• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Scotland vs Fiji - 05/11/2022

Hmm fiji without Jason Ryan aren't going to be the same. But hopefully they've at least retained some lessons Ryan passed on.

This game will be influenced a lot by how the ref sees some of fijis play at the breakdown - particularly supporting body weight, going passed the ball

Flying Fijians squad to take on Scotland at 1am Sunday

1. Eroni Mawi

2. Sam Matavesi

3. Manasa Saulo

4. Temo Mayanavanua

5. Ratu Leone Rotuisolia *

6. Albert Tuisue

7. Levani Botia

8. Viliame Mata

9. Frank Lomani

10. Vilimoni Botitu

11. Vinaya Habosi

12. Kalaveti Ravouvou

13. Waisea Nayacalevu {c}

14. Setareki Tuicuvu

15. Kini Murimurivalu

Reserves

16. Tevita Ikanivere

17. Livai Natave *

18. Luke Tagi

19. Apisalome Ratuniyarawa

20. Kitione Kamikamica

21. Peni Matawalu

22. Teti Tela

23. Sireli Maqala *

Just wanna ask, are we sure Russell is at fault for the poor relationship with Townsend? Townsend himself has always been a big ego, I remember from when he was a player.

It's like how Cooper apparently had the wrong attitude for the reds with thorn, but rennie and other coaches haven't had a problem with him

Just wanna ask, are we sure Russell is at fault for the poor relationship with Townsend? Townsend himself has always been a big ego, I remember from when he was a player.

It's like how Cooper apparently had the wrong attitude for the reds with thorn, but rennie and other coaches haven't had a problem with him

I think the issue is that Townsend thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and is not the kind of head coach who will compromise and take senior players' tactical input on board. Contrast that with Russell who has a free reign at Racing to play as he sees it and will speak up if he thinks tactics are wrong/not working as was the case at half time during that draw with England at Twickenham.

Unless there has been another discipline related incident which they have kept under wraps it's basically a clash of two fly half egos. I personally think both are at fault. Russell is a bit of a prima donna and should learn to do what he's told for the sake of the national team while Toonie would rather have a team of 'Yes men' rather than compromise and makeuse of the best players at his disposal.

Good to see Ashman involved,
Richie > Jonny Gray seems mad to me, but tbh I've not seen what Richie's club form has been like

Hastings is gonna get beaten up big time, he's gotta be the least physical player in the game - doesn't stop him trying, bless him, but he's about 3st dripping wet

Good to see Ashman involved,
Richie > Jonny Gray seems mad to me, but tbh I've not seen what Richie's club form has been like

Hastings is gonna get beaten up big time, he's gotta be the least physical player in the game - doesn't stop him trying, bless him, but he's about 3st dripping wet

Our lineout has been a shambles lately and I think Richie is seen to be a safe pair of hands (so to speak) in that regard. His ball carrying has always been a bit suspect given his size but he has shown a bit more grunt for Glasgow lately.

Yeah good to see Ashman back.

Standard Fijian start. They have so much raw skill but their discipline is atrocious.

Thank you

Scotland need to sort out their discipline. Just gives Fiji easy field position.

Latest posts