• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wallabies vs Canada

Pretty awful game. So much so that i fell asleep.
Poms might be licking their lips atm.
[/b]

Yeah but you have to take this game with a grain of salt. The canadian side is pretty good, holding back the All Blacks from routing them a while back, and then there was Wales; and an Aus second string team, playing absolutely awfully, managed to get 30 points on them.

It was a shocking game, but the English side has not managed to get such a point margin on teams like U.S.A (which is also coming up, not to offend any yanks) playing their first XV (minus Wilkinson).

All major teams have had a big slump in their last game, SA v Tonga was not inspiring, neither was AB's v Scotland 2nd XV and this was just the same.

<div class='quotemain'>
Pretty awful game. So much so that i fell asleep.
Poms might be licking their lips atm.
[/b]

Yeah but you have to take this game with a grain of salt. The canadian side is pretty good, holding back the All Blacks from routing them a while back, and then there was Wales; and an Aus second string team, playing absolutely awfully, managed to get 30 points on them.

It was a shocking game, but the English side has not managed to get such a point margin on teams like U.S.A (which is also coming up, not to offend any yanks) playing their first XV (minus Wilkinson).

All major teams have had a big slump in their last game, SA v Tonga was not inspiring, neither was AB's v Scotland 2nd XV and this was just the same. [/b][/quote]

Yeah that Canadian outfit is pretty good defensively, but they were missing their first string center pairing and I think that became apparent the way they were shreded by Tuquiri time and again. To be fair, Australia made it fairly easy on Canada. They lacked direction from the first-five position. But I understand why Barnes wasn't in the game.

Also, I will add, that it is completely unacceptable for England not to thrash the USA. Because and understrength Canadian team put 50 on them...twice.

Another Chris White spectacle.

Worst referee at the World Cup.

Get out of the f***ing way and let the game play.

That ref was a shocker
Anyone else get sick of the foxtel telecasts commentator. Whining whinging *******. I wanted to knife him by the end of the game

That ref was a shocker
Anyone else get sick of the foxtel telecasts commentator. Whining whinging *******. I wanted to knife him by the end of the game [/b]

Combination of White, the rain, nothing riding on it, the wholesale changes made it the most boring game of the tournament today. Some on please shoot Chris White and then bury him with the whistle he loves so much

a gret w to the wallabies. it is great to see so many players in the Aus side able to go into first receiver or scrum half.

The two worst games I've watched at the World Cup have been ruined by Chris White -

France v Ireland

and

Australia v Canada

He was being tipped to ref the final but surely the IRB can't allow it based on his awful form. Even Stu Dickinson has proved to be a better referee.

Yeah, I said it.