• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wallabies chances against the Springbok's?

Springbok XV

15 Zane Kirchner
14 Gio Aplon
13 Jaque Fourie
12 Wynand Olivier
11 Bryan Habana
10 Morne Steyn

9 Ruan Pienaar

8 Pierre Spies
7 Ryan Kankowski

6 Schalk Burger
5 Victor Matfield
4 Danie Rossouw
3 BJ Botha
2 John Smit (c)
1 Gurthro Steenkamp.

Subs: 16 Chiliboy Ralepelle, 17 CJ van der Linde, 18 Flip van der Merwe, 19 Dewald Potgieter, 20 Francois Hougaard, 21 Butch James, 22 Juan de Jongh.

Um, Now he have no fetcher? LOL. PdV will never cease to amaze me... Why is Olivier still there? Sigh. Pocock is gonna hammer us in the rucks without Louw.

Olivier, Fourie and Kirchner still in the starting XV? And why is that moron ***** James still part of the squad? Well, it took a suspension for JdV but we finally have Aplon on the wing.

I don't understand what Spies is doing in the squad, the last two games he didn't do that much, besides running into Weepu.

Rather ask yourself why, if we have brilliant flankers like Deysel and Steggman sitting at home, PdV decides TO STILL PLAY PLAYERS OUT OF POSITION. Our coach is a joke. He has no clue.

Yeah, but scoring 7 tries in the Super 14 does not make you the best loosehead prop in the world.

Thanks for isolating one aspect out there...

Alexander's scrummaging is top notch, he works very hard cleaning up rucks and making gritty close quarter tackles on top of scoring 7 tries in the super 14.

Australia have the homeground advantage and are fresh or maybe too fresh. They'll have to quickly gel and get their combinations and such in the swing of things from the get go as the already 2 games played Springboks will look to Brisbane to start their winning ways. Travelling use to be a problem for past South African teams but for the last 2 years or so they seem to have forgotten that it was even a factor.

South Africa too good of a team to lose 3 in a row especially after losing twice to the All Blacks you'd think they'll come off better for it. Wallabies chances against any country are always good but I think the Springboks will win this one.

The fact of the matter for Australia is that they need to apply similar tactics as what the All Black's did. Full intense 80 minutes worth of hard attack and defense...bodies on the line etc. We all saw how SA became totally frustrated...helped along by ill descipline of course. The AB's intensity not only shocked SA but many Kiwi's as well. The Bok's will be a different team when they play at Suncorp this weekend...pride can be a big motivator as with thought of losing 3 games on the trot.

Jas we miss a fetcher,Burger "used" to be a good fetcher haven't seen him play that role for ages. Olivier has played 31 caps! he can't say hes not be given a chance unlike De Jong who i thought PDV would favor more and finally Pienaar get a chance our backline should be more efficient this time around.
Should be a good game unless the ref spoils it again with soft yellow cards, sig.

The Wallaby pack outscrummaged England on the Nov 09 tour last year, and Wales and Scotland. The Waratahs with Polotoanau, Robinson and Baxter were one of the strongest scrums in the Super 14 this year.

If they can get their players on the field - the Wallabies have a strong front row. Polotonau would be welcome as No.1 or 2 Hooker in just about any test team and Moore can certainly hold his own...

Don't right them off....

Yeah, but scoring 7 tries in the Super 14 does not make you the best loosehead prop in the world.

But scoring tries wins games, so the more tries you score the higher rated you are. Which prop has scored more tries in the Super 14, ever?

He could be a weak in the scrum or bad in the loose, but the fact is he can score tries, and points win games. The fact is he is brilliant in the scrum, extremely mobile in the loose, has an excellent work rate and scores tries aswell, so what is there more to say? He is the best loose in the world because he has a complete package, Woodcock is brilliant in the scrum but I doubt he is anywhere near as good in the loose.

Now onto the XV for the Boks, everyone complains yet no one seems to mention the solid bench they have and the fact that idiot as you refer him to has selected Francois Hougaard, and also put in Pienaar, but still you critisize him. Wynand Olivier was planet-rugby's inside centre of the tournament and with good reason. Pierre Spies has done nothing in a Springbok jersey this year but same with Rokocoko for New Zealand, but yet no one is insulting Graham Henry's intelligence or blaming quota players because he is coloured.

Last edited:
But scoring tries wins games, so the more tries you score the higher rated you are. Which prop has scored more tries in the Super 14, ever?
Sure, but by that logic, Keese Meeuws was far greater than Carl Hayman, as Hayman scored 1 international try to Meeuws's 10. I was never trying to say it was the most important thing for a prop. Finishing tries means very little as a prop if you can't support your end of the scrum. Being a handy try scorer is just a nice advantage for a prop to have, I didn't offer it as reason why he was a great prop. I think he is good for other things, I also thought it was a nice statistic to add, as I haven't heard many people mention Ben Alexander's try scoring feats on this forum, and they are very impressive for a prop.

Sure, but by that logic, Keese Meeuws was far greater than Carl Hayman, as Hayman scored 1 international try to Meeuws's 10. I was never trying to say it was the most important thing for a prop. Finishing tries means very little as a prop if you can't support your end of the scrum. Being a handy try scorer is just a nice advantage for a prop to have, I didn't offer it as reason why he was a great prop. I think he is good for other things, I also thought it was a nice statistic to add, as I haven't heard many people mention Ben Alexander's try scoring feats on this forum, and they are very impressive for a prop.

Good achievement for Alexander but he does tend to stay out of rucks to stay in the loose which allows him to pop up for tries. And don't jib Meeuws he was a quality prop as is Hayman.

Props tries are boring they dont beat as many defenders as you see Cullen doing up here on nickdnz's photo/video thing.

look at bands try for south africa tell me that isnt a good try

also it doesnt matter if its boring its a skill to pick and drive well and score from it
it takes alot of power and good positioning to score from apick and drive

look at bands try for south africa tell me that isnt a good try

also it doesnt matter if its boring its a skill to pick and drive well and score from it
it takes alot of power and good positioning to score from apick and drive

Ok yeah I see...I suppose your a hevyweight front rower man Conal.

Actually that wouldnt be a bad thread 'the best ever front rowers try'..

I might check you tube to see if its got Bands try not sure if Ive seen it.

Props tries are boring they dont beat as many defenders as you see Cullen doing up here on nickdnz's photo/video thing.

Some of the best ... Graham Price for Wales in 1975 against France was also a good one.

Last edited by a moderator:
1st one - What a step :lol: full-back in tackling fail
2nd - Hold it, do my eyes decieve me or did Norton-Knight do something decent.
3rd - Again, full back fail

Latest posts