• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wallabies chances against the Springbok's?

South Africa by 10. The SA V NZ games would have being closer if they had kept their heads. Australia don't scare me on the world stage. Jeeeez, even England beat the Aus. Australia are by far the weakest team in the Tri Nations.... By far!!

Fair opinion but the 'by far' part is not fair at all. All the tri-nations teams are good and are capable of beating each other at any time, if a team is slightly better then another its not usually 'by far' in the southren trio. Cmon ConradCarter thats harsh...

When it comes to results there's no denying that Australia is not of the level that SA and NZ produce but they are still better than most of the other teams in the rest of the world.

I don't know, in the last 2 weeks I've seen the shockest Springboks ever... they didn't tackle even the grass, I really never see the SA playing that way!
I mean: if you build up a team made 10/15 by Bulls, trying to implement the typical Bulls style of playing, but they actually don't do that, try to change your plan, but early in the game, not 10 minutes to go.

There are a lot of players who shouldn't have been included in this match XV: Spies (doesn't tackle, and he is an 8-man!!!), Januarie, Matfield (something else than lineout??), Olivier, Kirchner (totaly outplayed by Muliaina), bring JDV 12 (or De Jongh now JdV is banned)...
But they should have been changed early even in the 2nd match against the All Blacks!
Now JdV is banned, Bekker is ruled out... and everyone is tired! Too tired, and it's natural, some of these players have played for 15 month without a rest!
Oh yeah, "Frans Steyn doesn't have the same pace of the southern players" (certainly much more than Kirchner!), but he has played for 15 month in S14, Currie Cup, 3N, TM, and Top14!

So I think Australia, though is the weakest team in 3N, is gonna win this match. By 5-7 pts, not more and not scoring 4 tries...

Sometimes it's not just matter of weaker vs. stronger, but also enthusiasm, motivation, freshness (phisical & mental), flair!

I love all these youngsters from downundah', they show that even if rugby is not the first sport in your country, you can bring out great players anyway!

Hope this is going to happen (sooner or later) also here in Italy!

Maybe I just hope that the ABs will be banged twice or three time this year! :D

Hard to come... :(

It will all come down the the first 20, the aussies backline excites me even more than the Blacks, specially from set peices rather than just broken down play and fast ball and if they get a start and confidence they have the potential to dominate. They will either win by a decent margin or lose closely in a low scoring game.

It would be great for Rugby and ironically for the Bok's as well if the Aussies smash them. The boks have to change their style and coach if they want to keep up, the game has turned from the kick/chase/pressure game in which they were good and the rules and interpretations will keep moving away from it to encourage the game the All Blacks, Aussies, France and heck even England is now starting to play (specially from the last game vs aussie).

I don't think the rules have changed. It's the interpretation of existing rules at the breakdown where refs are told to enforce the rules (but its seems each ref still has his own ideas about it; guess thats to be expected - the word interpretation kind of implies it).

As for the game moving on from kick/chase/pressure. It could still work. The point is, though that you have to be accurate about it. We were last year but not even close this year. Its all about the players and their mindsets; du Preez is accurate in his box kicking, Januarie not, we used to have chasers applying pressure but even when considering personel changes, some guys who used to chae (Habna, Fourie) aren't doing this effectively and de Villiers is no wing. Guess it comes down to the quality of the kicking. We lost Frans Steyn and are without du Preez at the mo. Morne also under too much pressure and can't direct play with the ball he recieved from Januarie.

That said, SA will have to be able to adapt and play a complete game, using wahtever is best for the situation. I blame the players fro that being missin; the coaching staff put together a gameplan, yes but its up to the senior players and captain to make the decisions on the field and instruct the others. This is not happening at all and John Smit adds little else than being captain...

I get the feeling that most think the wallabies are the underdogs for the upcoming match, but I think the boks will get hammered again this weekend. Homefield must be an advantage and the boks history in Brisbane is poor to say the least.

Wallabies at 1.70 RSA at 2.30 - odds look to be in the Wobblies favour. Also the fact that South Africa hasn't scored a try in Brisbane since 1997 :)

Latest posts