• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Waratahs vs Stormers

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

Earlier this week there was speculation about whether or not Jean De Villiers would play this week and a few people said that The Stormers had learned a new trick from Cheetahs coach Rassie Erasmus by naming players on the teams sheet and taking them off at the last minute.

Doubters were proved right and this afternoon Vodacom Stormers centre Jean de Villiers underwent a fitness test and after the fitness test withdrew from the Vodacom Stormers team to play the Waratahs at Newlands tomorrow.

De Villiers will continue with intensive rehabilitation and will be assessed again early next week. Gus Theron will take his place in the starting line up.

On Tuesday De Villiers tweaked his groin in training and at the time the doctor said it would take 7 to 10 days to heal.

de Wet Barry will more than likely move to inside centre for the match.
[/b]

im picking....auckland blues to beat them both

The last 10 minutes of the Sharks game and the first 5 minutes of the Tahs game was in African until some bright fella flicked the switch and we got some english(thank god)... i was starting to worry

half time Stormers infront 20-10

Tahs execution letting them down , Stormers playing a solid game

Thank god they dragged Donnelly , he has to be the worst flyhalf in the super 14....... the Tahs have Norton-Knight(great natural flyhalf) why not use him in his favoured position.

Waratahs show there class to come from behind to win 32-26

..although they really need to get that #10 problem sorted if they wanna win the ***le this year(rogers back in 2 weeks should sort that out).

Sam Norton Knight was man of the match for me, the kid is a future Wallaby and his kicking game was crucial to the Tahs win, poor game by the tahs but its a good sign that they can win when they dont play at there best.

Man the Waratahs look solid.

Good comeback by them.

And Chiro....shouldn't you be getting ready for church now? You know what the pastor said last week if you never came today? Also that girl in the choir was asking me if you would sign the paternity form :p

I can't believe the Tahs had Norton Knight on the bench. I told them they should put him as 5/8. Donnelly like always chokes in the big time. With Dell back, Hewat would move to fullback which means Norton Knight has to go to 10.

F**k!! :wall: we lead for most of the game but just couldn't put them away, congrats to the Tahs they wanted it more on the night.

I still think we can have a impact on the comp, bring on the Brumbies!

Originally posted by Stormer@Feb 19 2006, 01:35 PM
F**k!! :wall: we lead for most of the game but just couldn't put them away, congrats to the Tahs they wanted it more on the night.

I still think we can have a impact on the comp, bring on the Brumbies!
Yeah the Stormers showed they were no easy beats this year.

I hope they go well because they were my S12 team when I played R2005...so I need them to do good if they are to have better stats for R2007.

Latest posts