• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

what is this rucking system?

W

woosaah

What is the rucking system in this game that sets it apart from the ea series?

EA 2005 the rucking wasn't bad, if you had the ball you had a good chance of holding onto it as long as you used the r3 button to good effect. and you still had a good chance of losing it if you didnt start by holding onto the ball you pretty much lost it 90% of the time (this is on hard)

all i have heard is that its good. what is it and how does it work?

i will be buying this game when it comes out anyway i am just curuios

Originally posted by woosaah@Jan 17 2006, 01:17 PM
What is the rucking system in this game that sets it apart from the ea series?

EA 2005 the rucking wasn't bad, if you had the ball you had a good chance of holding onto it as long as you used the r3 button to good effect. and you still had a good chance of losing it if you didnt start by holding onto the ball you pretty much lost it 90% of the time (this is on hard)

all i have heard is that its good. what is it and how does it work?

i will be buying this game when it comes out anyway i am just curuios
from what i have seen, the more eplayers in the ruck, the higher the chance of you retaining it is........and this incorporates who's in the ruck, ie weight of certain players, and i guess rucking ability........kinda like rugby 2001 without pushing and digging..........much less random than Rugby2005

the mauls/scrums are sick

there's a circle, and a bar rotates around this cricle and u gotto hit a button to stop the bar at 12 o'clock, and if u succeed, the rotation continues and the maul starts to roll, with each successful hit at 12 o'clock the bar rotates faster making it harder to continue the rolling maul/scrum.

I know the maul seems to better then ea sports, but isn't the rucking very similar in both games, you can just add or take out players, there is no pushing or diging in either game, please correct me if I am wrong, it would of been good if they could implement a system similar to the maul interface to the rucks.

as long as there is no button mashing involved i am happy.

i always lose those sort of things in mauls and stuff cause all my mates seam to have faster fingers (or my timing is just all wrong)

Originally posted by lionmaul@Jan 17 2006, 02:19 PM
I know the maul seems to better then ea sports, but isn't the rucking very similar in both games, you can just add or take out players, there is no pushing or diging in either game, please correct me if I am wrong, it would of been good if they could implement a system similar to the maul interface to the rucks.
u are correct, but it WILL ACTUALLY WORK IN RC2006

EA claimed that including players in the ruck helped

but i can sit back on numerous times, and never commit men into the ruck and keep on retaining it

and on other times, commit everyman and his dog, and see myself lose the ball

EA's rucks are total BS, and totally random...the only thing that did register was 'hands' in the ruck............the rest was a lottery as to whom was to win.

which is why in single player u just got stiffed by better teams, especially on harder difficulties, coz i had no way of bettering them in the ruck coz its just plain random

I like the sound of the scrum/maul method. It makes a lot more sense than previous rugby games. It will be interesting to see how it works though.

In Rugby 2005, the winner of the ruck was decided as soon as you hit the floor. This was evident when the referee was playing an advantage. If it was your advantage, sometimes, as soon as you were tackled and hit the floor the whistle would go because you lost the ball.

I think having the extra players only helps when you're waiting for a long time to turn the ball over. Quick ball is decided the moment you hit the floor. Which is gay.

It works really well - Boy's review was particularly descriptive about it!

Latest posts