• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

WCR2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez... Gay Guy, u really know your stuff!!

I was just posting my thoughts & i would never of thought about what you said in a million years
<

Great reply mate!!
<

JJ..

It would be great if it had a advanced mode for all of you deeper gameplay freaks!!
<

& have a simple mode, meaning simple rugby for simple people like me!
<
(Now your'e are confused as me!!
<
<
<
)

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Aug 26 2004, 10:48 PM
1. Pass is determined by number of taps on pass button. 4 taps is pass to the 4th guy for example. Leave the holding pass button for off-loads.
That woul make passing really slow. There is really only time to have two taps, because the passing in WCR was so slick. If you were going to have three taps, the ball would already be in the air by the time you tap pass for the third time. Maybe, when you press pass before the player gets the ball he does a quick tip-off / slap pass like so many you to get the ball to the wing (or to a certain BOP fullback to score a try vs Waikato...).

Originally posted by JJ-@Aug 25 2004, 05:50 PM
Franchise
I'll go for a process of playing it, as it will show my wish anyway.
1. Pick a provincial team/franchise if wanted. Pick an international team if wanted.. Pick another provincial team if wanted (from a different tier).
eg I pick Chiefs, All Blacks and Bay of Plenty.
2. Select tournaments to participate. Either select real or fictional for each team you have. So all real for 2005 would have you play out the Super 12, Bay of Plenty provincial game vs the Lions, the All Blacks tests, the NPC and then the end of year tests. In 2007 it would be the World Cup in France.

If you choose fictional you could take the Chiefs into a World League (like Rugby 2004) and a World Cup in 2005 hosted by New Zealand. Call off the Tri Nations if you like and take a tour of South Africa. I don't think this would be that complicated. The setting up screens would be something like this:
Screen 1 Pick a team [Chiefs]
Screen 2 Select tournaments to particapate. [Real {2005} games]
Pop up: Would you like another team? [Yes]
Screen 3 Pick a team [Bay of Plenty]
Screen 4 Select tournaments to particapate. [Real {2005} game + Fictional Tournament]
Screen 5 All options of the Bay of Plenty fictional tournament (eg no. of teams, when it begins etc)
Pop up: Would you like another team? [No]
Screen 6 Injuries [Yes] Suspensions [Yes] Game difficulty [Medium] Ability to trade players [Yes] etc... Some of the schedules of your teams overlap. [Allow players to play multiple games per weekend. OR Do not allow players to play multiple games per weekend].
And you're into it. Wasn't that long was it?
I'd prefer both a franchise and season mode.

Franchise mode:
1: 30 fictional teams are split up into three teirs. All players are also split into three teirs.
2: You start with a designated amount of money, and have to purchase a squad of 26 to play with. Because you have little money you must buy lower quality players (ie the Conrad Smiths, Wayne McIntees and Josh Levi who are good but not really up there).
3: Like in fantasy-rugby, your player values rise and fall depending on their tackles, try's, goal kicking form and turnovers. You sell and purchase players to embetter your team.
4: When you win your tier, you are promoted to the next division with a big wod of cash (both from promotion plus the worth of your tier 3 players you have to let go.)
5: You buy your teir two players, and start again. Repeat untill you win the top teir.

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..+Aug 28 2004, 09:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (..::ERIC::.. @ Aug 28 2004, 09:05 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-
@Aug 25 2004, 05:50 PM
Franchise
I'll go for a process of playing it, as it will show my wish anyway.
1. Pick a provincial team/franchise if wanted. Pick an international team if wanted.. Pick another provincial team if wanted (from a different tier).
eg I pick Chiefs, All Blacks and Bay of Plenty.
2. Select tournaments to participate. Either select real or fictional for each team you have. So all real for 2005 would have you play out the Super 12, Bay of Plenty provincial game vs the Lions, the All Blacks tests, the NPC and then the end of year tests. In 2007 it would be the World Cup in France.

If you choose fictional you could take the Chiefs into a World League (like Rugby 2004) and a World Cup in 2005 hosted by New Zealand. Call off the Tri Nations if you like and take a tour of South Africa. I don't think this would be that complicated. The setting up screens would be something like this:
Screen 1 Pick a team [Chiefs]
Screen 2 Select tournaments to particapate. [Real {2005} games]
Pop up: Would you like another team? [Yes]
Screen 3 Pick a team [Bay of Plenty]
Screen 4 Select tournaments to particapate. [Real {2005} game + Fictional Tournament]
Screen 5 All options of the Bay of Plenty fictional tournament (eg no. of teams, when it begins etc)
Pop up: Would you like another team? [No]
Screen 6 Injuries [Yes] Suspensions [Yes] Game difficulty [Medium] Ability to trade players [Yes] etc... Some of the schedules of your teams overlap. [Allow players to play multiple games per weekend. OR Do not allow players to play multiple games per weekend].
And you're into it. Wasn't that long was it?
I'd prefer both a franchise and season mode.

Franchise mode:
1: 30 fictional teams are split up into three teirs. All players are also split into three teirs.
2: You start with a designated amount of money, and have to purchase a squad of 26 to play with. Because you have little money you must buy lower quality players (ie the Conrad Smiths, Wayne McIntees and Josh Levi who are good but not really up there).
3: Like in fantasy-rugby, your player values rise and fall depending on their tackles, try's, goal kicking form and turnovers. You sell and purchase players to embetter your team.
4: When you win your tier, you are promoted to the next division with a big wod of cash (both from promotion plus the worth of your tier 3 players you have to let go.)
5: You buy your teir two players, and start again. Repeat untill you win the top teir. [/b]
I like Eric's idea it sounds awesome

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..+Aug 28 2004, 08:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (..::ERIC::.. @ Aug 28 2004, 08:45 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@Aug 26 2004, 10:48 PM
1.  Pass is determined by number of taps on pass button.  4 taps is pass to the 4th guy for example.  Leave the holding pass button for off-loads.
That woul make passing really slow. There is really only time to have two taps, because the passing in WCR was so slick. If you were going to have three taps, the ball would already be in the air by the time you tap pass for the third time. Maybe, when you press pass before the player gets the ball he does a quick tip-off / slap pass like so many you to get the ball to the wing (or to a certain BOP fullback to score a try vs Waikato...). [/b]
Great idea the tip off pass BEFORE the player recieves the ball, very much like the one touch pass the soccer games have. Why didn't they think of this before?

I don't think the delay in pressing multiple taps in select passing is that significant for three reasons:
First, whenever someone does a long mis-out pass in real life there is often a slight delay as the person will wind up (pre launch extension of the arms is longer) to power their pass over a distance. It would look very unrealistic, almost like an arcade game if players were doing INSTANT super length passes and perhaps lose the realism of the game. Once realism is lost the game descends to space invaders. Sometimes in WCR you could almost pass the ball from side to side for ages before being nailed which is not exactly true to life most of the time. With having a slight delay in the players attempt to clear the ball from congestion on their side of the field there would be a chance for the defence to shut it down, making defence less frustrating. Small passes have been instant with the JLR system of button release being so successful so the intricate detail of one touch passing is still upheld, however I do not think this instantaneosity (made up word) should be attributed to long passes, hence the delay.
Secondly it is not a handicapping delay as most people should be able to push the pass button 8 times in a second which you would not need. 2 or 3 times would be enough for an effective backline move pass.
Thirdly, the ball would not be in the air before the third tap, such is the nature of gaming animation and frame commands (see most "beat em ups" go to practice mode to see what I mean).

Originally posted by gjohn85@Aug 27 2004, 10:21 PM
Geez... Gay Guy, u really know your stuff!!

I was just posting my thoughts & i would never of thought about what you said in a million years
<

Great reply mate!!
<
<
Thanks mate. All our ideas bouncing off each other can only lead to inprovements for everybody. The more brains working, the quicker we will progress. Better for all....I'm sure your sick of crap oval ball games an look enviously at soccer and gridiron products...gosh they are so lucky.

Perhpas for the season mode you speak of, it should be called coach/owner/manager mode and have it so you start playing as say an npc team, playing them through a season and If you perform well you can control a super 12 team then international etc etc. All the manager options should be available in this mode. Basically like the manager type games but being able to play the games.

Stat tracking would be awesome during tournaments.

Individual Stats:
Tries:
Cons:
Pens:
DKs:
Total Points:
Tackles:
Missed tackles:
Turnovers:
Errors:
Broken tackles:
Line breaks:
Kick/pass/run ratio:
Punt/bomb/grubber ratio:
Metres gained (running):
Metres gained (kick):
Penalties against:
Yellow Cards:
Red Cards:

Pick and go. When you take players out of a ruck, make them bunch together and have them provide support when you pick and go. Also, when you pick and go, a forward from the ruck leaves to pick it up, halfbacks suck at it.

Rucks (user possesion):
X: Hold on / Ruck (when not holding on)
O: Blow over / drive through
Triange: Remove players
Square: Initiate halfback controls

Rucks (user defending)
X: Grab ball (ie when ball is out)
O: Enter ruck
Triangle: Remove players from ruck
Square: Ruck

When a flanker makes a tackle he gets to his feet automaticly, then you press X to grab the ball. Rucks need to be quick, like, press O twice to put two forwards in and then the ball is there. If the cpu puts three in before you they drive through the middle and ruck the ball back.

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Aug 28 2004, 10:05 PM
Pick and go. When you take players out of a ruck, make them bunch together and have them provide support when you pick and go. Also, when you pick and go, a forward from the ruck leaves to pick it up, halfbacks suck at it.
Good idea the pick and go. It should be noted that if a player selects pick and go then they CANNOT PASS for a certain amount of time, otherwise people will be winning cheap (cheese for those of Madden speak) rucks by picking it up and passing out, thus turning the game into a hybrid of touch rugby and sevens.

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Aug 28 2004, 10:00 PM
Stat tracking would be awesome during tournaments.

Individual Stats:
Tries:
Cons:
Pens:
DKs:
Total Points:
Tackles:
Missed tackles:
Turnovers:
Errors:
Broken tackles:
Line breaks:
Kick/pass/run ratio:
Punt/bomb/grubber ratio:
Metres gained (running):
Metres gained (kick):
Penalties against:
Yellow Cards:
Red Cards:
Yeah this would be good, and some of them popping up in game. eg If someone scores a try a little pop up box with 1 try today, 3 tries this tournament. If it can, even deeper tracking would be cool for the entire game, so it would keep that sort of record for each player for the total games they've played.

For individual games, more stats such as lineouts won (individually and team) would be good.

When playing through season modes (Franchise, World cup, Tri Nations or whatever) having a news ticker with all injuries, supsensions and results would be good.

as long as the contest at the tackle can be won by the man on his feet in a 1 on 1 situation before the rest of the fowards get there then im happy.

Congratulations Wallaby84 on becpoming the 100th registered member.

My main wish is domestic sides. An dpossibly making the game slightly more realistic. I'm all for fun, but I also want to believe I'm playing a battling game of rugby.

CAREER MODE

You start off in the 3rd Division of your chosen country (NZ , Australia or SA ). You have the option to either create your own team from scratch (playing strips,logos,area,name etc) or take control of a normal 3rd Divison team.You also start with $20,000 which can be used to do various things.
Reputation : Progress through your career will be based on reputation. Your reputation will go up or down depending on your results. So if you win , score x amount of tries ,score 50 points, if you win away from home etc..these things are good and your rep will go up.
Sponsors : After a few games you may get an offer from a sponsor. These sponsors will pay you after each game. A bit more if you happen to win. All they ask is to have thier logo on your strip somwhere .Some Sponsors have perks like Quantas will pay for your Travel expenses ,Nike will pay extra if you wear thier boots, some may simply offer you more money per game. There will be a 'Loyal' factor , which means the longer you are with the same sponsor ,the more they will offer you. You can only have 1 sponsor at a time so choose well.
Promotion : If you win the finals ,and then the Promotion/Relegation Match you will have the option to continue on into 2nd Division either with your created team , or you can choose from a few 2nd Division teams that are offered to you. The better your rep ,the more likely you will get offers from the better teams.
Everything in 2nd Division is a step up from 3rd , you get more money per game, player salaries are higher , the difficulty is harder ,the crowds are bigger. You then work your way up through 2nd Division ,into 1st Division then on into Super 12 (if you are lucky
<
).
Franchise: Pretty straightforward , you can buy/sell/trade players .So there is the possibility you could have a Super 12 team made up entirely of internationals.Also there is a possibility that you could have a current 1st Division player playing for your 3rd Division team..they would be very expensive though
<

National Teams : The Ultimate .You have to play at least 2 seasons in Super 12 before you will even be considered to coach your National Team.Unless your Reputation has been high all along you may get asked earlier .If you get the job you can select the players you want ,and then take on the Tri Nations. If you win the Tri Nations , depending on the year you might enter the world Cup ,or take a Tour of Europe. However if you suffer a cpl of losses, youll probably end up losing the job.
<

Originally posted by MantiS@Sep 20 2004, 03:19 AM
CAREER MODE

You start off in the 3rd Division of your chosen country (NZ , Australia or SA ).
I like the idea of a career mode -- definitely. But let's not forget that the game is being made in England.

im new to this site could you please tell me if anyone knows if clubteams are in WCR2, and if so from what leagues. (super 12, Zurich prem, NPC etc)

Originally posted by sarries fan@Oct 27 2004, 07:32 AM
im new to this site could you please tell me if anyone knows if clubteams are in WCR2, and if so from what leagues. (super 12, Zurich prem, NPC etc)
No one knows yet.

It's all speculation until Ian and Trevor (from Swordfish - the developers) let us know. And they're pretty good about keeping in touch with us, hence the 'Be a part of WCR2" thread, etc, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.