• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Two episodes into House of Cards. It's strangely satisfying, watching everything tumble down as it slots into place. I actually hope there's not too much serialised conflict to come; I just want to watch Kevin Spacey cause congressmen to lose their jobs. A bit like how every time Sherlock comes on I just want to watch him deduce the entire history of an incidental character in seconds, even more so than solving a case in an clever or imaginative way.

Ah no way, I love Parks and Recreation! Think it's genuinely one of the best shows I've seen - think it definitely gets better as it goes on.

Yeah certainly seems to be at way! Characters like Andy are infinitely better now than in the first season.

I have been able to catch up on some series that i haven't been able to watch.

Here are a list of a few series that I've been watching during the holidays:

Breaking Bad (started watching it in December from season 1, i'm halfway through season 5).
Banshee - if you like the violence of Game of thrones, then add just add a ex-con turned cop, a banned Amish drug dealer and a lot of nudity, then you get Banshee!
Mom - a new sitcom starring Anna Faris. The humour of this series reminds me a lot of Two and a Half men when Charlie Sheen was still part of the show.
House of Cards - I'm at episode 13, and I must say this series just gets better the more I watch it. And who wouldn't want the type of arrangement that Kevin Spacey have with his wife...

For those in UK - did anyone catch Troy Von Scheibner's show last night on E4? Insane tricks.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/troy

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/m6vTzFYHd7w?list=PLSfobYjyRoTAenijBqgYrjOrw8u1UZc-D" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
For those in UK - did anyone catch Troy Von Scheibner's show last night on E4? Insane tricks.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/troy

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/m6vTzFYHd7w?list=PLSfobYjyRoTAenijBqgYrjOrw8u1UZc-D" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="720" width="1280"></iframe>

Really not sure what to make of that guy. He seems talented, but he's no Blaine/Dynamo, and with all the camera angles, and switches between views, it just seems completely fabricated.

Ah no way, I love Parks and Recreation! Think it's genuinely one of the best shows I've seen - think it definitely gets better as it goes on.

just started it all over from Season 1 again....funnier than I last remembered it. Very good characters, and very good plots each time. Truly hilarious, and much better than it first seems. Ron Swanson is soooooooooo - fkn - hilarious. And I love Andy, such a "real character", we've all met that guy at some point...

Started watching Freaks and Geeks recently. Absolutely brilliant can't believe it only lasted one season.

I have been able to catch up on some series that i haven't been able to watch.

Here are a list of a few series that I've been watching during the holidays:

Breaking Bad (started watching it in December from season 1, i'm halfway through season 5).

This. Just finished it and absolutely loved it. One of the very best I've seen. Hope you enjoyed it as well Heineken.

I can see why some people compared it to Dexter but BB finished much better and the story arc felt much more satisfactory. Dexter's season 8 was disappointing and felt rushed.

Just had the greatest scene ever in 'Suits'.

To paraphrase :-

Harvey "I'm going to kick his ass!"
Mike "I don't think so"
Harvey "You think I'm worried about the consequences?"
Mike "No, I don't think you'll kick his ass. He plays rugby, those guys are badass!"

Friends and I are watching every series of the reboot of Doctor Who. Just started series 4. First three series were fantastic.

Also continuing to watch the Walking Dead. Still don't know whether I like it or not.

Also watched the first episode of Six Feet Under. It could be interesting, but it didn't really grab me particularly.
I done the same. I don't know whether I ought to keep going based on its reputation or whether the first episode is as good as it gets, and it's just not my thing.

So now Freaks and Geeks and fans here? Pity. Can't believe there was only 18 episodes (all of which are on youtube). If someone approached a network with a somewhat improvisational comedy produced by Judd Apatow, starring James Frenco, Jason Segel, Seth Rogen, Martin Starr and John Francis Daley with a classic soundtrack they'd bite your hand off.

Apart from GOT soon, the only other series coming (that I know of) that Im excited for is the 3rd and final season of The Newsroom, sadly thats not here until back end of the year.

Started Lost for the first time.

When is it that it gets bad, and I should stop watching?

Started Lost for the first time.

When is it that it gets bad, and I should stop watching?

I stopped watching it after seeing an interview with Abrams, in which answering a question to where the story was going. He replied that they had no idea, and were just making it up they went along, and it could go on forever. And they would have to come up with a reason for why they were lost at some point, but hadn't yet.

For me that meant no substance or real story arc against the whole concept of the thing.

This year I have watched the following shows:

Breaking Bad - all 5 series
House of Cards - 2 series
Game of Thrones - season 1

Starting to watch/continuing:

Grimm
How I met your mother
Big Bang Theory
Game of Thrones
Marvel Agents of shield
From Dusk til Dawn the series
The Following