• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales Six Nations squad 2023

Team to face England:

Wales: Leigh Halfpenny, Josh Adams, Mason Grady, Joe Hawkins, Louis Rees-Zammit, Owen Williams, Tomos Williams, Gareth Thomas, Ken Owens (capt), Tomas Francis, Adam Beard, Alun Wyn Jones, Christ Tshiunza, Justin Tipuric, Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Bradley Roberts, Rhys Carre, Dillon Lewis, Dafydd Jenkins, Tommy Reffell, Kieran Hardy, Dan Biggar, Nick Tompkins.

Excited to see how we do at 10 12 13

Think he's assessed how bad our bench performance was against Scotland as the bench is completely different and adds much more impact than last time.

Who goes to wing if one of any of our wingers gets injured?

Yeah Grady will go out to the wing. He's got winger pace for sure, not 100% whether he has international winger pace but he can cover there if we need to shift things around due to injury.

He's the pick I'm most pleased with but more I'm disappointed about. Beard yet again, Francis again. No Brown or Rhys Davies in the 23 and while I'm pleased Biggar isn't starting I'd rather have a look at Patchell at 10

Halfpenny at 15 is very meh. Love the giy but we shouldn't be relying on him. He'll probably pull out mod the captains run tomorrow anyway if recent history is anything to go by. Would've preferred to play LRZ at 15 and persevered with Dyer on the wing.

Comment I found interesting was again highlighting that there are lots of older experienced players and lots of younger new players, but no middle men. Yes that's partly down to Pivac, but also have to think that Gatland has to take some blame too.

I guess this is the best thread for Welsh Funding issues.

At the moment Cardiff won't have a fly half next year. We knew it was bad, starting to show just how bad.

We've always had a problem with depth but I keep reading there's no young talent coming through in Wales. I would love to see a pack of

Carre, Lake, Brown, Jenkins, Tshiunza, Morgan, Reffell, Wainwright

That is a really young pack with a lot of potential for growth. Throw in Grady, Hawkins and LRZ in the backs and that's some more seriously talented young players. Clearly this WC is ****** but I think there's reasons to be positive for 2027

* cracks open second bottle of vodka*

The year that Wales won another Grand Slam, an Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman shuffled off this mortal coil.

As they chatted at the Pearly Gates, the trio realized they were lifelong rugby fans with something else in common.

St Peter beckoned them into heaven, but they had one condition.

"We're only coming in if we can avoid the Welsh for a hundred years," said the Englishman.

"Make that two hundred," said the Irishman. "They might have shut up about their win by then."

"Make it three hundred to be safe," said the Scotsman.

St Peter agreed to their wishes.

The three men spent a wonderful ten years drinking beer and meeting beautiful women.

But one day when they were walking across the clouds to the celestial pub, they saw a glowing field of the greenest grass.

A tall handsome man was taking place kicks. Every ball sailed between the posts.

He had long flowing locks, gleaming white boots, and wore a Welsh rugby jersey.

The trio turned and marched furiously up to St Peter.

"It's only been ten years and we found a Welshman. What happened to your promise?"

St Peter smiled benignly.

"No need to fret, lads. That's God. He just likes to pretend to be Welsh!

We've always had a problem with depth but I keep reading there's no young talent coming through in Wales. I would love to see a pack of

Carre, Lake, Brown, Jenkins, Tshiunza, Morgan, Reffell, Wainwright

That is a really young pack with a lot of potential for growth. Throw in Grady, Hawkins and LRZ in the backs and that's some more seriously talented young players. Clearly this WC is ****** but I think there's reasons to be positive for 2027

* cracks open second bottle of vodka*
I actually quite like Gareth Thomas as well I have to say! I think he's been superb off the bench, really active in defense and disrupting rucks
Grady definitely has some development defensively, the OC channel has been attacked too easily, maybe even end up in the back 3 at some point, but Hawkins for my money has been exceptional as well

Latest posts