• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What are you listening to?

Just pre ordered the who's new Studio album....pretty classic sound, almost sampling themselves...still awesome

Just pre ordered the who's new Studio album....pretty classic sound, almost sampling themselves...still awesome

Bloody hell, this passed me by, a new Who studio album?? A bit sceptical of this sort of thing to be honest, I get it's boring to keep touring the same songs but writing the same style you were doing 4 decades ago is not going to produce anything interesting for me. Look at the Stones

Bloody hell, this passed me by, a new Who studio album?? A bit sceptical of this sort of thing to be honest, I get it's boring to keep touring the same songs but writing the same style you were doing 4 decades ago is not going to produce anything interesting for me. Look at the Stones
Can't argue...choosing to just go with it ;)

Been listening to a bunch of Polyphia,
If you like guitars/instrumentals then I highly reccomend them

Been listening to a bunch of Polyphia,
If you like guitars/instrumentals then I highly reccomend them

Do you mean like post-rock type stuff? I might give them a try, I love Mogwai and been looking into other post-rock recently

Do you mean like post-rock type stuff? I might give them a try, I love Mogwai and been looking into other post-rock recently

....maybe!
I'm terrible with assigning genres to music I heard, haha.
Wikipedia has them under prog-rock, math rock and funk metal.
They've toured with Periphery, but they're not as heavy as the other acts people associate them with. Can hear a lot of Steve Vai and John Petrucci in the guitarists, and you can really hear the blues and jazz that they were obviously brought up playing/listening to.

....maybe!
I'm terrible with assigning genres to music I heard, haha.
Wikipedia has them under prog-rock, math rock and funk metal.
They've toured with Periphery, but they're not as heavy as the other acts people associate them with. Can hear a lot of Steve Vai and John Petrucci in the guitarists, and you can really hear the blues and jazz that they were obviously brought up playing/listening to.
Sounds less appealing to be honest, I love the guitar in most forms but not a big metal guy and really not into the metal virtuoso types like Vai and Petrucci, impressive technically but not my vibe.

I'll give Polyphia a whirl though, sounds interesting.

Cool, try these:

And So I Watch You From Afar: ASIWYFA

Explosions in the Sky: Take Care, Take Care, Take Care

This Will Destroy You: S/T

The first one is quite heavy/shreddy guitar stuff, the latter two are quite mellow and closer to Mogwai. Enjoy, and let me know what you think

Cool, try these:

And So I Watch You From Afar: ASIWYFA

Explosions in the Sky: Take Care, Take Care, Take Care

This Will Destroy You: S/T

The first one is quite heavy/shreddy guitar stuff, the latter two are quite mellow and closer to Mogwai. Enjoy, and let me know what you think
Cheers will try them out.

I think I know the TWDY one a little bit, and did enjoy it if it's what I'm thinking of. I like The World is not a Cold Dead Place, time to try another EITS album (as a side note, post-rock as a group need a stern talking to about the length of band/album names. I haven't got all day mate, call yourself something snappy)

My only issue with your post is I wouldn't call Mogwai "mellow"? The best Mogwai tracks are the ones that start quiet and explode into an orgasm of noise with about 8 different types of distortion pedal!

Quite a few of my friends back in t'day were into Mogwai. I always struggled to enjoy them despite their music, in theory, appealing to my tastes. I will make an effort to try again at some point.

Agree with the mellow, perhaps the music never "releases" enough whereas

does for me. Adore some Isis stuff.

Cheers will try them out.

I think I know the TWDY one a little bit, and did enjoy it if it's what I'm thinking of. I like The World is not a Cold Dead Place, time to try another EITS album (as a side note, post-rock as a group need a stern talking to about the length of band/album names. I haven't got all day mate, call yourself something snappy)

My only issue with your post is I wouldn't call Mogwai "mellow"? The best Mogwai tracks are the ones that start quiet and explode into an orgasm of noise with about 8 different types of distortion pedal!

The mellow comment is relative to ASIWYFA really.

Check out Hallelujah! Don't Bend, Ascend, by Godspeed You Black Emperor! too

Going hard on a Saturday night with one of the GOAT genres, UK Acid Techno

*edit*

Not sure which one is better audio quality as linking from phone and my speakers are getting massaged via different source

Found out today that there's an option to save any CD I play to the car's memory.
My 'varying' tastes are going to confuse the crap out of the next owner.

Latest posts