• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

We are Not Italy!

I agree w/u Colombia.... I have faith in the Pumas (especially forwards pack) They will win at least one game at home.-

Last edited:
You can´t compare Scotland with N.Z, S.A or Aus. The Pumas eat Scotland, Italy, Wales and IRELAND for breakfast, and that´s for sure.

Scotland got a win in Australia the last time they were there, as did Ireland. Tough break eh?

Didn't Scotland do the double on Argentina, in Argentina, recently as well?

I agree w/u Colombia.... I have faith in the Pumas (especially forwards pack) They will win at least one game at home.-

They are hard to beat at home and will have a good chance against Australia I think. In a few years they will become a force in World Rugby.

They need a domestic pro league so all the best players aren't all playing on NH time table.

A question for my Argentine friends or anyone else knowledgable about Argentine rugby; if Argentina were to get say 4 Super rugby franchises where would they likely be placed? I guess I'm trying to ask where is rugby popular in Argentina and would it make sense to have a franchise based in the capitol as well? I would personally love a Super rugby tournament where each country had 4 competitive teams.

noooooo, they're not like Italy. No offense to Italy, I support Italy, but the Pumas in just their first championship almost got the Boks at home and did manage a tie, almost got Australia on the road and led for a long period in the match, and it took 66min for the AB's to score a try AT HOME against them.
They're not too likely getting the AB's, but I've got my money on them for the AUS at home match.

They've been surprisingly terrific, really, but with some big big flaws that have perhaps cost them some games...

A question for my Argentine friends or anyone else knowledgable about Argentine rugby; if Argentina were to get say 4 Super rugby franchises where would they likely be placed? I guess I'm trying to ask where is rugby popular in Argentina and would it make sense to have a franchise based in the capitol as well? I would personally love a Super rugby tournament where each country had 4 competitive teams.

We're not ready to have 4 super rugby franchise right now... maybe we can start with 1 or 2 at least; and they be placed in Bs. As.

We're not ready to have 4 super rugby franchise right now... maybe we can start with 1 or 2 at least; and they be placed in Bs. As.

I'm sure you could field at least two teams that would be bottom mid-table teams if you could get your players from Europe. And two more like Los Pampas XV for exposure to top rugby and development even if they join the Kings at the bottom of the table. I always thought the interest in rugby is away from BA but I suppose that'd be the most logical place for a commercial franchise.

I'm sure you could field at least two teams that would be bottom mid-table teams if you could get your players from Europe. And two more like Los Pampas XV for exposure to top rugby and development even if they join the Kings at the bottom of the table. I always thought the interest in rugby is away from BA but I suppose that'd be the most logical place for a commercial franchise.

Pampas XV (which is a collective team of the best Argentines who still play in Argentina) lost to the Kings this year in the Vodacom Cup.

So that suggests that for an Argentine team to compete in Super Rugby, they would have to bring several more players back home.

The 2011 Pampas XV though, were undefeated and won the entire tournament (about 10-12 players from that side such as Creevy, Imhoff and Sanchez were then signed to European clubs).

I'm not quite sure that we need another 4 Super Rugby franchises just yet to be perfectly honest, especially when you're competing with the likes of the Wallabies, Boks and Blacks who have some of the biggest player bases and almost infinite funding to develop the code in their own countries.

As mentioned they'd benefit to begin with a professional domestic comp with a single Super Rugby team to start making the link. Christ knows Australia needs it. There is a rather bad gap between club rugby and Super Rugby in Australia.

The best teams and players of the country are in Buenos Aires.

No way... remember that try against ABs in the WRC in 2011... that guy is from TUCUMAN (Farias Cabello)...and Senatore (ROSARIO) started the last phase with an awesome running: Argentina is not BA, the best players (and the best people & places) are not in BA too. #fact

No way... remember that try against ABs in the WRC in 2011... that guy is from TUCUMAN (Farias Cabello)...and Senatore (ROSARIO) started the last phase with an awesome running: Argentina is not BA, the best players (and the best people & places) are not in BA too. #fact
I know that man, but the URBA tournament is the best of Argentina, and I´m not from Bs. As.

It´s not a matter of where are the best players. The thing is that in BA there are 3 times as many players as in the rest of the country alltogether.
Besides that, i think that the best players in the Pumas squad are: JM Hernandez, J Fernandez Lobbe, Rodrigo Roncero and Patricio Albacete. All from BA.
I believe that Rosario, Cordoba and Tucuman unions may be able to put a very competitive side, if they join forces, so that way you could have one team from URBA and another one from the Interior unions.