Welsh rubgy at a crossroads

Robert Prosser

Academy Player
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Cardiff
I have posted this here as its about the regions:

[TEXTAREA]Welsh Rugby Union group chief executive Roger Lewis has said the game in Wales is at a "crossroads."
Wales' four regions are enduring a difficult time with dwindling crowds and star players joining French clubs.
But Lewis believes co-operation between the Union and the regions will be beneficial for the game's long term future.
"We are at a fundamental crossroads in the history of Welsh rugby," said Lewis.
"We are at a critical stage and that's what is so exciting because if we get this right we will come up with something in world rugby that will be the envy of the world.

[/TEXTAREA]

[TEXTAREA]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17251795[/TEXTAREA]

I am not sure what to think of this. It seems very late on and a case of attempting to close the door after the horse has bolted. Lewis also offers no solutions to the problem.

If you have the likes of the Blues chair saying they might not be paying players who play for Wales, the Lions and Baa Baa's and also paying them less. What on earth is going to be attractive to keep the best players in Wales in what is a pretty short career as a pro rugby footballer.

I have posted this here as its about the regions:

[TEXTAREA]Welsh Rugby Union group chief executive Roger Lewis has said the game in Wales is at a "crossroads."
Wales' four regions are enduring a difficult time with dwindling crowds and star players joining French clubs.
But Lewis believes co-operation between the Union and the regions will be beneficial for the game's long term future.
"We are at a fundamental crossroads in the history of Welsh rugby," said Lewis.
"We are at a critical stage and that's what is so exciting because if we get this right we will come up with something in world rugby that will be the envy of the world.

[/TEXTAREA]

[TEXTAREA]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17251795[/TEXTAREA]

Get what right ?.. I don't see any plan or solution, just alot of words

Latest posts