• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales' 30 man WC Squad

G

gjohn85

Glad to see Sidoli finally dropped & giving Dafydd James another chance.

Backs:
Gareth Cooper, James Hook, Dafydd James, Mark Jones, Stephen Jones, Kevin Morgan, Sonny Parker, Dwayne Peel, Mike Phillips, Jamie Robinson, Tom Shanklin, Ceri Sweeney, Gareth Thomas (capt), Shane Williams.

Forwards: Huw Bennett, Colin Charvis, Ian Evans, Ian Gough, Chris Horsman, Will James, Gethin Jenkins, Adam Jones, Duncan Jones, Alun-Wyn Jones, Michael Owen, Alix Popham, Matthew Rees, Jonathan Thomas, T Rhys Thomas, Martyn Williams.

That's a strong squad. I just hope we play to our potential this world cup.

o.gif

Shanklin and G. Thomas make a great combination at centre positions...they work well together on defense...

But can they compete against Seremai Bai and Seru Rabeni for Fiji ??

Can they take on Giteau and Mortlock ???

ooouuuuu weeee...its gonna be a good match up at the world cup..speacially on defense...crunching crunching defense..cant wait..

sonny parker and ceri sweeney :huh:

an injured Gav would do much more than those two put together.

sonny parker and ceri sweeney :huh:

an injured Gav would do much more than those two put together. [/b]

Agreed. Parker is long passed it! And Sweeney's just not international.
Good to see no Lee Byrne, and no Sidoli.

Henson gave an interview yesterday saying he's back to normal training. He said he was shocked to have been dropped from the 30 man squad, because he was always gonna be fit again come RWC time...anotehr 3 weeks away.
Yet take a look at Stephen Jones and Shane Williams..those guys are guaranteed not to make an appearance before the world cup - yet they still get picked.

GJ never wanted Gav. Period. <_<

Huw Bevan (The Ospreys physio/fitness guru) has said on local swansea radio that he doesnt understand the comments made by the Welsh camp's physio that Gavin Henson wouldnt recover in time. Stephen Jones is a major doubt to recover and find fitness in time but does Jenkins drop him? Does he ********, cos he's a Scarlet. Shane Williams, I can understand as its an elbow injury so it wont really effect his fitness levels. Jenkins needs to get over his anti-Henson bullshit and start playing one of the best playmakers in world rugby

Huw Bevan (The Ospreys physio/fitness guru) has said on local swansea radio that he doesnt understand the comments made by the Welsh camp's physio that Gavin Henson wouldnt recover in time. Stephen Jones is a major doubt to recover and find fitness in time but does Jenkins drop him? Does he ********, cos he's a Scarlet. Shane Williams, I can understand as its an elbow injury so it wont really effect his fitness levels. Jenkins needs to get over his anti-Henson bullshit and start playing one of the best playmakers in world rugby
[/b]

You cant do much now...Henson is not goin to the RWC 2007...the only way you guys (Wales) can get him back is if Wales does not make it to the quarterfinals, meaning you have to loose to Fiji and Australia on purpose so Wales can fire that coach..

Thats how it goes....Wales has to get a new coach....only way to get a new coach as soon as possible is by loosing in the quarters to Fiji.

I think Gavin Henson should wait 'til next world cup to come back at his best level, and of course Wales will be in trouble in coming world cup

Wales will not have an easy world cup. We are on poor form, we haven't played well in a while, so the "easy run in" that some angry Argentinians are moaning about doesn't really exist for us.
But we should get to the quarters - but that may not be enough for GJ. If we get there on the back of some bad performances he will be in trouble.
We will not put in a bad performance in the Quarters. We just won't do it. We show up for those games, but very rarely win it.

DC made a great point to me that back over a year ago GJ was saying that if he was Welsh coach he would make Gavin Henson captain..he said the boy needs to be embraced. I certainly wouldn't go as far as captaining him, but where did this faith in Gav go?
Ian Evans has just proved this whole anti-henson issue further. He hasn't played rugby since decemeber, he's still injured and "may" make it to the world cup...so GJ has to include him.
Henson however, who'e in better shape than Ian Evans and Stephen Jones is instantly getting littered. This is very annoying to say the least.

Latest posts