• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

WCR2 Out this October

Uh, my computer's not reading the site proply. Could someone maybe post em hear and see if it makes a difference?

No need, just seen 'em on other site. How friggen corny!?! Why the hell does everybody have tape on their legs!?! Even the touch judges!?! BTW this ***le is for european release - it is not yet endorsed by Sony Com. Entertainment USA. May not be released anywhere else. Probly won't get it cos of looks - will decide when more info and screens emerge.

the preview comes from an australian site though - theyd be crazy not to release it to rugby mad australia. it may not be released in america cos it cant compete with anything outside the ea/espn sports franchises. i dont think WCR was exactly a smash hit over there.

having said that from the screenshots so far it dosent look like id care less if they didnt release it here. why do they all have tape on their legs? and why does the scoreboard look like its a step back from WCR?

Originally posted by umosay+May 13 2005, 05:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ May 13 2005, 05:37 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Zambaman
@May 13 2005, 05:27 PM
Well, at least you can tell one thing from the screenshots, they'll have proper length matches (I'm pretty sure WCR didn't, right?).
How can you tell that?

In the first game it always counted up to 80mins [/b]
Did it? Damn, it's been a while since I last played it, and I assumed it worked the same way JLR did.

Originally posted by Zambaman+May 14 2005, 01:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zambaman @ May 14 2005, 01:58 PM)</div>
Originally posted by umosay@May 13 2005, 05:37 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Zambaman
@May 13 2005, 05:27 PM
Well, at least you can tell one thing from the screenshots, they'll have proper length matches (I'm pretty sure WCR didn't, right?).

How can you tell that?

In the first game it always counted up to 80mins
Did it? Damn, it's been a while since I last played it, and I assumed it worked the same way JLR did. [/b]
It didn't go up to 80... at least not on the XBOX version. It went to 30 tops if I remember correctly.

I mean't 80 as on the time piece, the highest game time you could play was 15 min games

found this
Rugby Challenge 2006

Release Date: Fall 2005 (Europe only)
Genre: Sports (Rugby)
Platform: multi-format release
Description: Hip Games and Swordfish Studios (developers of Jonah Lomu Rugby and World Championship Rubgy) are taking Rugby to the next level in this realistic simulation. Not only will Rugby Challenge 2006 offer realistic graphics and animations but also a wide choice of real teams and stadiums along with the new 2006 Rugby rules.

from http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8226/Hip-Int...E3-2005-LineUp/

says it will be realistic...the pics dont look so realistic tho

Get National League One licensed - Rotherham should be in the game (only chance Quins have got too!)
<

you have to bear in mind the screenshot is an early shot. the game aint released until the autum/winter, so theyll have time to tweak things. The game is still in the early stages of production. The graphics are obviously going to be better than wcr. I am definitely getting this game, as i think it really cater for the nh need.

Rugby Challange 2006 will be the first game to have Wales as the best rated team in Europe!
<

I just hope the improve the tackling on this attempt

And the speed duration!

And the button mashing rucks!

And the AI defence!

And the..........................better stop now....

They say they have all the european comps, but what about super 12? The screens dont give much away, and on the first website metioned on this thread it says it is expected in 2006.

don't if they will be able to get super 12 ea proabbly have it locked up and i don't mind anyway with spencer going to northamption i will proabbly play as them in singleplayer

Sick of all these dud games.

If Rugby League 2 is excellent I may convert to be a league fan and adopt a team other than the Warriors. There you go Mario......the opportunity to win one over to the other side will wreck serious damage in the great debate.

.....gosh I am desperate for any emulation of the JLR experience.......

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 17 2005, 12:47 PM
.....gosh I am desperate for any emulation of the JLR experience.......
<
me too!!!

im waiting for time when im sitting down playing a rugby game saying:"its about bloody time they fixed the damned gameplay"

maybe the crap graphics is a sign of things to come..i mean they proberly took wcr instilled a new game engine and gave a stuff about the graphics...and totally focused on game mechanics and gameplay options and stuff...well im hoping

and the guys from swordfish are occasional visitors here....they may hav read thru r2005 and nrl2 threads to see what the real footy lovers want from there football games!!!

dont firget we are starring in this game
<

..well i hope

Oh yes I forgot we were in the game........YES!!! Something to look forward to!

I have kept this secret from my gaming nemesis for so long..hahaha!!!

Originally posted by benchwarmer_chriswhitaker@May 13 2005, 10:09 PM
the preview comes from an australian site though - theyd be crazy not to release it to rugby mad australia.
O... kay.

Graphics look the same if not worse than WCR (albeit they're only early screenies). I'm only semi interested at the moment. Seems too Northern Hemisphere based as well (didn't mention any SH stadia nor SH tournies).

Come on RL2.

Latest posts