• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

WCR2 Out this October

yeah im pretty sure it did, and its e3 now aint it. so id imagine there'd be news very soon.

Yes come on Ian & Trev, put your skates on & give us something to say you are still alive!
<

yeah your proabbly right wally they will be busy at e3 promoting theg ame maybe we will get info when they return

Just saw this at IGN regarding Rugby Challenge 2006 :
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Even though it's not yet confirmed for North American release, Hip Games and Swordfish Studios' Rugby Challenge 2006 was being shown at the 2005 E3. We had an opportunity to see the game and speak with one of the developers. And because of that we can offer up a few notable details regarding the ***le even though we didn't have an opportunity to actually lay our hands on the build shown.

Unlike last year, Rugby Challenge 2006 will feature all European licenses, save for France. It will also feature the Celtic Clubs and Euro Clubs as well as all Super 12 teams. Individual player likenesses are even being worked on. So this game is definitely official.
In terms of modes, Rugby Challenge 2006 boasts World Cup, Three Nations, Heineken / Guinness Cup, Tours (which are of course intercontinental), Leagues and Cups. According to Hip Games, the last two "fully take advantage of the licenses," though we unfortunately didn't have the time for Hip to detail how exactly they did that. In any event, each mode is said to be completely customizable.

In addition to those mainstays, the game will also feature a series of side challenges and extras. Expect to be able to relive classic matches from 15 years ago. Also anticipate playing around with the Survival and Hot Potato mini-games, among others. Challenge 2006 even boasts an Old Time Rugby mode that replicates the used and tattered black & white film reels of the eras its trying to portray. But, the deepest mode in the game will undoubtedly be Career, which lets players start their own Rugby franchise from the bottom up, eventually working into the big leagues and buying and trading players as they go.

Some other basic Rugby Challenge 2006 features include:

Six camera angles.
Seven stadiums (four of them licensed).
Extensive training and tutorial modes.
Variable weather conditions.
Hopefully a North American release will be announced shortly. Whether it is or not, expect additional information to start coming in before the game launches this September across applicable PAL territories.

[Editor's Note: Please forgive Ivan for any Rugby inaccuracies or slights that may be in this article. He's not the biggest Rugby player on the planet and he also hasn't slept for about six days. E3 can make even the most steely games editor wobbly, after all.][/b]

So, combining that with esoj's post, the only four actual stadiums are Murrayfield, Lansdowne Road, Twickenham, Millennium Stadium. And I'm cautious about them mentioning the Super 12...

Source.

i dont give a dam about stadiums!!!

u guys are like...oh man the graphics are crap,look at the ball mechanics,the stadiums are small...stuff that rubbish!!!

i wanna play and be fulfilled with the gameplay
<

everything else sounds sweet tho

hopefully ian and trevor have taking note of our forums requests for improvements upon the game!!!

I agree with chiro. You're being kind of hypocritical. You say 'OMG teh grapics r crap lol?' yet you say 'lol make it liek Jonah rofl' slight exaggeration. I think this game sounds promising. It's got all of the modes we asked for, a deep sounding career mode, licenses, and from what we've heard from the developers, they've spent a bit of time reworking the gameplay (thank god). I dunno, maybe it's my dissappointment in Rugby 2005 speaking, but this game sounds pretty exciting.

More depth than Deepy McDeep in..... a..... deep............thing
<

Please no, not the huge markers above heads, and is that a sprint meter I see?

Grpahics still looking below WCR (let alone Rugby 2005) standard and not seeing international licences (Bar England)

Still appears to be those stupid stop and stand still tackles that starts mauls, although maybe, just maybe some momentum goes into those (please)

Alot of hope has dissolved after seeing these screens.

Hmm. Graphics aren't too hot, and there is evidence of the disgusting tackling system of WCR in those screens.

I'm not that excited about this game right at the moment. We'll see.

Looks like WCR with new grass.

Still poor team positioning, both teams are still lined up like they are both on attack which is just weird

D'oh. I just had to open my big mouth.

Judging by these screens, it looks like NOTHING has changed. Except for a couple of minor cosmetics.

The white line paint is far too flat and 2d, making (among other things) the game look far too cartoony.
Perfect example:

rc06pc010.jpg

I hope it gets better.

Oh, and please, please PLEASE give this game some momentum! If only WCR had semi-realistic momentum in it, I would have played the game another 10 minutes. Thats right, I would have played it for twice as long.

Originally posted by JJ-@May 22 2005, 06:03 PM
Hmm. Graphics aren't too hot, and there is evidence of the disgusting tackling system of WCR in those screens.

I'm not that excited about this game right at the moment. We'll see.
Me neither... after playing Rugby 2005 (which I must confess I still enjoy on occasion) and with the impeding release of RL2, this game won't really impress me I don't think.

On another note, they are making then next EA Rugby already, who here thinks they are going to produce it for PS3 and XBOX 360? I think they may, they'll have PS2/XBOX versions aswell I'd say, but I'm guessing they may want to make it a launch game for the PS3's Australasian release! ... At least I'm hoping
<

Can you imagine a Rugby game powered by the PS3 hardware!?! It makes me drool just imagining it!

Damn man, that last sentence got my heart rate up. They could have NPC in it, a huge number of stadiums, realistic graphics, endless amount of animations, endless amount of unlockables (footage etc. a la RL1) *drool*

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@May 22 2005, 07:44 PM
Damn man, that last sentence got my heart rate up. They could have NPC in it, a huge number of stadiums, realistic graphics, endless amount of animations, endless amount of unlockables (footage etc. a la RL1) *drool*
...yeah,yeah...and better gameplay.....

<
<

<

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@May 22 2005, 06:21 PM
The white line paint is far too flat and 2d, making (among other things) the game look far too cartoony.
Perfect example:

rc06pc010.jpg
Also, the scoreline in the pic is too unrealistic!!!
<
<
<

Latest posts