• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hurricanes 13+

• Hurricanes 12-

• Total voters
I was about to say retrospect is bliss.

Though logic would dictate that, if one doesn't want to receive a bit of guff about sledging a team, they should probably use more ambiguous language; or at least lay off presenting a match's result as a unequivocal certainty.

I'm sure he'll be able to cope with a smiley emoticon and two words though.

What a bullshit game to watch so far. The Canes are playing like arse, the only exciting moment was when Jane charged down a kick with his face from point blank range :lol:
[/b]

That had to hurt! Ouch! :blink: :D

From a neutral point of view that was reasonable viewing.
The Waratahs look a lot better than I was led to believe but I'm not sure a gameplan of 'run around like headless chickens' did the Hurricanes any favours. I can't recall seeing that many turnovers in a game for quite a long time. The Hurricanes were relentless workers but lacked any sort of structure at all and rarely strung more than a few phases together and even though the Waratahs were also guilty of turning over too much ball they did utilise their possession a whole lot better the Hurricanes.

Far out what a disappointment from the 'Canes! i really expected them to do well this year, hopefully they can pick up their act in the weeks ahead.

Timana Tahu, not too shabby

'Canes created a lot of opportunities but turnovers and handling errors at crucial times halted their progress towards the try line. They just needed to be a bit more patient like the Blues and Crusaders played in the 2nd half of their games.

It was evident that the 'Tahs were not putting in numbers in the ruck when they were on defense. Thus creating a wall for 'Canes to run into. Great defense 'Tahs

Good to see Jason Eaton back and running. Lachie Turner looks like a potential Superstar. Beale looked more comfortable and controlled the game more than last year. I was hoping to see Nonu and Smith in the midfield. The midfield looked weak with Ellison and Smith combo.

The Hurricanes were woeful. They threw far too many 50-50 passes and kicked away to much possession and made far to many turnovers.

Gayyyyyyyyyy. The Hurricanes couldnt even hold onto the ball!!! if they could have they most likely would have won :angry:

First Off let me just say that the new rules look rubbish, if you are not fast enough to set a tap kick up and take off your left with no attacking option, since the defense has already been set up.

The Canes played absolutely pathetically Jerry Collins being the worse, they just continued to throw it end to end too quickly and became isolated, they had a good patch there where there forwards rumbled it up but went straight back to throwing it too wide to quickly and the ball security was shocking they will need more structure if the want to make the play-offs.

Anyway full credit to the Waratah they took advantage and fully deserved there win.

First Off let me just say that the new rules look rubbish, if you are not fast enough to set a tap kick up and take off your left with no attacking option, since the defense has already been set up.

The Canes played absolutely pathetically Jerry Collins being the worse, they just continued to throw it end to end too quickly and became isolated, they had a good patch there where there forwards rumbled it up but went straight back to throwing it too wide to quickly and the ball security was shocking they will need more structure if the want to make the play-offs.

Anyway full credit to the Waratah they took advantage and fully deserved there win.
[/b]

Definitely, Collins was woeful IMO. Very disappointing considering his very high standards.

[/b]
Then set up a scrum as an attacking base....

The Canes were running around like a bunch of headless chickens in this game. They would just juggle the ball around in the backline and end up isolating themselves. Sort your **** out hurricanes! Oh and well done to the Waratahs.

****, abhlf - been a while since youve blessed these forums of your presnece hasnt it?

looking at the half time stats, the tahs spent about 65%of the time in their own half, canes making 5 line breaks. they should have had it apart from their turnovers and handling errors.

I refuse to congratulate the Tarts :p Yes I have poor sportsmanship at times but I don't care LOL.

<div class='quotemain'>
I think the new laws will really suit the Hurricanes and the hype machine known as the Waratahs will get demolished.
[/b]

Loving it :D
[/b][/quote]

I didn't get to see the game but I was shocked to hear the results.

Anyways, it's only round one of the competition - the 'Tahs are still hardly the saviours of Australian rugby, and there are certain players in that squad who should never represent Australia again.

Congratulations to them nonetheless.

After watching this, I am convinced Nonu MUST ALWAYS play in the midfield. The Ellison/Smith combination is as limp as a pensioners penis.

Tahs won aye? Always good to start the season with a win :) . Anyone know any sites where I can download *REMOVED* of the S14 matches by any chance? I'm in Japan and it's pretty hard to get access to the games.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
I think the new laws will really suit the Hurricanes and the hype machine known as the Waratahs will get demolished.
[/b]

Loving it :D
[/b][/quote]

I didn't get to see the game but I was shocked to hear the results.

Anyways, it's only round one of the competition - the 'Tahs are still hardly the saviours of Australian rugby, and there are certain players in that squad who should never represent Australia again.

Congratulations to them nonetheless. [/b][/quote]

Seconded, the press surrounding the Waratahs, (especially when released by the SMH staff and the arch-tard Greg Growden) is disgusting.

Latest posts