• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

WCR2 Out this October

Could WCR2 look any worse?

Sanzar, how do you know there is a Rugby 2006 in production? If they're planning to release it around the same time as Rugby 2005 it will most defiantely be on the PS3 and the Xbox 360. This would be a pretty good move as there won't be too many ***les out around then so it would sell well. I'd buy just on the graphics, if it were to come out on PS3.

Originally posted by Wally@May 23 2005, 11:09 AM
Could WCR2 look any worse?

Sanzar, how do you know there is a Rugby 2006 in production? If they're planning to release it around the same time as Rugby 2005 it will most defiantely be on the PS3 and the Xbox 360. This would be a pretty good move as there won't be too many ***les out around then so it would sell well. I'd buy just on the graphics, if it were to come out on PS3.
HB made a statement saying they gad started work on it immediately following 2005's release.

i doubt it, i think it will more likely be realesed at the same time next year. i think ea will hope to attain a regular slot at this time for the rugby franchise. However it couldbe to coincide with the other ea ***les which come out in the autum/winter.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 23 2005, 03:35 PM
Cos they already knew R2005 was going to be a dud very soon.
Rugby 2005 is a good game in my opinion, but your right, it's almost like they acknowledge it's not a complete game either... So they start working on a sequel.

i must say it looks too much like WCR

but it could play like lomu...........bring on non button mashing rucks and mauls, but fully manual and all about timing and strategy take out the smash tackle, and include offloads and jump button and u got a good playable enjoyable rugby game

the most promising thing i see is the panaroamic effect on that side cam - i like it ALOT

u can see the 22m lines at the top of the screen angling in, which means that last man defender can be beating with skill and timing with an offload or grubber

reminds me of the lomu side cam.......running up and down, and panning after the 22m - THE PERFECT CAMERA ANGLE OF ALL RUGBY GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!

if it plays like lomu with new animations and alotta improvement especially on gameplay

and with licensed comps,cool game options and 3d graphics
<
(sorry jl rugby
<
)

then this in my eyes will be the greatest game ever!

right now it looks crap imo, unless this game has some major gameplay improvements over wcr i prob wont even rent it.

well that last bit was a lie but it will be interesting to see what if any improvements swordfish have made

Latest posts