• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Welsh squad announced for SA tour.

To be honest Cheeseman is a decent player and I feel he has the ability to become a good International Standard Player, he is only 22 and has had a good couple of seasons with Bath now...

Unfortunately for him this year he has had some injuries but still managed to make an important impact in the side... Rotating with Crockett who has been on a good run this season...
[/b]
Fair play he`s from your club so you know better than me. The problem with Cymro is that he feels that he has to defend every player who is picked or even talked about for Wales. This doesnt help discussion and is a big reason for Wales`s problems post 1970`s( bar two years). I think that it is important that everyone should be able to discuss a players attributes fairly without caring who he represents.

<div class='quotemain'>
To be honest Cheeseman is a decent player and I feel he has the ability to become a good International Standard Player, he is only 22 and has had a good couple of seasons with Bath now...

Unfortunately for him this year he has had some injuries but still managed to make an important impact in the side... Rotating with Crockett who has been on a good run this season...
[/b]
Fair play he`s from your club so you know better than me. The problem with Cymro is that he feels that he has to defend every player who is picked or even talked about for Wales. This doesnt help discussion and is a big reason for Wales`s problems post 1970`s( bar two years). I think that it is important that everyone should be able to discuss a players attributes fairly without caring who he represents. [/b][/quote]

No danny once again assuming instead of knowing, ive badgerd Charlie on msn for a while about this lad. Ive watched him himself and I feel he could make the step up for an international cap, the fact that you dismiss my view instantly because you assume I dont watch Guniess Prem Rugby is shown here.

I can discuss a players attributes and I dont care who he represents, basically the way you talk you are just saying all the Welsh can only post about Welsh related rugby issues, all the English about English rugby etc etc!

I can also defend the player / players if I so wish so. If I feel that comments made about a player and I disagree with them then yes I can defend them and give my view. I see you defend Gloucster and England players and I never ever see anyone throwing around the comments that you throw time to time! But again danny it seems your view is the only correct view!

Basically you are telling me that I cant comment about a player and then you throw in the 'oh he's Welsh so he has to defend every player' comment again shows you ASSUME and don't understand! It must be the Welsh accent again <_<

Dyfal donc a dyr y gareg!

Cymro my man, I am probably Gloucesters biggest critic on this forum and tell it as it is. I am a die-hard Gloucester man but I am well aware of their failings. My comments have a good grounding in the fact that I watch Premiership rugby home and away with Gloucester and have been aware of Cheeseman for a few years now. Im not saying you dont ever see any Premiership rugby but in this field my knowledge has to be respected. I cant argue with you on the Magners league as I only watch it occassionaly, so you have a better knowledge of that league than me. All I ask is you try to take a balanced view of a player rather than feel you have a duty to your country to defend them. That way we can have better discussion.
As an example Ryan Lamb, who everyone raves about, should never be let near an international team. ;)

Cymro my man, I am probably Gloucesters biggest critic on this forum and tell it as it is. I am a die-hard Gloucester man but I am well aware of their failings. My comments have a good grounding in the fact that I watch Premiership rugby home and away with Gloucester and have been aware of Cheeseman for a few years now. Im not saying you dont ever see any Premiership rugby but in this field my knowledge has to be respected. I cant argue with you on the Magners league as I only watch it occassionaly, so you have a better knowledge of that league than me. All I ask is you try to take a balanced view of a player rather than feel you have a duty to your country to defend them. That way we can have better discussion.
As an example Ryan Lamb, who everyone raves about, should never be let near an international team. ;) [/b]

No mate it is my duty to post an opinion if I feel its necessary! I can take a balance view on a player but you are telling me I cant have an opinion on a a player purely for the fact you believe that I watch no Guniess Prem? You keep on saying its got nothing to do with it but it surely must do, because you are telling me that you watch the Guniess Prem more and have a better knowledge you may do so but there is nothing wrong in me defending what .... one player? danny the way you make it out I defend every Welsh player on the planet? But I dont mate, you assume these things ...

For example I do dislike Welsh players, and here are some of them:

Matthew Rees
Sonny Parker
Chris Wyatt
Rob Sidoli
Gareth Thomas
Dafydd Jones

I could go on for a bit longer, but I just dont defend Welsh players mate, its got nothing to do with nationality of myself or the players. If a player has taken uncessesary stick then I will back him up if I dsiagree!

Out of interst Cymro, why do you dislike Dafydd Jones. He was awesome at his best a few years ago, he's getting back to somewhere neer that now, which should be a massive plus for the Scarlets and Wales.

I remember a certain Richie McCaw stating that he and Colin Charvis were the toughest oponents he'd ever played against.

I fully understand the others named btw.

Out of interst Cymro, why do you dislike Dafydd Jones. He was awesome at his best a few years ago, he's getting back to somewhere neer that now, which should be a massive plus for the Scarlets and Wales.

I remember a certain Richie McCaw stating that he and Colin Charvis were the toughest oponents he'd ever played against.

I fully understand the others named btw. [/b]

Just realised I got the wrong person, sounds nothing the same though! I was meant to put Dafydd James down.

where the hell r the summer tour threads :S

anyways, we wont beat the boks

not with the side we got

if parker plays 12

nd steyn plays 12

steyn will rip parker to pieces

it wont even be funny

why is parker there

where the hell r the summer tour threads :S

anyways, we wont beat the boks

not with the side we got

if parker plays 12

nd steyn plays 12

steyn will rip parker to pieces

it wont even be funny

why is parker there

[/b]

It will be a challenge for Gatland and the players so anything could happen out there, im hoping for the best really!

<div class='quotemain'> Cymro my man, I am probably Gloucesters biggest critic on this forum and tell it as it is. I am a die-hard Gloucester man but I am well aware of their failings. My comments have a good grounding in the fact that I watch Premiership rugby home and away with Gloucester and have been aware of Cheeseman for a few years now. Im not saying you dont ever see any Premiership rugby but in this field my knowledge has to be respected. I cant argue with you on the Magners league as I only watch it occassionaly, so you have a better knowledge of that league than me. All I ask is you try to take a balanced view of a player rather than feel you have a duty to your country to defend them. That way we can have better discussion.
As an example Ryan Lamb, who everyone raves about, should never be let near an international team. ;) [/b]

No mate it is my duty to post an opinion if I feel its necessary! I can take a balance view on a player but you are telling me I cant have an opinion on a a player purely for the fact you believe that I watch no Guniess Prem? You keep on saying its got nothing to do with it but it surely must do, because you are telling me that you watch the Guniess Prem more and have a better knowledge you may do so but there is nothing wrong in me defending what .... one player? danny the way you make it out I defend every Welsh player on the planet? But I dont mate, you assume these things ...

For example I do dislike Welsh players, and here are some of them:

Matthew Rees
Sonny Parker
Chris Wyatt
Rob Sidoli
Gareth Thomas
Dafydd Jones

I could go on for a bit longer, but I just dont defend Welsh players mate, its got nothing to do with nationality of myself or the players. If a player has taken uncessesary stick then I will back him up if I dsiagree!
[/b][/quote]
Now doesnt that feel better. Well done Cymro letting go and admitting there are some Welsh players you dont rate is a big step forward for you on your future contributions. I look forward to seeing a far more balanced view from your posts. :bravo:

ummmm i think cymro's posts have always been balanced. just because he defends welsh players doesnt mean hes not balanced. the players he has defended he genuinely rates as players not just because there welsh, im sure if you had bought sonny parker up you would have had a far more critical response. it would be like for example, if i bought up 4 or 5 english players u rated and started slating them, nd u lept to there defence... does that make u baised towards english players :S

think your being a bit silly to be honest.

Well done Danny. Give yourself a nice pat on the back. Cymro's a very balanced poster, waaaay better than you. All this coming from the person who just won the 'Biggest bullshitter award', how's the irony tasting?

As always the Welsh boys stick together. Its a very admirable sentiment but it doesnt help us to have a fair discussion on the merits of certain players. My biggest bullshitter award was a pleasure to recieve but it bares no relavance to this issue.We are all free to make comments on whatever issue we like and some posters are more knowledgable on certain subjects than others. For example I wouldnt dream of questioning a South African members knowledge on a new member of the Springbok squad. So a little more respect of my Premiership knowledge would be appreciated. Like I said you guys sticking together for the sheer fact you are from the same country is great but it stifles discussion. I never took a kicking from the Welsh on the rugby field without fighting back and I certainly wont be accepting a verbal kicking from the same bully boy culture that exists in Wales towards the English.

what the hell are you on about :S where not sticking up for cymro cos hes welsh, where sticking up for him cos your tlking ******, pure and simple, stop harping on about welsh people sticking up for each other all the time, because its kind of tedious, nd well its stifles discussions.

what the hell are you on about :S where not sticking up for cymro cos hes welsh, where sticking up for him cos your tlking ******, pure and simple, stop harping on about welsh people sticking up for each other all the time, because its kind of tedious, nd well its stifles discussions.
[/b]
What he said. For example: I never stick up for lora because he's a smelly hippy. :D

Well said lora.

The 'bully boy' culture you describe danny, does not exist in us younger Welsh people, as we (unlike generations before, including parents) have not been belittled and hampered by the British government, which happened to be run by mostly English. Cymdeithas yr Iaith isn't so important anymore, as it has done it's duty and 'bullied' the then big cats in London to realize Welsh is an important language that deserves to be recognised. It took riots etc. a few decades ago, to enable us here in Wales to have simple things like road signs with Welsh on them or S4C, a Welsh tv channel.

There's still allot of banter between the two countries that mainly remains in sport, especially rugby. What is wrong with that, it's not as if were alone in 'hating' the English when it comes to sport. The rest of the home nations, France, Aus, and NZ all have similar attitudes. For me personally, this stems from things like media, where it doesn't matter what Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland manages to do, English news is always more important. This is not the fault of the general public, and to an extent I understand that the BBC, ITV and national papers etc. cater for the largest audience, England.

I have a number of English friends and my gf is technically English, being born in South End (though she considers herself Welsh). As long as English people who move to Wales make an effort to embrace our culture, I'm fine. If not, they can go stuff themselves. As for every other English person, such as yourself, I will treat you as I would any other person in the world, why wouldn't I?

End of rant.

Christ I never knew that my opinion on the possible selection of Tom Cheeseman for Wales could cause so much hassle.

In future danny, I will try not to post any of my thoughts and feelings about Wales and Welsh players if you so wish, because obviosuly I don't get through to you. It's not because Im Welsh its because I want to see the player play! It be the same for any nation, If I see a player who could make the grade at international level then I will say so.

As for the lads above, some great posts and for the fact they are Welsh make no difference. If you read back a page danny you will see Charlie posted saying that Cheeseman is one for the future!

Latest posts