New Zealand won by three wickets

25 3rd ODI, (D/N), Christchurch

March

1 4th ODI, Napier

4 5th ODI (D/N), Auckland

9-13 1st Test, Auckland

17-21 2nd Test, Wellington

25-29 3rd Test, Napier

There is a HUGE gap between New Zealand and the windies, it showed yesterday with the game. WI should have cleaned up but they didnt have the fire power to close off the innings.

They were lucky to score 200 as well, they lose something in the batting without lara being here.

Duo return ahead of first Test
www.nzcricket.co.nz
Jamie How and Chris Martin have been recalled to the BLACKCAPS squad ahead of the first Test match of The National Bank Series against the West Indies at Eden Park.

Martin and How join vice-captain Daniel Vettori, who missed the fifth and final One Day International in Auckland, in the 13-man squad.

How, Peter Fulton and Jeetan Patel could all make Test debuts in the match, which comes 50 years to the day after the BLACKCAPS’ first-ever Test victory, against the same opposition at the same ground.

The squad retains most of the players who helped the BLACKCAPS to their 4-1 One-Day series win.

Two players will be omitted on the morning of the first Test and return to their provincial teams ahead of the sixth round of State Championship games, which start on March 11.

BLACKCAPS: Stephen Fleming (captain), Jamie How, Hamish Marshall, Peter Fulton, Nathan Astle, Scott Styris, Brendon McCullum, James Franklin, Kyle Mills, Daniel Vettori, Jeetan Patel, Shane Bond, Chris Martin.

How had the worst luck in that first innings of his.

run out at the non strikers end from the bat of marshall unlucky. lots of runs and lots of wickets ended the day even.

looking forward to day 2 :)

Originally posted by woosaah@Mar 10 2006, 09:52 AM
How had the worst luck in that first innings of his.

run out at the non strikers end from the bat of marshall unlucky. lots of runs and lots of wickets ended the day even.

looking forward to day 2 :)
Has been a good game to watch so far. And the great thing is that we are going to get a result.

Very unfortunate for How but thats cricket. Cracked me up that Cairns was saying that Bradshaw let the ball go past him (he did get a finger on it) on purpose to run How out. I hate Cairns as I commentator. Rigga is where it's at.

Oh yeah and the Windies are 160-5 at lunch day 2 with Sarwan on 59 and Bravo 28.

NZ got 275 all out with Styris getting a century. Top order sucked yet again.

bond out for second test with a virus, thats a BIG blow, not just for new zealand but for the game itself. Though i think it will be a closer contest but the WI might just have an edge. With Bond and Vettori, i think new zealand have it all over them, but with wi not having a decent bowling line up makes it a contest. WI have a better batting lineup though

Im glad to see Franklin getting 5, hope he can continue it.

see that Lara scored his worst game scores ever!!!! 1 and 1 he has never had 0 and 1 or 0 and 0 o_O first game he had 5 - 0 and now he needs an aggregate of 123 just to pass his previous worst series ever.

never count him off though

Well 2-0 up im glad to see NZ played some good cricket but the Windies didnt again well hopefully Lara can get get some good runs so the Windies can posta decent score.

Do yous think that Bond will not play as the series is already won? I enjoy seeing Bond being wrapped in cotton wool. Use em when we need him. And Marshall better be droped or atleast moved out of opener as that has failed.

no i think they will bring bond in, he needs as much cricket as he can at the moment. i still dont feel he is match fit.

this has to be marshalls last dig in the new zealand team, if he doenst come out well in this last game i feel he wont be going to saf.

i guess we will find out saturday morning :) i cant wait

na i would like to c them bring back sinclair, he has been scoring big runs in domestic this season and deserves another chance

Originally posted by woosaah@Mar 24 2006, 09:58 AM
na i would like to c them bring back sinclair, he has been scoring big runs in domestic this season and deserves another chance
Seconded. Sinclair has been a machine. Has Sinclair actually been opening though ?

i think he has been at first drop, but its not that much different from opening really. and i regaurd him more of an opener than anything else. top 3 should all be able to handle openeing anyway, thought i still dont think fulton should be 3, i see him more as a 4 at this stage anyway. even bringing flem back to open and put sinclair at 3. drop marshall, keep how for a bit longer.

its hard to say

Latest posts