• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What games are you playing?

I will definitely be playing these! Love the series and a Remaster in 4k of the original sounds and looks great.

Screenshot_20230824_055732_Gallery.jpgss1.pngbroken_sword_shadow_of_the_templars_reforged_1.pngss4.png

The devs have said the new game is very early in production too, so take the footage as a work in progress 😁

Just started with Starfield.

Got God of War Raganarok in the pipeline to play too

Came close to 100%ing Hogwarts Legacy but gave up on some of the BS achievements (get to X part of the game as each house - that point being 3+hrs of game time in, I'm not spending another 9+ hours repeating the intro cutscenes/early game missions three more times over)

Really liked it - open world pretty empty at times but game mechanics were excellent, exploring Hogwarts/Hogsmeade and the Forbidden Forest was great, story decent enough

Hopefully they're making another one, not sure whether I'd go for a straight sequel or drop into another time zone (modern day, 30yrs after the events of the books, perhaps? Long enough after that while the events are mentioned it's not really a follow up to that story)

Gone the complete opposite direction on my current choice of game: bought COD: MW2 (the one from last year) on eBay to play through the campaign then sell on again (no interest in online play).
Great graphics, decent story - the campaign is always really short on these but I do love a bit of run and gun every now and then

Came close to 100%ing Hogwarts Legacy but gave up on some of the BS achievements (get to X part of the game as each house - that point being 3+hrs of game time in, I'm not spending another 9+ hours repeating the intro cutscenes/early game missions three more times over)

Really liked it - open world pretty empty at times but game mechanics were excellent, exploring Hogwarts/Hogsmeade and the Forbidden Forest was great, story decent enough

Hopefully they're making another one, not sure whether I'd go for a straight sequel or drop into another time zone (modern day, 30yrs after the events of the books, perhaps? Long enough after that while the events are mentioned it's not really a follow up to that story)

Gone the complete opposite direction on my current choice of game: bought COD: MW2 (the one from last year) on eBay to play through the campaign then sell on again (no interest in online play).
Great graphics, decent story - the campaign is always really short on these but I do love a bit of run and gun every now and then
Really need to finish Hogwarts legacy

I got Hogwarts legacy at the weekend and currently about 10 hours in. Pretty good although I was hoping it would have more in the way of general wandering around and side things. As it is, it feels quite linear and the side quests are the same as many other games, basically collecting things.

The combat I'm undecided about, it's a bit limiting on spells available at once but it might be less of a problem if I can learn to cycle through spell lists quickly. Also found the target lock system to be quite unintuitive, the majority of my spells after combat starts tend to hit the wrong targets. A lot of that is probably just git gud stuff though.

My computer is quite old now so not running even close to top settings but on lower settings it looks pretty poor, much worse than other games. A lot of details seem smudged, lighting from windows wobbles all over the place, lots of flickering, many reflective surfaces are poorly done so they are either dark or extremely shiny and unnatural looking. Whilst I don't expect it to be top notch on my computer, I don't expect it to look significantly worse than other games once the settings are lowered.

Definitely a huge time sink but not quite what I had been hoping for.

That's a shame about the graphics, it looks very very good on PS5
Not sure how the controls are on keyboard and mouse but on controller you unlock extra slots so you can use the d-pad to choose from 4 sets of 4 spells sets, which is enough that you rarely have to switch them out for anything else (unless the puzzle/quest you're doing requires a specific spell)

That's a shame about the graphics, it looks very very good on PS5
Not sure how the controls are on keyboard and mouse but on controller you unlock extra slots so you can use the d-pad to choose from 4 sets of 4 spells sets, which is enough that you rarely have to switch them out for anything else (unless the puzzle/quest you're doing requires a specific spell)
I'm using a controller despite being on PC. Can't really justify shelling out £100's for a new GPU though.

Finally got around to giving Hollow Knight a proper go and it's an absolutely astounding game.

I would have sacked it off forever 4 years ago if the art and setting weren't so good, but holy **** the gameplay is just phenomenal once you settle into a 2D game again

Hollow night was really good until it wasn;t....i got "stuck" really low and the nearest save point was several screens above and i just couldn't do it...not a glitch as technically possible to get there....i just couldn't get good enough

finished the main story of Tear of the Kingdom, so good, was very surprised i had only completed like 70ish of the 130ish side stories!

Will get hogworts when it comes out on switch and i also saw Red Dead Redemption is coming to switch so will get that too

Slogging through Tears of the Kingdom so the last thing I needed was the distraction of Starfield.

Currently about 25 hours into Baldurs Gate 3 and still in Act 1. A really engaging game with great mechanics. Probably will take another 70-80 hours to complete.

Finished off what I think I'll get out of Diablo 4. Campaign was decent, and the first season had a decent enough story, but there really isn't enough variation in this game season to season to have it pushed as a live service offerings I've done two classes, but I think doing the same dungeons or gameplay mechanics of whisper tree and nightmare dungeon has me burnt out for any of the other classes.

Will get hogworts when it comes out on switch and i also saw Red Dead Redemption is coming to switch so will get that too
Out now if you don't mind a digital download (in my region anyway). Bizarre that it never got a PC port, I guess it would be weird to port it now, as RDR2 has been available for a few years. Colour me jealous, I enjoyed RDR2 enough to have played it through a couple of times.

Out now if you don't mind a digital download (in my region anyway). Bizarre that it never got a PC port, I guess it would be weird to port it now, as RDR2 has been available for a few years. Colour me jealous, I enjoyed RDR2 enough to have played it through a couple of times.
October 13th here :(

That's the release date for the physical media copy here. Are you sure that the download isn't available already where you are?
oh...no, i didnt check, i generally get the physical copies now days, SD maxed out, and then i can share with mates when im done

Steam doing a thing where they are showing the top games released each year as part of the 20th anniversary. Got to say, 2011 was a damn fine year

2023-09-17_22h58_43.png

Something I have started liking about Hogwarts legacy are the various puzzles are the world. They aren't that hard but often involve spotting patterns and it's quite satisfying when you spot it and work it out. I just did the one in the clock tower. Not sure if there will be a quest that spells it out a bit more to the player later in the game but it was good to feel I discovered it, kinda like an easter egg.

Something I have started liking about Hogwarts legacy are the various puzzles are the world. They aren't that hard but often involve spotting patterns and it's quite satisfying when you spot it and work it out. I just did the one in the clock tower. Not sure if there will be a quest that spells it out a bit more to the player later in the game but it was good to feel I discovered it, kinda like an easter egg.
There is one that I have found impossible. Happened in one of the outer villages. Maybe I just need to play more to understand mechanics better. Do agree that I like how much there is to do aside from main quest.

There is one that I have found impossible. Happened in one of the outer villages. Maybe I just need to play more to understand mechanics better. Do agree that I like how much there is to do aside from main quest.
One of the Merlin trials?