• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What Position Do You/ Did You Play?

Utility back, mostly 13, 11/14 and 15. never realy ran for cross defence when i played wing because i was too unfit...my bad.

Just started playing out half about 5 months ago and I love it feeling in control of a game. I used to play flanker and centre as well.

i suppose keith youre better than hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmm

i supppose keith youre better than hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

and one more time now
i suppose keith youre better than hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

In grade 8 I was just starting to play rugby, and was on the wing.
In grade 9 I was moved to hooker because I could throw lineouts.
Grade 10 I played Hooker and blind side flanker most of the year.
Grade 11 I got moved to Blind side flanker all year.
Grade 12 I got moved back to hooker.

First year out of School I played Flanker and wing.
Second year I played Halfback and Wing

This year I've played Halfback, Wing and Flanker.

I played scrum half and wing during my school years. Sadly haven't played since. Much preferred scrum half as I was always involved in the game, whearas I often didn't see the ball much on the wing as the centres we had playing were too bloody good and sliced through for tries all by themselves.

i dont like to boast but im known as the 4th best benchwarmer in Ireland but when im not doing that im a hooker

In grade 8 I was just starting to play rugby, and was on the wing.
In grade 9 I was moved to hooker because I could throw lineouts.
Grade 10 I played Hooker and blind side flanker most of the year.
Grade 11 I got moved to Blind side flanker all year.
Grade 12 I got moved back to hooker.

First year out of School I played Flanker and wing.
Second year I played Halfback and Wing

This year I've played Halfback, Wing and Flanker.

Bro are you a massive 9/ wing? or a Small Flanker?

I'm a winger, although I have been known to play lock/flanker when short of players...

Woldog you changed your game much to suit the new laws ?

With the breakdown laws, no not really, I typically steal balls by being second on the scene and swooping on placed balls, when it comes to making the tackle and getting to my feet straight away and releasing I can get caught up with the old laws where the tackler didn't have to release.

At school I was a terrible ball fetcher, I'd just end up on my arse cause I didn't understand the laws at all, now days I'm pretty sure about the laws so I play alot better.

With the breakdown laws, no not really, I typically steal balls by being second on the scene and swooping on placed balls, when it comes to making the tackle and getting to my feet straight away and releasing I can get caught up with the old laws where the tackler didn't have to release.

At school I was a terrible ball fetcher, I'd just end up on my arse cause I didn't understand the laws at all, now days I'm pretty sure about the laws so I play alot better.

Yeah I prefer the olde second to the scene thing too but refs are hypersensitive to any hands on the ball this season basically just started clapping my hands before going in to show hands were off ..

In the old laws I used to go in second but latch onto the ball as the tackler was on the way down at the tail end of the season it was handy enough to win about 6-7 ...rule changes made me redundant at fetching for the first two months of this year..really found it difficult to adapt :(

Strictly wing at the minute, admittedly I'm bloody quick..

I'd like to shift a little bit towards the center though :)

Latest posts