• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

We Need To Talk About Wasps

Sorry to hear the bad news. I hope WASPS can recover financially before the domino effect begins, if it hasn't already.

So sounds like Vaughan and Holland want to run the club from the training facilities owned by Chris Holland. Idea is get the club into Championship, re-sign fringe players and squad players where possible (assuming young talent and best players leave) and rebuild from there.

So in my head, maybe.... just maybe we can play in the championship and i would snap your hand off or that. Chris Holland has paid for his own insurance so the players can keep training and staying fit which is good.

Sheridan says that we will be pushing but Prem is unlikely.

To be honest, if we could get half of a squad together in the champ and maybe keep hold of the likes of Spink, Frost, Cardall, WHW, Porter, Bassett, Hartley and a few more we could do ok in the champ and build up again. Although i still think we need to come back to London or at least down towards Oxford etc way.

Cov city fans on social media doing plenty of gloating about Wasps. Someone did point out that they are still closer to having no ground to play in than owning one.

The comments I've seen from cov fans just reinforces the stereotype that football is for scummy people who have no class. Wasps being at the Ricoh had nothing to do with the self inflicted cov city problems.

I really hate football and their fans.

Cov city fans on social media doing plenty of gloating about Wasps. Someone did point out that they are still closer to having no ground to play in than owning one.
They are better off not gloating. Not certain of anything themselves. I love my football, But fans,rivalry, chants etc really are childish.

The comments I've seen from cov fans just reinforces the stereotype that football is for scummy people who have no class. Wasps being at the Ricoh had nothing to do with the self inflicted cov city problems.

I really hate football and their fans.
Rugby a sport for all. As long as you don't like football.

I think the embarrassing thing is the self-entitlement that a few Cov fans think they have to the stadium. The only person who got them into trouble was their owners and if they weren't willing to buy the stadium, they won't be now.

We recently as a Wasps community lost a long term fan who was a real favourite of fans, staff and players a like. We had Cov fans mocking his death, I hate to say it also, there have been a very minute percentage on twitter of Rugby fans mocking the situation but to be honest, that's probably some very bitter and twisted people who think its funny.

TBH the whole community has been very kind and generous, offers of support, spare tickets etc have been offered. Time to do some stadium touring me thinks....

It's not just a few Cov fans though is it?
It's most of them. Even my friends who are cov fans really hate wasps and literally blame them for cov not being world beaters.

I've fallen out with a few of them because of their stupid opinions. What's worse is their complete ignorance over really who caused the mess they are in which is 100% their rubbish owners.

I have to agree with @Don't Skip Leg Day, the self-entitlement that they have. Expect to be given everything despite the fact their owners sold us the stadium and we bought it fairly from Alan Higgs Charity.

I should point out that Cov fans (Rugby) have been more than welcoming, understanding and kind however.

I used to admire Coventry City. Had some really good players. Seems a long time ago. They will never get back to that. Maybe that is why they are so bitter.

Hey guys - old head in the union game, new to the forum - so i was listening to the Interview that James Haskell gave Sky re: franchising the English game. With the well documented issues in the Rainbow league and welsh clubs in particular struggling financially, would Haskells views not be pretty bang on?? Having an NFL style commissioner and Franchising teams would be, for me, currently the best most viable opportunity for the game to re-flourish and get back to where it should be.
You could have a B league of all of the current English Prem/Welsh Prem clubs that are in geographical friendly leagues underneath the flagship tournament - but also under neath (more importantly for me) the BUCs leagues.
I dont really want to see our historic clubs disappear BUT i dont see where Rugby moves forward to enable us to grow again in any other week.

I'd suggest a league that has the 2 scottish clubs, 3 welsh sides, 3 irish sides and 6 English sides.

Hey guys - old head in the union game, new to the forum - so i was listening to the Interview that James Haskell gave Sky re: franchising the English game. With the well documented issues in the Rainbow league and welsh clubs in particular struggling financially, would Haskells views not be pretty bang on?? Having an NFL style commissioner and Franchising teams would be, for me, currently the best most viable opportunity for the game to re-flourish and get back to where it should be.
You could have a B league of all of the current English Prem/Welsh Prem clubs that are in geographical friendly leagues underneath the flagship tournament - but also under neath (more importantly for me) the BUCs leagues.
I dont really want to see our historic clubs disappear BUT i dont see where Rugby moves forward to enable us to grow again in any other week.

I'd suggest a league that has the 2 scottish clubs, 3 welsh sides, 3 irish sides and 6 English sides.
It's difficult because who do you decide to axe and the legal issue that would cause. You take Gloucester, Saracens, Leicester, Exeter, Bath, Quins for example. I don't see Bath, Saints, Sale, Bristol etc rolling over and having there belly tickled.

I have proposed a 28 team league with 10 Celtic teams, London Irish, London Scottish, London Welsh and Cornish Pirates forming one conference and 14 English teams forming another.
Play a 17 game season, including 1 overseas plus play offs.
I know it is a lot of teams, but the market would be there if they were franchises and proper revenue sharing happened, just like the NFL.

Latest posts