• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Watching Gangs of London right now. Jesus these are some long episodes. Plot isn't massive so far, and I'm not really sure who we're supposed to root for but Jesus the action scenes are absolutely vicious and the acting seems very good so far, a lot of good young actors involved.

Watching Gangs of London right now. Jesus these are some long episodes. Plot isn't massive so far, and I'm not really sure who we're supposed to root for but Jesus the action scenes are absolutely vicious and the acting seems very good so far, a lot of good young actors involved.

That's Gareth Evans for you. Most brutal fight scenes of any director out there. Unfortunately I think it fell off a bit after episode 5 or so with pretty much a direct correlation to a drop of in action. Episode 5 does have one of the best prolong action scenes I've seen on TV though.

Fully agree about knowing who to root for. I'm all for moral ambiguity but I have to have someone I genuinely want to succeed. There was one character I was rooting for but by the end they really changed his motivations.

Unfortunately I think it fell off a bit after episode 5
Agree with this - enjoyed it on the whole though.

Spoiler:
The final episode almost ruined the whole thing for me, however - think it just went a bit stupid with the tacked on love interest story with the Kurdish woman and then the illuminati saving the day - plus that massive Marvel villain-esque cop that could lift the guy up by his neck and hold him up for ages, it's like they didn't really know how to end it so they just turned down the realness and turned up the hollywood cliches

Just finished the second season of Bloodline on Netflix - a gripping family psycho-drama where a disinherited prodigal son returns to the fold and creates all manner of problems. It's contemporary and highlights some of the complex problems that can afflict wealthy or middle class families.

Worth a look with some good scenery included.

Watching the Sinner season 3 atm. Watcheable, without being mind blowingly good.

Noticed that Black Sails is on Amazon Prime so I've been re-watching that

Forgot how much I loved it, such a good show
I've never seen the show, but naturally I've been interested. Since it's on Prime, I'll have to give it a go.

Will be starting this soon.

MV5BNjRiYTIzZmUtMTFkNS00ZTM0LWE4ODAtMDliMGE4NzM5ZjVlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQ0MTYzMDA@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,810,1000_AL_.jpg

Late to the party, but better late than never.

Blasting out tons of early Simpsons on Disney+ again, it's so so good.
I catch the odd modernish episode on channel 4 and the characters are barely recognisable. Flanderization to the max.

I also definitely didn't remember how "adult" the language is - quite a lot of low level swearing spread throughout

Seasons 3 to 8 are vintage Simpsons. I managed to buy those on DVD and just ripped them to my NAS and stream them when I want to watch them. Don't think there is one bad episode within those seasons.

Seasons 3 to 8 are vintage Simpsons. I managed to buy those on DVD and just ripped them to my NAS and stream them when I want to watch them. Don't think there is one bad episode within those seasons.
Completely agree - been watching the latter part of 3/the early episodes of 4 this morning and they're just top notch.

I just watched this video from The Wheel Network. I had a Mazda that I drove almost everyday for 20 years (great car). Here's an in-depth look inside their plants in Japan.

Last edited:
Have found that the longer lockdown and restrictions have gone on, the less i've been able to focus on tv shows and series. Got so much on the list to get through, any recommendations?

Have found that the longer lockdown and restrictions have gone on, the less i've been able to focus on tv shows and series. Got so much on the list to get through, any recommendations?

I recommend HISTORY (formerly known as the History Channel). They have all sorts of interesting programs. Of the hundreds of channels we have in the USA I like it the best.

Last edited:
Yeah i really want to catch up on Vikings. Need to regain focus for Narcos and other series like that

Stopped to watch Vikings after the 3rd season but also want to finally watch it all..a bit scared to be disappointed with last seasons without Travis Fimmel though

Got about halfway through Season 5 and then had a lot of stuff on. I can still recommend it up to that point

Just started Killing Eve season 3( well started it weeks ago but decided to rewatch 1 and 2 first as its been a while) season 1 and 2 are soooo good! Hopfully season 3 lives up.

Latest posts