• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Watched it last night, it was ok, wouldn't really say it was hilarious and I'm a fan of Boyle. 5 stars is nuts.
Felt quite low effort, all the jokes are things you've seen on twitter a hundred times, but a decent enough surface level history documentary with an amusing voice over/presenter

Succession now ended, brilliant from start to end I'm glad it was only 4 seasons so I could enjoy the horrible people until they outstayed their welcome.

Succession now ended, brilliant from start to end I'm glad it was only 4 seasons so I could enjoy the horrible people until they outstayed their welcome.
Will have to binge watch it.

Succession, Barry and now Ted Lasso all ending within the space of 2 days will leave a pretty large hole in my life.

Watching the shoresy spin-off of letterkenny. It's probably the best thing I've watched since early it's always sunny or arrested development. No wasted lines, everything is funny. Knows how to make racy jokes without making me feel uncomfortable.

I finally got to stream the 10th and final season of Doc Martin on Acorn TV. It's a great show and I watched every episode over the years. Cornwall is a very scenic location. And the writing and acting on the show were first rate. 👏 Bravo!

1686118260957.png

I'm curious. I've just started this and hate everyone and remember you saying you disliked Sopranos for similar reasons. Do you like the characters more in Succession from a personal point view?

I'm curious. I've just started this and hate everyone and remember you saying you disliked Sopranos for similar reasons. Do you like the characters more in Succession from a personal point view?
Nope but it's 4 seasons with a clear plan to ending so you aren't given ofnthe gambit of maybe they'll get better oh not they didn't because the show need to carry on.

I think if it was beyond 40 episodes I'd have lost patience with like Sopranos.

Nope but it's 4 seasons with a clear plan to ending so you aren't given ofnthe gambit of maybe they'll get better oh not they didn't because the show need to carry on.

I think if it was beyond 40 episodes I'd have lost patience with like Sopranos.
Interesting. I can see where your coming from. For me, while most of the characters in the Sopranos are not model humans they have some redeeming characteristics like being funny and you can sympathise with some aspects of their moral code. Succession is a real slug as none of the characters have any redeemable features. They're not funny, they lack any kind of morals and are boring as well tbh. I know you're supposed to not like the characters in succession but it's a hard watch. I don't know if I'll watch season 2.

Interesting. I can see where your coming from. For me, while most of the characters in the Sopranos are not model humans they have some redeeming characteristics like being funny and you can sympathise with some aspects of their moral code. Succession is a real slug as none of the characters have any redeemable features. They're not funny, they lack any kind of morals and are boring as well tbh. I know you're supposed to not like the characters in succession but it's a hard watch. I don't know if I'll watch season 2.
How much have you watched so far? I'd say give it until episode 6. If that doesn't get you hooked then it's probably not for you.

I had intended to watch the West Wing again but realised I left it at my dad's. Will probably ask him to drop it off. My memory of it was that it took a while to warm up but when I checked, "in the shadow of two gunmen" straddled the end of season 1 and the start of 2 and was a fantastic episode, so maybe it got good much faster than I recall.

I thought west wing started great and then had some short rough starts I'm the middle but ended well. Still think josh should have worked harder for amy.

It's always sunny starts again tonight.

Latest posts