't there in league? - could have done with some more visual space in RL2....and even on the projector the far side seems, well, FAR.....what a nightmare if you were giving it a crack on a 21 incher or something, bugger that!

Wasn't there widescreen in WCR (quite ahead of their time really)? and what about in the game we dare not speak? ya know.......that one......ssssshhhhhh, just think it, don't say it out loud, it's like candyman or something!

Oh dear god what tact have I gone off on here!!? Anyway, fr get the game we dare not speak of, is their widescreen in the two latest offerings?

cheers to whomever knows.

Originally posted by ak47+Jan 25 2006, 05:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 25 2006, 05:19 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-mark_shaw

I'LL ANSWER THIS

WIDESCREEN TV

Problem solved
<
<

<

<
<

<

<
<
<

<
[/b]
<

laceless shoes?

what the - huh!?

<

are you for trues? I can only assume you speak of the jandal...or, as you may well know it, the thong.....there aren't, well, actual shoes without laces are there?

<

where am I going with this lame joke.......
<

Originally posted by jimmy44@Jan 24 2006, 10:23 AM
I just had a game of rugby 2005 on classic 2 view to get used to it, and I have to say I really hate it - I don't like the way the camera always switchs behind the team with the ball - I want to play one half going up the pitch and the other going down, so you really feel like you are playing two separate halfs. However with the fault with classic view in rugby 2006 it looks like I can't use my favourite view. Before I even buy the game this is a real spoiler for me. I just can't believe that a game could be released with such a glaring error
<
<

locksy can I just ask - is there defintely a glitch with classic view in rugby 2006? could it be just that you don't have the final version or perhaps not used to the controls? Do you recon this bug will also crop up in the PC version? This is really going to eat me up in the 20 days to the release so any feedback would be great!

Cheers
Locksy,

sorry to be pain but any chance of ur opinion on this? Just wondering if you actually have the final build of the game and whether u recon the classic view bug you mention is likely to come out in the PC version or indeed the final PS2 version?

Cheers
<

J

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Jan 26 2006, 11:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Jan 26 2006, 11:44 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-wow!aframeup!
@Jan 26 2006, 12:45 AM
<
The punchline hopefully.

No?

I don't get it.
<
[/b]
yeah, if your punchline was 'i don't get it'...

then I guess we both forgot one.

<

Originally posted by wow!aframeup!+Jan 26 2006, 05:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wow!aframeup! @ Jan 26 2006, 05:13 PM)</div>
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 26 2006, 11:44 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-wow!aframeup!
@Jan 26 2006, 12:45 AM
<

The punchline hopefully.

No?

I don't get it.
<
yeah, if your punchline was 'i don't get it'...

then I guess we both forgot one.

<
[/b]
What? I'm not allowed to be serious anymore?

Latest posts