• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v Argentina

What's Wales penalty count? Seems to be huge

RP is like a relic, he makes Bigger and Faz look quick.

Confession time: at the 20 min mark i was a split second away from posting 'the word you are looking for is, 'wow', let that sink in'. I thought it'd be too agressive, so i decided not to. Good bloody lord we ****** up. Sometimes you get outplayed, outsmarted and sometimes you are a bit unlucky. None of those things happened tonight. We ****** up. We literally threw the toilet paper in down deep, took a dump and the flushed. It is unexplainable. It is mesmerizing we lost the way we did. We had every tool we needed to win. Every single one.

I cant recall a scrum half performance as bad. I really, really cant. The only adjective that comes to mind is pathetic. Not bad, not poor. Pathetic.
And i really, really, really like Malia, but jesus christ. When you are the last man and you have to kick like that you have 1 and only one really important thing to keep in mind: do not give the oponent a chance to block the kick. It's not really that difficult. It really isnt.

We could have won this by a margin. Easily.
Furious right now.

And yeah, i know, could have, would have, should have. And i know it comes across as arrogant. But jesus christ... the way we threw this game away. We had the score, the momentum, getting all the calls. All we had to do was play smart and minimize unforced errors.
So stupid. So bloddy stupid. Livid.

Initial positives were that the defence was much better today, albeit against an Argentina that seems to have partied hard after the England win. Still lacking the ability to force turnovers on the ground. Jac Morgan and LRZ are looking very good, Tomos back to his best as well.

Downsides are that the attack is still really poor and isn't going to trouble the top teams. Lacking a lot of shape, ideas or structure. Anscombe hasn't been the same since his injury and Priestland is just holding the space due to his experience. I'm constantly wondering about the centre balance, North is often very direct at centre and Tompkins is an unpredictable pinball. We haven't seen the wingers with much of the ball in some space.

Hoping for a few fresh face and players who are in form getting a chance against Georgia.

Think it's safe to say that neither England nor Wales are going to be world champions next year.

That whole match was flat as can be and the slippery ball demanded different tactics. Or at least a little variation. Pumas hopefully just hungover from their good win last week rather than slipping back into their pre-Cheika November slump.

Wales were ****, Argentina were shitter!

North was decent in the centre, defensively strong. LRZ looked dangerous from fullback. Tomos Williams starting to have more influence.

Our dicipline is terrible, out attack after the first phase is laboured, and the ball carrying from the forwards continues to struggle.

Honestly, it's one of the worst displays I've seen from Argentina. They put some pressure on Wales in the first quarter (although Wales just gifted them penalty after penalty during that period), and they scored a good driving maul. Otherwise they offered next to nothing!

The time of Creevy in the Pumas has gone. New blood is needed.

Is it just a new generation of people, can't play well two weeks in a row? Seems to happen to most teams these days