• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

We Need to talk about Worcester

Two cowboys in the bottom corners of the full-time tweet too.

Whoever is doing Twitter for Warriors at the moment is a complete legend.

And the first deadline is at high noon today.
twinning spider man GIF by Professional Bull Riders (PBR)

Tweeting that the Falcons match will go ahead.

What odds Wasps v Worcester happening in round 13 over Christmas?

apparently Worcester all but done. RFU will be nicer to wasps however. Doncaster and Ealing should be ****** that they have set up clubs but have been kept out despite Worcester being allowed to operate.

Apparently a professional two tier option with reduced teams is on the menu as well as just a 10 team premiership.

For me the biggest worry seems to be that the RFU and Premiership rugby aren't on the same page. There needs to be a clear and cohesive strategy to grow the game and it doesn't seem like there is one.

Wouldn't a reduction to 10 teams need a unanimous vote by all the clubs? So two clubs would vote for voluntary relegation?
And everyone else voting for fewer home games per season?

As much as I like promotion/relegation realistically there's only 13 sides that are set up for top level and even those are propped up by sugar daddies and two are inches from death
Donny and (especially) Ealing talk the talk about being promoted but if they did they'd more than likely end up like London Welsh or Leeds

For me the biggest worry seems to be that the RFU and Premiership rugby aren't on the same page. There needs to be a clear and cohesive strategy to grow the game and it doesn't seem like there is one.

Of course there isn't one - PRL have absolutely no interest in growing the game - they've decided that would be a negative for their bottom line.
They'd rather have the larger slice of the smaller pie, not the smaller slice of a larger pie - because they're short-sighted, selfish idiots.

Wouldn't a reduction to 10 teams need a unanimous vote by all the clubs? So two clubs would vote for voluntary relegation?

Yes, which is why it's only been realistically viable as a joined-up-thinking approach alongside the Championship - against whom PRL have been at war for at least 15 years.
IIRC One of my first posts on this board was suggesting exactly this.

Of course, if 3 clubs are looking at going bust, then it becomes a different matter.

Last edited:
maybe some VC owner is willing to be bought out and leave a club with massive debts to fall down the pyramid into administration?

if you have some time going through the clubs on company clearing house or whatever it's called is a good use of time. Saracens makes a huge chunk of change a year on investments but will almost always end up finish the year with an operating loss. Worse year was when they had to pay salary cap fine. Exeter operate with very few investments and seem to operate as an actual sports team.

screw vc

Sad day for all associated with club, hopefully something good can still come out of this.

Dreadful news for all concerned ( except the owners, of course ). I agree that something needs to be done about the mismanagement by these people.
So sorry for the fans, players and back room staff.

yeah I'm glad the rfu did that. aside from all the insurance and paying staff it's removed any leverage the owners had. They no longer had an operating rugby club and pretty much only had administration as an option. Hopefully something good can come out of this.

Latest posts