• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v New Zealand - 05/11/2022

Wales team: Leigh Halfpenny; Louis Rees-Zammit, George North, Nick Tompkins, Rio Dyer; Gareth Anscombe, Tomos Williams; Gareth Thomas, Ken Owens, Tomas Francis, Will Rowlands, Adam Beard, Justin Tipuric, Tommy Reffell, Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: Ryan Elias, Nicky Smith, Dillon Lewis, Alun Wyn Jones, Christ Tshiunza, Kieran Hardy, Rhys Priestland, Owen Watkin.

Shame Adams isn't fit but pleased for Dyer. Funny how Owens just walks back in after barely playing a minute of rugby but I guess his experience negates that a bit you could argue. Same goes for Halfpenny. I can't say I'm optimistic but you never know. Would feel more confident if we had a fit Liam Williams, Navidi, Biggar and Adams but probably not much more confident tbh.

Yes, "persisting vestibular [balance] issue" and will play no part in the northern tour.
I must've missed that then. Lol. A shame he's not playing, my favourite NZ back to watch since Mackenzie. Not that that NZ back line looks much worse without him.

With the All Blacks in decline, could this be the moment?
I seriously doubt it. We've got a few injuries plus players who haven't played much in a while then you have others like Anscombe and North who you wonder if they're actually even fit and if they are they're not really match fit.

Having said that this match against NZ is no different to any other time we play them. We need the same 2 things to happen, we need to play to the best, or close to the best, if our ability and we need to hope NZ have an off day. If that happens we could do it but I doubt it. Hope I'm wrong.

I must've missed that then. Lol. A shame he's not playing, my favourite NZ back to watch since Mackenzie. Not that that NZ back line looks much worse without him.

I read it here. So I don't think it was obvious. Reece isn't a bad replacement as you say.

I read it here. So I don't think it was obvious. Reece isn't a bad replacement as you say.
Yeah not bad at all. I was surprised to see he only has 22 caps. Feels like he's got more than that. Will be quite a test for Dyer.

Looking forward to LRZ v Clarke. LRZ can do anyone for pace but Clarke is a beast and could just run over LRZ.

In this fixture, every so often, the usual pattern of comfortable or heavy NZ victories is broken and Wales really push them close. I think this game is going to be one of those rare events. I think the ABs will struggle through this one and probably win by 5. For the first time in ages though, I wouldn't be shocked if Wales did it.

Disappointed taukeiaho isn't starting.
Interesting to see ofa as loosehead cover.
Interested to see Jordie getting another go at 12 and seeing two midfielders on the bench - shows they still don't know who their midfield is.
Worrisome that jordan is out for the tour

thats a strong team, taukeiaho should start but could also do some real damage as an impact, given injuries i think this is close to as strong a team as we can put out there, if they cant make a statement then some serious questions have to be asked

WOL the reputable news source that it is, now reporting Halfpenny could be out after walking out of the Captains run.

Latest posts