• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v New Zealand - 05/11/2022

This was what I expected after watching wales against the springboks and New Zealand against Ireland (the only reasons wales did ok against the springboks was because the springboks were poor. By contrast the all blacks weren't all that bad against Ireland, Ireland were just very good).

Wales just aren't a good side at the moment. you Can count on them having injuries to important players. They need their best team to be fit and have game time together before they will challenge top sides.

NZ played like wales did under gatland.

Scotland is a much bigger challenge at the moment.

I think another thing that doesn't help Wales when they play the ABs in the Autumn is that they go in cold with no match before whereas ABs have played Japan beforehand. They'd likely still have lost but not by 30 plus points.

I'm at the point now where I hope we get spanked for the rest of the series if it means Pivac goes.

I think another thing that doesn't help Wales when they play the ABs in the Autumn is that they go in cold with no match before whereas ABs have played Japan beforehand. They'd likely still have lost but not by 30 plus points.
Not sure I buy this excuse. No other team seems to struggle as bad as we do with slow starts to campeigns - maybe it's a eeflection of the quality of coaching at the regions that the players need weeks together to get them up to scratch.

Either way it always feels like a crap excuse. We then moan that it's the end of a long season when we get thumped out in NZ on a summer tour. Can't have it both ways.

He has to go if we lose to Argentina. I'm of the opinion Pivac is actually a bit of a fraud still dining off that one season with the scarlets. He's like David Moyes after Ferguson. We need to cut him loose now. Just ******* get Scott Robertson in now. We need an elite level coach to get us punching above our weight like Gatland generally did. Pivac's personality os almost as uninspiring as his rugby too. Had enough of it. Sadly, seeing getting our pants pulled down against Italy at home wasn't enough to get the alarm bells ringing so I doubt a loss of scrapping a 3 point win against Argentina will do it either. He said after his press conference that Cuthbert is back for next week. Great.

Probably right. I was optimistic that Pivac/Jones could evolve our attacking game, but that hasn't happened in any meaningful way, and as you say other areas have slipped.

The reality is that he only had one good season with the Scarlets where everything fell into place. Beirne and Cubby emerged as world class jacklers + Patchell stayed injury free. They probably caught some sides off guard with their attack, and the law interpretations suited their game. Pivac's last season at the Scarlets was an omen unfortunately, and 3 years later we're in a bit of a hole - would Robinson even want to coach us?

Probably right. I was optimistic that Pivac/Jones could evolve our attacking game, but that hasn't happened in any meaningful way, and as you say other areas have slipped.

The reality is that he only had one good season with the Scarlets where everything fell into place. Beirne and Cubby emerged as world class jacklers + Patchell stayed injury free. They probably caught some sides off guard with their attack, and the law interpretations suited their game. Pivac's last season at the Scarlets was an omen unfortunately, and 3 years later we're in a bit of a hole - would Robinson even want to coach us?
Robertson would bite our hand off I reckon. He's pretty much said as much a few months ago. I felt this for a long time now, but I don't think the players have ever really been fully on hard with Pivac. I don't think it's a case of them actively not paying for him but just a kind of wtf are we doing here and once you go back on your principles like Pivac has I imagine the players lost respect and confidence in him.

Compare Pivac to someone like Remme at Australia and it's night and day, you could see the trajectory he had Australia on and he's stuck to his guns. Pivac on the other hand is just a load of ****. It's not all his fault but there is no way anyone can tell me he has handled our squads well, has had any decent succession planning or that he's generally getting the most out of this current crop of players.

I was excited about Privac taking over but it just hasn't worked out. For every high point there's at least double the amount of lows.
I agree about how is going to come in now? Privac makes to the world cup at least, probably best for everyone if there's a change after that though.

I was excited about Privac taking over but it just hasn't worked out. For every high point there's at least double the amount of lows.
I agree about how is going to come in now? Privac makes to the world cup at least, probably best for everyone if there's a change after that though.
Scott Robertson
Scott Robertson
Scott Robertson
Scott Robertson
Scott Robertson

Is the email I've just sent to the WRU.

Apparently he's replacing EJ after the RWC.
Which is why we should move now. Should've done it months ago. It's not going to happen,though, Pivac will stay until we get knocked out the group and we'll have to watch Robertson win Grand Slams and WCs for England instead.

And….. 50 plus points. And this is supposed to be a **** AB's team. 🤔
this is the kind of team a lot of us fans have been wanting to see for a while...but fozzie has stuck with cane at 7 and havili at 12 too much, the rest of us have wanted to see jordie in the mid field for a long time. so no, this isn't the **** AB's team weve been watching for the last couple of years

Pivac has a press conference later so should get an idea of injuries. Said he's not going to rush anyone back that isn't ready even though he loves starting players in their mid 30s who haven't played rugby in 2 years. He's basically already confirmed Cuthbert is coming back in and he hasn't played any rugby all season.

Hopefully he gets asked some tough questions because far too often he's given an easy ride by the media. Would love for someone to give him a breakdown of how terrible our form has been especially this last year, minus one win against a SA B team.

I was of the opinion that I wanted Argentina to win to pile pressure on him but the WRU won't sack him if we lose to Argentina. Think the only thing that will get him out the door is losing to Georgia. Come on Georgia.

I was of the opinion that I wanted Argentina to win to pile pressure on him but the WRU won't sack him if we lose to Argentina. Think the only thing that will get him out the door is losing to Georgia. Come on Georgia.
Surely though if Wales beat Argentina it would negate a bit of losing to Georgia. You should just go for the full house. Come on Argentina and Georgia!

Surely though if Wales beat Argentina it would negate a bit of losing to Georgia. You should just go for the full house. Come on Argentina and Georgia!
Yeah, good point. Pivac hasn't beaten Argentina yet either so 3 losses from 3 games would be quite amusing as well.

At this point I can't even be mad at Pivac, the WRU are a bunch of useless *****. Pivac probably couldn't believe his luck. A CV of semi professional stuff in NZ then failing at Fiji which is hardly a professional set up and then 1 good season in West Wales which is also debatable whether that is a professional set up. Then he walks right into the Wales job.

I can see it now, though, we'll probably beat Argentina by a handful of points and narrowly lose to Australia and the narrative Pivac will spin will be we're right up there. Then, when we finish 4th-6th in the 6N (let's be honest it'll be 5th or 6th on current form) it really will be too late to do anything.

Latest posts