• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales vs Springboks

Nope apparently they can be played onside by their team-mates (I didn't think that applied here) - so ref was wrong, even on the pedantry.
Law 10.4 (c)
Just to play devil's advocate, they can be played onside, but still have to be seen to be retreating until they are?

H Jantjies is not an international 9. He had a storming start but his game had a lot of cracks. He seems like he keeps taking too long to think about what he has to do because of how robotic our gameplan is. Reinach needs to start. Willie had a hand in both tries, but the rest he was lost. He needs to not be so erratic on defense.

Eben Etsabeth and Siya Kolisi are both in line to be SA player of the year. I think both should be nominated for world player of the year as well, because their consistency has been incredible.

Marx and Kitshoff are brilliant. When the 2 of them come on we basically have 2 tanks acting like flanks. They are immense.

Our scrums are unmatched. We are playing with teams at the moment and unless long arm penalties go away from scrums you are looking at starting a match 9-0 down vs the Springboks. Nevermind that we have 2 front rows doing it.

Lots of errors still and discipline issues bit I feel once we play the perfect game (like the 2019 final), we are unbeatable. Good crop of players we have, and we should be decent enough till 2023 when we have to start over again.

Latest posts