• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Welsh squad announced for SA tour.

Expectations are down a bit for this tour because of injuries, but that gives Gatland a chance to show what he really brought to the party in the 6N.

SA will probably be in chaos, so I'll be disappointed if Wales don't take one win.

What TV channel will the matches be on?

Anyway, all the tours look interesting for the NH teams - see if there's depth to their squads.
[/b]
How will SA be in chaos? Should atleast wait until Saturday, after the Sharks game, to call that one.

How will SA be in chaos? Should atleast wait until Saturday, after the Sharks game, to call that one. [/b]
Just going by press headlines.

The tours will be interesting for SH teams as well!

<div class='quotemain'>How will SA be in chaos? Should atleast wait until Saturday, after the Sharks game, to call that one. [/b]
Just going by press headlines.

The tours will be interesting for SH teams as well!
[/b][/quote]
Definitely, sure will be.

Are the Springboks in trouble? havent heard anything, this series should be great. Habana vs Williams. :)

Cheers danny, looking foreward to it.

I was hoping for a better world XV. the way Marshall was talking about it on Scrum V a couple of weeks back, it sounded as though more of the SH stars playing in the NH were interested. I was hoping for the likes of Regan King, Luke McAllister, Carlos Spencer etc.

It should still be great. Should be nice to see an all out attcking game with Shane playing.

Cymro, the problem with judging the full back position on this game is it'll be all out attack. Stoddard won't be tested like he would in a full international, especially positional wise. This game plays into Stoddard's hands. I mean, he's been an attacking god recently lol. [/b]

yeah, good point. but Jamie Roberts is very good in attack (not quite as good as Stoddard, but he's sheer size and speed is enough to worry defenses) and has a better kicking game at Fullback, so I'd prefer seeing him at no.15 for the first test. But then again, Stoddard didn;t do too badly against the Sprinkboks last time, and he's superb in a loose open game.

Cheers danny, looking foreward to it.

I was hoping for a better world XV. the way Marshall was talking about it on Scrum V a couple of weeks back, it sounded as though more of the SH stars playing in the NH were interested. I was hoping for the likes of Regan King, Luke McAllister, Carlos Spencer etc.
[/b]
Yep, big let down imo. Marshall can't pick an exciting squad, nor can he play. Poor bugger.

Wales injuries worsen with Huw Bennett set to be ruled out and possibly Morgan Stoddart

Read this morning and was dissapointed to see it!

Andy had a chance to show he is Wales 3rd choice scrum half!!!

Surley they cant use Shane Williams as a back up! If so they should call up Tom Cheeseman!

they're gonna have to if there's any more injuries...
Cheeseman plays centre for Bath doesn't he?

they're gonna have to if there's any more injuries...
[/b]

Yea but can also play on the wing!

Also this is taken directly from the WRU website!

Gatland looks likely to add hooker Richard Hibbard to bring his tour party to 26 later this week, after Hibbard has been put through his paces in training as a replacement for his injured Ospreys colleague Huw Bennett.[/b]

<div class='quotemain'> they're gonna have to if there's any more injuries...
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
He plays both positions...........................badly!

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
He plays both positions...........................badly! [/b][/quote]

Hmm not from what Ive seen!!!

Oh and some good coach called Warren Gatland has also be looking and talking POSITIVES about him ... hmm I wonder if this Gatland is any good?

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Oh and some good coach called Warren Gatland has also be looking and talking POSITIVES about him ... hmm I wonder if this Gatland is any good?
[/b][/quote]
Look I have seen Cheeseman play loads of times live and he is a decent club player but dont imagine for a minute that he will be a star at international level. If you dont believe me ask a bath fan like Getofmeland who will back me up. Gatland IMO is a very good coach but dont ask the poor ******* to turn water into wine.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Look I have seen Cheeseman play loads of times live and he is a decent club player but dont imagine for a minute that he will be a star at international level. If you dont believe me ask a bath fan like Getofmeland who will back me up. Gatland IMO is a very good coach but dont ask the poor ******* to turn water into wine. [/b][/quote]

Your first point is fairly poor 'I have seen Cheeseman play loads of times live', just because you seem to assume that I live in Wales I have not seen Cheeseman is wrong. I have myself seen him play live, I have seen him on tv and yes he may not be the finished article but he is a young and he seems to be getting rave reviews from people I have asked and have seen him play. Getofmeland told he is one for the future!

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
Look I have seen Cheeseman play loads of times live and he is a decent club player but dont imagine for a minute that he will be a star at international level. If you dont believe me ask a bath fan like Getofmeland who will back me up. Gatland IMO is a very good coach but dont ask the poor ******* to turn water into wine. [/b][/quote]

Your first point is fairly poor 'I have seen Cheeseman play loads of times live', just because you seem to assume that I live in Wales I have not seen Cheeseman is wrong. I have myself seen him play live, I have seen him on tv and yes he may not be the finished article but he is a young and he seems to be getting rave reviews from people I have asked and have seen him play. Getofmeland told he is one for the future!
[/b][/quote]
Ok if it makes you feel beter he is like a better version of Frank Bunce combined with the magic of David Campese.

To be honest Cheeseman is a decent player and I feel he has the ability to become a good International Standard Player, he is only 22 and has had a good couple of seasons with Bath now...

Unfortunately for him this year he has had some injuries but still managed to make an important impact in the side... Rotating with Crockett who has been on a good run this season...

Latest posts