• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales vs South Africa

I can't, unfortunatley, see Williams making too many more Wales caps. Recently we have begun to see that other 7's, ones that 2 or 3 years ago would have no hance against him, have the upper edge at the breakdown. The French game was one that sticks out, he just wasn't in the game. Time for the next gen of 7's, Warburton etc to step up and claim that 7 shirt for themselves.

true, Martyn's form hasn't been as good as it usually is, still the guys got plenty left in his tank and Im sure he'll want to make a big effort come the world cup. This is the perfect chance for Warburton to show what he can do and try to claim that 7 shirt for himself. I really hope he does, we've started to get strength in depth in some positions, but no.7 is one of the ones we really need to strengthen.

Ach, my sister (who is clueless when it comes to international rugby) has booked me in for a haircut at 2:00pm, am gonna be cutting it very fine if I wanna make it back in time for kick off!

What happened to Shane Williams, he isn't in the starting line up? That boy is magic.

This isn't a South African ''B'' team, these players are all very good and will be interesting. I think all either have caps or been in a Super 14 final.

He's out injured atm,
While this isn't a "weak" SA team, the amount of time they've had together puts them at a disadvantage. Still, it'd be foolish to think that this isn't a very strong side

Only 10mins till kick off,
I'm excited!

For any UK people not in Wales, it's streaming on the BBC site (just go to BBC.co.uk/Sport then the link is on there), it's only on the Red Button on freeview

Last edited:
Yup, excited now. Just a few mins till kick off.

Gonna be interesting how Prydie get's on.

Apparently 14:30 kick off doesn't mean what i thought it did :p

Same about Prydie, he's got great potential, looking forward to seeing how he holds up against the Boks

Haha, Jamie Roberts smashes the newcomer.

Pity, the build-up looked very promising there.

Well done Warberton, ripped the ball when he was up against two.

Edit: first chance at points for Wales. Wales certainly started the strongest. Bradley Davies has started like a man possessed, some great drives from him.

Last edited:
Davies doing very well so far, as is Philips (who just put in a massive hit on the SA 8)

Wales looking the better team so far

Hook with a DG to make it 6 - 0, wonder how long before Steyn knocks one over from his own 22 :p

Last edited:
3-0 to Wales. Good start.

Edit: What a hit by Phillips, then WHAT a pickup from Hook. Subline.

6-0 now Hook drop goal.

Last edited:
Wales will probably win this, Boks look all over the place. Where are you guys watching this? I'm on BBC Two Wales and the commentary and the camera angles are ******* me off.

Even the Welsh scrum appears on top. Boks got nowhere there.

Edit. Chance for SA now to get 3 points..... Pienar get's it, little bit ugly, but it went through.

Last edited:
Wales will probably win this, Boks look all over the place. Where are you guys watching this? I'm on BBC Two Wales and the commentary and the camera angles are ******* me off.
BBC Wales, no complaints about either tbh

Nor from me.

9-3 to Wales now after a soft penalty given away by SA from the kick off.

Intercept for james Hook. 14-3 with the conversion to come.

Last edited:
James Hook intercept try! Right under the posts
John Smit will be kicking himself after that!

Intercept King JH!

Seriously, what it's up with the Boks? They're well off the pace at the moment.

oh that's silly from Wales.

Were ctruggling to deal with the driving maul.

Don't think that went forward from Matfield.

Welsh scrum definitely on top.

Unlucky there by Prydie. Good kick, just bounced the wrong way for him.

Last edited:

Latest posts