• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales V NZ

S

shiznit

WTF???
wales had to come from behind twice to draw 2-2 with us over the weekend. the game was in wrexham(sp?).
craig bellamy scored a brace to save wales from total embaressement. i didnt see that coming... especially with giggs and bellamy playing.

we had 7 of our best players out... and our best players suck arse... so the welsh will be worried with the euro08 qualifier against the checks...

I think there were 8 players that wern't availible for the All Whites, but even though they put up a great surprising performance against the Welsh line-up with some of their top players. Ricky Herbert was pleased with the team's effort as it also is to the whole country so I'm hopeful that the All Whites' World Cup qualifying games become a successful achievement. Good Luck to them...Oh right and to the new A-League team the Wellington Phoenix.

Welly rep. :bleh!:

What a crack up:lol: :lol: we must of payed the Welsh. The old Toshack almost convince me with his after match interview :lol: :lol: .

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VlBC7CUqA4

Here's background on our so called Kiwi Striker :lol:

Shane Smeltz (born 29 September 1981) is a New Zealand football player. He plays as a striker, most recently for the English side Halifax Town.

Before signing for Halifax Town, Shane Smeltz played in 61 competitive matches for AFC Wimbledon, including 11 as a substitute, and scored 26 goals. He also became the first AFC Wimbledon player to win international honours, and the first to became an international goalscorer (on April 25, 2006), when he netted in an away friendly against Chile.

He has 12 caps for New Zealand but has a very loose claim to the country. Shane was born in Germany and raised in Australia. He qualifies to play for New Zealand through his naturalised American-born father.

In May 2007, he was the scorer of both New Zealand's goals in an impressive 2-2 draw against Wales.

With all respect, it's hard to see Smeltz' connection with New Zealand especially with the information you provided there Ickon. German-born, Australian-raised and American father? I thought he was born in Australia.

With all respect, it's hard to see Smeltz' connection with New Zealand especially with the information you provided there Ickon. German-born, Australian-raised and American father? I thought he was born in Australia.
[/b]

Tell me about it! maybe Nathan Fien might still have a chance for the Tri Nations league series :lol: :lol:

...yes of course :lol:

All of which makes one wonder about the wisdom of Welsh manager John Toshack’s pre-match comments when he described this encounter with the Kiwis as “a fitness exercise and training session.â€[/quote]

Hey look what I found from BBC sports. :lol:

The All-Blacks 'World Domination'...

First Rugby... now soccer...???

:p
[/b]

Haha, that could very well be the case....if only Wales weren't utter shite at football.

Well I think New Zealand makes great sportspeople especially for a tiny population. :D

Haha, that could very well be the case....if only Wales weren't utter shite at football.
[/b]

It was all looking rosey under Mark Hughes though.

I think there's about 4,000,000 New Zealanders.

Wait... you mean theres a New Zealand Soccer Team?
[/b]

Of course...they're nicknamed as the All Whites. More surprisingly they competed at the Soccer World Cup somewhere back in the 80s (I think).

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

It was all looking rosey under Mark Hughes though.

I think there's about 4,000,000 New Zealanders.
[/b][/quote]

Yes there are just over 4 million citizens in New Zealand but is has been showing a rapid increase in the last couple of years. I hear more British are moving here now? Is that true?

True indeed, Brittish people seem to be moving to NZ and Irish to Australia.. USA.. Saudi Arabia...

ireland beat Wales 1-0 a while back when we basicly had a joke of a team, just beaten 5-2 by cyprus... 5-2?? And now our team has a bunch of new players our manager found out of no where and with no experiance they havnt lost a match.. wierd the way football turns out. just no structure for the simple game!

Of course its true, the BBC was reporting on how Brits were starting to outnumber Cubans and other Latins in some parts of Florida.

Also, some of my family moved to New Zealand a couple of years ago.

yeah this was a bit of a scock when i read about this last week, aparently the all white striker has just moved teams for the rest of the season, not that i can remember where he started from or where he moved to.

There is a possibility that he maybe moving right here into Wellington to play for the new A-League team, Wellington Phoenix.

what will the home ground of that team be? i heard the training grounds one of them was the basin, didnt catch the other one or their home ground for matches.

i wouldnt mind going down and watching a match, even though soccer bores the crap out of me.

what will the home ground of that team be? i heard the training grounds one of them was the basin, didnt catch the other one or their home ground for matches.

i wouldnt mind going down and watching a match, even though soccer bores the crap out of me.
[/b]

Yeah it bores me too but might attend one. Their homeground is the 'Cake Tin'...Westpac Stadium but there were considerations on up-grading the basin to a more suitable crowd attendance because Westpac was too big for the rugby-loving city. But I am hopeful that this will bring not only Wellington spectators but the whole of New Zealand because the reality is these players are mostly from outside of the City.

Latest posts