• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wallabies vs Canada

J

Juggernaut

Wallabies: 15. Cameron Sherperd, 14. Drew Mitchell, 13. Adam Ashley-Cooper, 12. Scott Staniforth, 11. Lote Tuqiri, 10. Julian Huxley, 9. Sam Cordingley, 8. David Lyons, 7. George Smith [C], 6. Hugh McMeniman, 5. Mark Chisholm, 4. Nathan Sharpe, 3. Al Baxter, 2. Adam Freier, 1. Greg Holmes

Replacements: 16. Sean Hardman, 17. Guy Sherperdson, 18. Rocky Elsom, 19. Phil Waugh, 20. Stephen Hoiles, 21. George Gregan, 22. Chris Latham

Smith has been picked to captain the side and good to see Sherperd back in the lineup. With Knuckles not taking any risks on Barnes or Larkham, he has named Huxley at 10 with Cordingley his halfback. Mitchell is currently the tournaments top try-scorer and I would think he will be extending his record in this game.

Wallabies by 50.

when is collony going to realise hoiles talent, he makes up for his lack of size in skill, brains, speed, commitment and the way his everywhere. he is obviously the 2nd choice .8 so then you gotta give him game time because i dont think lyons should be the second choice .8, i dont think his done enough to even get picked in the squad, and i doubt he'l be in the 22 on QF and hopefully semis anyway. but wouldnt mind giving lyons time as well maybe comming on for smith and moving hoiles to openside.

but its good to see mcmeninman, shepard and staniforth if his fit in time to play, they are both great players and favourites of mine. i hope shepard will be kicking for goals. Also want to see how baxter copes...

I think it's ridiculous that Hoiles isn't going to get a starting no. 8 spot unless Palu gets injured, despite the fact that Hoiles is probably the best no. 8 in the team despite his size.

I would go so far as to say that Hoiles is probably one of THE best players in the foward pack, but due to his versatility and size he has to settle for the bench.

Anyways, congratulations to Smith for getting the captaincy. He deserves it.

Apparently there's a chance Staniforth might not play, in which case Giteau will come onto the bench, and...

Latham will shift to fullback

Shepherd will shift to wing

Tuqiri will shift to outside centre

Ashley-Cooper will shift to inside centre

I hope Staniforth is good to go because I HATE seeing Tuqiri playing outside centre - he always runs sideways and gets caught out in defence.

This'll be a very very interesting game to watch from an Australian perspective as itll showcase alot of players who haven't gotten much game time thus far. Unfortunately, with Huxley at fly half, I doubt the rest of the backs will be able to really shine as they would if Larkham or Barnes were playing. At least we'll be able to see the true extent of Australian depth and whether we'll be able to realistically survive in the finals. The only players from this starting side that I'd want in my run-on side against NZ or SA are Sharp, Smith, AAC and Shepherd so I'd only back Australia by 20 points or so.

Does anyone know who will be kicking? Will it be huxley... i agree that mitchell should increase his try tally. Interesting that there are only two backs on the bench.

I think it's ridiculous that Hoiles isn't going to get a starting no. 8 spot unless Palu gets injured, despite the fact that Hoiles is probably the best no. 8 in the team despite his size.

I would go so far as to say that Hoiles is probably one of THE best players in the foward pack, but due to his versatility and size he has to settle for the bench.

i agree with you 100% his got traits of an openside (tackling, ball winning) and links up with backs very well

Well done Fushi for that call.

Staniforth has indeed been ruled out and Tuqiri has shifted to centre, AAC to 12, Sheperd to the wing & Latham to fullback..

Now, can you give the final score as well before I go down to TAB.

I'd assume Shepherd would be taking kicks for goal because Huxley is too erratic.

I'd also assume that Huxley will be doing the restarts.

cheers mate, shame he was a late addition and not in my fantasy options otherwise Id say hed be a good start.
Not sure how long the Nanadians will be able to keep up a fight in this one. OZs by 60.

Canada deserve to win this.

How can people say Shepherd should replace Mitchell with a straight face?

That was aweful
Reminds me how little depth we have

What was with Cordos service? and Tiquiris non passing and huxleys constant crabbing. Our backline was advancing on an 80 deg angle for most of the 1st half

terrible terrible rugby

Shep also had a shocker
Latham brilliant and Mitchell good as well

Pretty awful game. So much so that i fell asleep.
Poms might be licking their lips atm.

Why did Shepard go ahead of Turner again?
Mitchell was alright had his bad moments too. Halves were extremely poor, we've got big problems if Gregan or Barnes get injured from here on.

Really missed Elsom today, our breakdown was an absolute mess which was then made worse by the poor service from the halves.

After that display I would have to say my wing pairing would be Mitchell and Turner. In all honesty no other player has done enough to earn a place ahead of those two. Both quality finshers with Turner having the ability to spark something out of nothing and a powerful kick to boot. I'm tired of reputations determining selection.

not a great display at all, certain players were missed, backs lacked direction.

the players which stood out for me were frier, smith, latham, AAC (apart from slipery ball) and most of all mcmeniman, he was my MOM. mcmeniman was everywhere had a high work rate, alot of work at lineout time, crashed it up niceley meters gained and his a great aggresive player, he should defenatly be on the bench if not, the starting xv. canada put up a good fight.