• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

We Need To Talk About Wasps

Without wanting to jump to conclusions, not selling Season Tickets 3wks before the start of the season definitely suggests a major problem.

Not sure if it's linked but wasps have moved to ticket master to run their season ticket sales and you h add e to register for an account with wasps to get one etc. that bit of their website is working but no main links to purchase season tickets is odd or very worrying for them.

I find it a bit odd given that they are still advertising the STs on their website. More likely it's a Ticketmaster issue?

I'm really concerned about the club and think matters will come to a head very soon.

It does hurt a little at the moment. I think we will be fine but do think Richardson is scrambling for additional investment and a solution to the ground issue.

I should also point out that there are rumours another prem club is about to announce major financial issues and not paying players or suppliers.

It does hurt a little at the moment. I think we will be fine but do think Richardson is scrambling for additional investment and a solution to the ground issue.

Well, he'll have some money from selling his shares in the training ground.

I see the Wasps Community Foundation was formerly struck off by the Charity Commission today for having failed to submit accounts (though was actually dissolved earlier this week).

Ok, so hypothetically if nothing is done to save Wasps or Worcester, how does that affect other clubs as many are also treading water at best? For example I imagine the tv revenues would be affected as BT have less games the could show. Also each team would lose 2 match days worth or revenue. It's also a lot of negative publicity which could affect sales.

Ok, so hypothetically if nothing is done to save Wasps or Worcester, how does that affect other clubs as many are also treading water at best? For example I imagine the tv revenues would be affected as BT have less games the could show. Also each team would lose 2 match days worth or revenue. It's also a lot of negative publicity which could affect sales.
Good opportunity to drop number of prem teams (11 is a bad number to have tho) Better for player welfare. Could shift fixtures so you get similar number of games available to be televised. And doubt Bt would be bothered too much about warriors not being around to be televised.

Good opportunity to drop number of prem teams (11 is a bad number to have tho) Better for player welfare. Could shift fixtures so you get similar number of games available to be televised. And doubt Bt would be bothered too much about warriors not being around to be televised.
10 is a good number, 8 would be better but in the realms of turkeys voting for Christmas.
12 / 14 in the championship, with ring fencing at that level - and a domestic cup including all 20 teams.
Academies for all 20.
TV deal to include Prem, Champ and Cup all together as a package deal.

Better for player welfare.
Better for avoiding international clashes.
Better for quality and intensity of every match.
Better exposure for the Champ, along with higher quality (especially if Wuss &/ Wasps can be saved).
Security for clubs to invest (though the ring fence should be soft, and allow for bitiois clubs who can prove financial viability and on-pitch quality).

Drop Wuss and Wasps for financial problems, and Bath for losing the premiership.

Wasps are a club with a rich history, even if they are ridiculed for the move to the Midlands. Losing the club would be a blow to rugby in this country in my opinion. I don't want to sound harsh but I don't think many people would be bothered about losing Worcester.

So Wasps move half the country away from their home, take over part of Worcesters catchment area, then say no one would miss them cause Wasps have a richer history

Nice

I don't want either club to die but wasps winning some trophies a couple decades ago doesn't mean they deserve to stay more than Wuss

Latest posts