• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales in this pool

C

chrisd

Australia will be the team to beat in this pool - their recent victory over a misfireing AB's will give them the confidence they seem to have been lacking before connoly arrved.

Wales - despite the poor last game on the aussie tour - they showed in the first game that the second team have players that can compete -

fiji - one of the best 7's team's in the worls but don't seem to be able to translate this tot the 15 man game -
will still be a very tough team to play

canada - improveing their game all the time, and in this pool they may cause an upset if they punch well above their weight, in realty though this pool looks too tough.

japan - plenty of pace but still way behind the other nations in this pool in terms of options of strategy -
watch out for a cricket score by the end of the group stage.

as a Welshman i am looking forward to all the games in the world cup, and i hope everybody underestimates
Wales like they did last world cup!!!.

i think fiji, canada and japan could be quite interesting.

fiji had a mixed outing in the pac 5 nations. with huge defeats followed by decent a draw with aussi a.

canada played well against the abs and might give wales a close run if they get a good bounce of the ball.

and japan have improved quite a bit since the last rwc and i thin theyll keep up with canada and fiji. perhaps scoring a win off on off them.

Wales in this pool[/b]

Which pool? You mean this pool?! :D

splashte1.jpg

At the end of the day it is going to be a showdown between Wales and Australia. All the other matches, while interesting, will be mere sideshows to the mayhem that will envelop Cardiff when Australia and Wales meet.

Australia will be the team to beat in this pool - their recent victory over a misfireing AB's will give them the confidence they seem to have been lacking before connoly arrved.

Wales - despite the poor last game on the aussie tour - they showed in the first game that the second team have players that can compete -

fiji - one of the best 7's team's in the worls but don't seem to be able to translate this tot the 15 man game -

canada - improveing their game all the time, and in this pool they may cause an upset if they punch well above their weight, in realty though this pool looks too tough.

japan - plenty of pace but still way behind the other nations in this pool in terms of options of strategy -

as a Welshman i am looking forward to all the games in the world cup, and i hope everybody underestimates
[/b]
I hope the fijians come second in this pool they have a lot of speed and flair

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
I also hope japan do well my cousin plays fullback for them Bryce Robins he played this year against aust a
I hope the fijians come second in this pool they have a lot of speed and flair
[/b][/quote]

The Canadiens showed against the ABs that they have the forward pack to carry them through and with Fiji having a BIG problem in that department, it will be a dogfight when they meet up.

Japan still hasnt convinced me yet but with the experience old guards of Glen Marsh, Hare Makiri & the talent of that Tongan on the wing, they might offer some resistance but cant see them winning any game.

Australia will top this pool. I have no doubt about that. It's the battle for 2nd place between Wales & Fiji that will be interesting. Last time they played in Cardiff, Wales were lucky to have won by a drop-goal. With all our overseas players back in the team now, I'm hoping for nothing less than a win for Fiji.

...It's the battle for 2nd place between Wales & Fiji that will be interesting. Last time they played in Cardiff, Wales were lucky to have won by a drop-goal. With all our overseas players back in the team now, I'm hoping for nothing less than a win for Fiji.
[/b]

Yeah, but again, people are forgetting the squad we had to put out 2 years ago.
It was the autumn after the Lions tour; all our grand slam boys were injured; and we had nicky robinson at fly half.
I refuse to accept the possibility of such a score line this year.

...But i don't deny it a fiji shock win'll happen.

<div class='quotemain'>
I hope the fijians come second in this pool they have a lot of speed and flair [/b]

Wales 1st
Fiji 2nd ????

Sounds ok by me....
[/b][/quote]

Please no.... :(

This is gonna be a very interesting pool. Should be a close one cause all teams seem to have a free running style of play. Can't wait to see fiji playing, i just love their sevens rugby approach for 15 a side rugby. brill. Just hope they don't play too well against us, the whole tri nations has really burst the world cup open.Its like Australia look really strong. And depending which team we put out (Cough) play Hook at outside half, we can really cause some problems. With Henson looking like he's gonna find some form as long as he gets game time, we should be in for a treat.

9. Peel/Phillips

10.Hook

11. Shane Williams

12. Gavin Henson

13. Tom Shanklin

14. Mark Jones

15. Kevin Morgan/ Alfie

Pretty exiting back line i'd say.

Also GJ has gotta sort out a captain. its not gonna be good if there are too many leaders on the field, there will be a clash of personalities. IN my opinion i think Alfie should lead Wales. A Captain need to be a rough and tumble guy and someone that u wouldn't mess with, just look at his tatoo's. The only problem is that he will find it hard to find a place with the whole backline on form. There is only one player that has his name down on the team sheet straight away with Wales and thats Alyn Wyn Jones, and he's actually being tried for captain.

I'm not convinced about Mark Jones on the wing for Wales, he never seems to perform as well for us as the Scarlets. I'd rather have Alfie, maybe Dafydd James or even Aled Brew instead.

austrailia should win this pool but they did draw with wales last time. australia have looked better at times and worse(nearly lost to second string wales) but they have the better chance of going the distance than wales whose recent form isn't really striking fear in any of the top teams.

Australia should top the group easily. Wales dont deserve to be in an easy group and come 2nd and make the qf when pool D has France, Ireland and Argentina who **** all over Wales.

Canada were impressive early on against the Kiwis but the All Blacks class was just too good.

I really like Japan too, they have an attacking flair similar to the French. Wouldnt be surprised if they beat the Fijians who are really struggling.

Australia should top the group easily. Wales dont deserve to be in an easy group and come 2nd and make the qf when pool D has France, Ireland and Argentina who **** all over Wales. [/b]

I refuse to acknowledge such idiocy from an Ozzie.
Wales don't deserve to be in an easy group...but Australia do? :bravo:

Great start, mate....

Australia do, because they just beat the All Blacks, and that makes them teh bestest.

<_<