• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales bidding for 2010 Euro final

• Thread starter snoopy snoopy dog dog
  • Start date
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Apr 7 2009, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Apr 7 2009, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Apr 7 2009, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Apr 7 2009, 07:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the alcohol advertising ban rules out France, no reason though why Italy shouldn't get a final though.[/b]

And so what? The alcohol banning didn't prevent the FFR to organize the most profitable RWC so far. This cannot be the only reason.
[/b][/quote]

Yea but where the stadiums fully sold out? Where tickets that more expensive compared to Wales in 99?
[/b][/quote]

To be fair, the stadiums did look pretty full and the atmosphere was electric.

The only stadium that didn't seem full in the group stages was the Millenium Stadium :lol:
[/b][/quote]

Touche

No but most tickets were given to coperate companies which was a shocking decision really!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Apr 7 2009, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
the alcohol advertising ban rules out France, no reason though why Italy shouldn't get a final though.[/b]

And so what? The alcohol banning didn't prevent the FFR to organize the most profitable RWC so far. This cannot be the only reason.
[/b][/quote]

Yea but where the stadiums fully sold out? Where tickets that more expensive compared to Wales in 99?
[/b][/quote]

The only stadium that didn't seem full in the group stages was the Millenium Stadium :lol:

[/b][/quote]
Pool matches in international stadiums always seem to look a bit empty to me (bar Stade's one against Quins, but Stade really seem to be one of the best for knowing how to draw in the crowds.) I think the Blues had 27,000ish for that match, so not a bad turn out. How much did Twickenham have for the Wasps v Leinster match? seemed about the same I think.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Apr 8 2009, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Apr 7 2009, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Pool matches in international stadiums always seem to look a bit empty to me (bar Stade's one against Quins, but Stade really seem to be one of the best for knowing how to draw in the crowds.) I think the Blues had 27,000ish for that match, so not a bad turn out. How much did Twickenham have for the Wasps v Leinster match? seemed about the same I think.
[/b][/quote]

Talking RWC pal not HEC

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cymro @ Apr 8 2009, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Apr 8 2009, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Apr 7 2009, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Talking RWC pal not HEC
[/b][/quote]

Whoops, my bad. :lol: Not a good idea to be on here at 1:30am I guess.
Ah the ticket pricing was shocking for the RWC, it was £17 for tickets right at the top for the Japan match, which doesn't seem too bad, but I heard that the most expensive was around £120+.

Yea, Wales v Australia was something like £50 - £130 face value, thats why that didnt sell out. Wales Japan wasnt cheap either, but the WRU had no control over those ticket prices.

Latest posts