• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What original players do you keep in WL

U

USArugger

I am just in my third season on hard with only six trades so I have a bunch of the original guys. I am interested in who you other blokes keep around and who actually stays in your first 15 for the longest.

Also, I tend to feel a bit of loyalty to key guys from my DIV III days like Nawali, Damm, and Crossland so I think it will be awhile before I get rid of them.

Damm and McCarthy both had tries for me last night in the Knockout Cup and I really like others like Smith and Crossland.

Originally posted by USArugger@Apr 30 2005, 07:38 AM
I am just in my third season on hard with only six trades so I have a bunch of the original guys.  I am interested in who you other blokes keep around and who actually stays in your first 15 for the longest.

Also, I tend to feel a bit of loyalty to key guys from my DIV III days like Nawali, Damm, and Crossland so I think it will be awhile before I get rid of them.

Damm and McCarthy both had tries for me last night in the Knockout Cup and I really like others like Smith and Crossland.
Oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

then you won't like my suggestion that you:

decapitate katalau for being a half-wit...

Kill Nawali for the most f***ing useless hands ever known to man - 85 pace and NOTHING and I mean, NOTHING Else.....!!

<McCarthy SUCKS....

Jesus they ALL suck.....

If you have to, like, hang on to say three players.....keep a prop like Iraoud or Gonzalez and keep donnison....

Crossland's single command star shines out like a beacon amidst the total unadulterated steaming pile of worthless **** that is the original WL team....

"feel loyalty"?....

OMG...
<

we all get the same guys bro - f***ing cut those beeyaches from the team....
<

My Final team:

Woodman
J Paul
Os Du Randt
Naevo
Jack
McCaw
Bergamasco
Joe van Niekirk
Marshall
Wilkinson (k)
Caucaunibuca
Lomu
O'Driscoll ©
Randle
Robinson

reserves: Somerville, some awesome NH club prop, George Smith, Shalk Burger, Pichot, Howlett, Onahata (Jap wing - 98 pace),.....extras: and possible replacments or squad rotation: Gear (created) and me (created).....oh oh...

team value 350+ to gather in points each season or game over.....oh oh.

...But I get it easy..hehe...
<

highest WL score - 120 -10 and also 120 - 13 last night!! (hard - 20 min game)

against Biarritz in first div too (not the greatest...but hardly the worst!!)

That was funny. I guess you figured out why I still have close games. My good buddy Nawali is busy knocking on.

Just a quick Q for u guys. Do you think its possible to play through the entire league with the orginal squad?? just for a challenge for somethin?

I got up to D1 without buying any players on Normal, but I fount it impossible to finish higher than 6th without buying any players

Damm scored for me last night in DIV I. Paterson went over the try line, coughed up the ball and Damm was the furst to jump on it.

It is now officially boring. I haven't won by less than 40 in the last week.

ever notice the originial guys getting their games at other teams after transfers? Johnny O Connor signed for the Brumbies after I bought George Smith from them in my Wasps WL game.

Originally posted by Jester@Apr 30 2005, 10:10 AM
Just a quick Q for u guys. Do you think its possible to play through the entire league with the orginal squad?? just for a challenge for somethin?
dont be stupid!........EA gave those **** players for a reason. to get dropped, killed or die even...cept for donnison

btw my lil bro freakin deleted like the best wl team and had to start again...
<

heres my new team with some OG's

1- b.young
2- j.paul
3- p.vickery
4- m.johnson
5- c.jack
6- donnison (OG)
7- g.smith
8- s.taylor
9- s.larkham (put him there coz i did want him on the bench and davies is crap...plus his passes are bullet like)
10- j.wilkinson
11- r.caucaunibuca
12- chupin (OG)
13- b.o'driscoll
14- r.randle
15- c.latham
22- d.howlett

team value- 925
maintainence cost- 180

at the end of the season i almost lost the wl because of that stupid maintainence costs

anyone know other really good players i missed?? or should get?

Originally posted by Black|Raven@May 7 2005, 08:49 AM
anyone know other really good players i missed?? or should get?
Jason Robinson. McCaw. Pichot. Harinordoquy. Those are all class players, and will add significantly to any side.

Put Robinson at 12. Absolutely Unstoppable. Actually anyone with a high acceleration at 10 or 12 rips apart any defence. This is because your either running around 10's (the fastest of which is the french dude with 84 spd) or forwards (bergamasco 85) so robinson runs straight around them... boring but effective.

So I won WL Hard DIV 1 with six original players in my starting 15.

Crossland
Zwicker
Donnison
Davies
Damm
Nawali

I had guys like Caucau on the bench because I got sick of scoring 40-50 a match. I have to admit I had a couple of pure burners like Onohatu and Paulse on the team and a fast #10 like Paterson makes a big difference. I could score at will with #10 off line-outs inside of about 30m.

Latest posts