• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Warren Gatland

BeeJay

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
England
Hi all, it's a while since my last post, of which I received the info I wanted. This time it's a comment made in an after match interview after the Wales, England result. Warren Gatland was congratulated as being the first coach to achieve a record 3 GS's. 2008, 2012, 2019. Surely Sir Clive Woodward achieved this in the years, 2000, 2001 & 2003. Or is my aged memory playing up?

Cheers BeeJay

We didn't win the grandslam in 2000 or 2001, fell at the final hurdle vs Scotland and Ireland, respectively

Ouch! thanks for that. Six Nations Champions 2000 & 2001, GS 2003. Must try (forgive the pun) harder.

no but joe whatshisname is the new jonah lomu according to sir clive lol....oh then they dropped him

If he lives up to the hype,who knows, maybe he will reach the heights Jonah did.
SCW is a clown with some of his comments. That was one of them.

He looks a massive talent but to lay that claim on him after 2 friendlies and 1 game with italy was ummm very silly

SCW is prone to strange comments. Did you see the look Dallaglio gave him when he came out that one?

As a pundit, SCW is one of the worst ITV have got.

Meanwhile, the BBC are saddled with one eyed Jonathan Davies:D

I think Martin Johnson and Jonny Wilkinson were more crucial than SCW in winning that World Cup. It was an exceptional group of players and a top coach like Gatland or Geechs would have won it with their eyes closed with that squad. SCW lucky to get a knighthood and has never impressed me as a pundit.

SCW is an arse. Terrible coach and gets props for being the coach of a RWC winning side* that I could have coached to a win. I temper SCW's 2003 with his 1998 Summer tour.
What he did to the lions in 2005 is simply unforgivable. I despise the cock.

*many greats a few best ever Englishmen in their positions and a few world-class players to boot.

no but joe whatshisname is the new jonah lomu according to sir clive lol....oh then they dropped him
He is a great talent with lots of potential and 'could' live up to that hype....not saying he will at all but the guy is 21 so yes likely wont be at the world cup. i look forward to seeing him progress and if he has a V high ceiling or not.

Latest posts