• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What are you listening to?

I've been binging on Supertramp lately. I loved them back in the day when they were at their peak, and I still enjoy their music today. Crime Of The Century, Breakfast In America, Even In The Quietest Moments, Crisis? What Crisis? and Brother Where You Bound are my Top 5 Supertramp albums. And my favorite song is School.

Been listening to Babymetal almost exclusively this week (with some Band-Maid thrown in) - considering they have like 2 albums and an EP I think I've listened to everything 100 times or more.

I know they're a bit cheesy, but I'm obsessed - I'm a sucker for a catchy chorus (hence my love for pop punk) but metal guitar(/music) is my absolute jam, so it's a match maid in heaven.

I didn't realise how accomplished their backing band was, as well - their lead guitarist was in Marty Friedman's solo band, and toured with Paul Gilbert as well.

Got many favourites, but this is a pretty great live performance. First time I heard this song I was like "Damn, complete Dragonforce ripoff", until I found out Sam and Herman from Dragonforce actually wrote it, haha.

I've been listening to all sorts of random stuff in the last few months but it's universal totem orchestra, kayo dot, Pierrot lunnaire, smohalla, and merkabah That I've been going back to.

Foos are probably good fun live but I dunno ... bit of a disappointment for someone who grew up loving Nirvana.

I'm sure you'll have good time though Alpha, as long as you avoid the grumpy old "in my day we had REAL music" farts like me...

(Edit: Blindside is right about Learn To Fly though, it is a fantastic video)

Even if you aren't a fan they're an incredible live act. Main problem (to me) is you can only see them in somewhere like the ****ing O2 arena
Seeing them in the RDS doubt they'll stand up to Johnny and BOD but considering I'm currently spending 5 days a week in the library in that place (yes Ster's home ground has a library) it'll definitely be better than what I'm used to.

Foos are probably good fun live but I dunno ... bit of a disappointment for someone who grew up loving Nirvana.

I'm sure you'll have good time though Alpha, as long as you avoid the grumpy old "in my day we had REAL music" farts like me...

(Edit: Blindside is right about Learn To Fly though, it is a fantastic video)
Not mad into Nirvana either but would listen to them more than the Foos, most the live acts I see these days don't even sing or play instruments so I reckon we'd be approaching these guys from opposing angles!

Not mad into Nirvana either but would listen to them more than the Foos, most the live acts I see these days don't even sing or play instruments so I reckon we'd be approaching these guys from opposing angles!
In fairness I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with not playing instruments or singing, The Prodigy and Massive Attack both stand out as fantastic live sets I've seen who would fit that description (depending how you define "singing"...)

I can't say I blame Dave Grohl, he's under no obligation to make music like Nirvana, and he watched a friend literally drive himself to suicide while creating that music. I fully understand why his subsequent musical career took a less angsty approach (the UFO **** he's into is a bit nuts though)

In fairness I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with not playing instruments or singing, The Prodigy and Massive Attack both stand out as fantastic live sets I've seen who would fit that description (depending how you define "singing"...)

I can't say I blame Dave Grohl, he's under no obligation to make music like Nirvana, and he watched a friend literally drive himself to suicide while creating that music. I fully understand why his subsequent musical career took a less angsty approach (the UFO **** he's into is a bit nuts though)
My favourite act sings but are autotuned heavily to and sound fair roboty, linked them a couple times in here (the blaze) if you're curious! I'd also be into techno and the like, really liked massive attack when I saw em, wasn't so in to the Prodigy!

Yeah, he's continued to entertain millions, was never going to please everyone, I like his character a lot!

Recently saw someone refer to these guys as 'If Madness and the Clash had a really angry baby'

Latest posts