• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Where were you when...?

An often asked question, so where were you people when the following events happened? I expect there'll be a few "I wasn't born" answers, but I think there's a couple around here who were alive for them all...

JFK was shot? Not in Project at all (of family)

England won the World Cup in 1966? Not in Project at all (of family)

Man landed on the moon? right there on the moon

Elvis died? Not in Project at all (of family)

John Lennon was shot? Shocked in NY

Hillsborough? Not in Project at all (of family)

Princess Diana died? at home too young to be sure what was wrong

9/11? at home watched TV

London wins the 2012 Olympics? may die before

7/7? don't understand what it means

Michael Jackson died?
in Hospital but not in states

Was pretty much not born for most of the stuff, just over a year old when Hillsborough happened.

Princess Diana died : I was in my parents bedroom when my dad came in and asked my mom if she had read about Diana being dead, I had no idea who she was but that morning at primary school a teacher talked about her in the morning ceremony.

9/11 : lying on my bed sort of doing homework whilst watching TV, saw it all happen from the first building to the second plane hitting live, was pretty freaked out didn't do any of my homework that day.

7/7 : I believe I was watching Sky news and sort of followed the story as it unfolded, stopped watching when I went to visit my friend later that day if I recall correctly.

Michael Jackson died : was just getting into bed and switched on the TV to watch the news before I go to sleep, saw them reporting on BBC, CNN and Sky and even on E news I think that he had just been taken to hospital with reports coming in that he might have died.

Princess Diana died : Don't know didn't care at all.

9/11 : Woke up and said "What movie is this."

7/7 : What is this?

Michael Jackson died : Woke up and my mum said Michael Jackson is dead, and I said "good on him"

7/7 was what the British media called the London bombings of the underground and several buses in 2005.

In that case, I was heading off to school when I heard, and I think it had more of an effect on me than 9/11 did because I actually knew people who traveled by bus and train in London to get to work each morning, but they were fine.

JFK was shot?

Not born.

England won the World Cup in 1966?

Not born

Man landed on the moon?

Not born

Elvis died?

Not born

John Lennon was shot?

Not born

Hillsborough?

Not Born

When the Berlin Wall went down?

Not Born, but am hoping to go to the 20th anniversary celebration in Berlin this year. Still find it funny that S4C were pretty much the only channel not to cover it :lol:

Princess Diana died?

I remember me and my sister flicking through the channels trying to find the morning cartoons, but it was just news on everywhere. Then my parents woke up and started watching the news.

9/11?

I was in Primary School. I remember talking with my friend about something, but then I heard the words ''Plane'', ''Highjacked'' and ''Tower'' on the radio and wondering 'what's that all about'? Then when I got home I saw it on the tv.

London wins the 2012 Olympics?

No idea, think I read it on the internet or something, as BBC Sport has been my hompage for ages.

7/7?

Not sure, I think I remember watching it on the telly when I got home from school.

Michael Jackson died?

I was playing on Rugby 08 on my PS2 when my sister who was sat in the kitchen on her laptop behind me said 'Michael Jackson's Dead!' When all the rumours were flying around she did find a website that made me laugh, it was something like www.ismichaeljacksonalive.com and all it was was a blank page with a big 'NO' in the middle :p

I was starting a witty series of answers to these and it came across me that there is a big conspiracy theory behind almost every single one of them:
Faked moon landings, JFK (obvious), Elvis still alive, Diana killed by Royal Fam, MJ murdered, England world cup in '66 all cgi etc etc.. :)

JFK was shot?
Man landed on the moon?
Elvis died?
John Lennon was shot?
Hillsborough?
- Not born for any of those.

Princess Diana died?
- Must've been 7 or so, remembering getting up and finding out about it, but not being too bothered cause I too young to understand really who she was or what she did

9/11?
- Was at school when the planes hit, I found out when I got back and my mum told me that something horrible had happened and spending the rest of the day watching it on the telly. I think it was the first major world event that I knew I was watching, if that makes sense..

- In my room, playing pro ev listening to the radio

7/7?
- Again, sitting in my room and listening to Vernon Kay talking about it.

Michael Jackson died?
- Would've been in bed, though I mind hearing about it on the radio at work and then making all kinds of jokes. Sad when anyone dies, especially a father, but I was getting really ****** off with the idiots on the radio who were calling him a great man and comparing him to Martin Luther King and other proper great men.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ Aug 11 2009, 05:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
JFK was shot?
Man landed on the moon?
Elvis died?
John Lennon was shot?
Hillsborough?
- Not born for any of those.

Princess Diana died?
- Must've been 7 or so, remembering getting up and finding out about it, but not being too bothered cause I too young to understand really who she was or what she did

9/11?
- Was at school when the planes hit, I found out when I got back and my mum told me that something horrible had happened and spending the rest of the day watching it on the telly. I think it was the first major world event that I knew I was watching, if that makes sense..

- In my room, playing pro ev listening to the radio

7/7?
- Again, sitting in my room and listening to Vernon Kay talking about it.

Michael Jackson died?
- Would've been in bed, though I mind hearing about it on the radio at work and then making all kinds of jokes. Sad when anyone dies, especially a father, but I was getting really ****** off with the idiots on the radio who were calling him a great man and comparing him to Martin Luther King and other proper great men.[/b]

Can i ask why?

Because he wasn't a great man - And he can't be compared with the likes of MLK.

JFK was shot?

Before I was born

Before I was born

Man landed on the moon?

Before I was born

Elvis died?

Before I was born

John Lennon was shot?

Before I was born

Hillsborough?

Too young to remember

Princess Diana died?

I wasn't aware at the time. I went to rugby training the following morning and somebody mentioned that Princess Diana had been in a car crash, I just shrugged it off assuming that she reversed into a bollard or something. then on the way home there was mournfull music on the radio. I asked my dad why they were playing it, he said "Well you know how Princess Diana has just died?". I turned to him with that horrible feeling you get in your stomach "You What!?!"

9/11?

I was in school. Nobody mentioned it all day and I got the bus home. Still nobody had mentioned it. I got in put the telly on and kids TV was on, as a lazy teenager I couldn't even be bothered changing the channel so just lay there watching Mary-Kate and Ashley or some stupid American crap like that. About half an hour late my sister came in and shouted up the stairs "They've bombed the twin towers". I just shouted back down, "What Wembley? they're gonna knocking them down soon anyway, stupid Irish". the shout back was "turn BBC 1 on".

Not sure, I wasn't really paying that much attention TBH.

7/7?

I remember getting out of bed on a hot summers morning, strolling down stairs, turning the telly on and thinking "F**king hell".

Michael Jackson died?

I was at home watching something like newsnight on TV. That went off then they went straight to the news studio for a special broadcast. I thought that royalty had died or something but it wasn't. I went upstairs and told my mum who'd just gone to bed, she'd just heard on the radio. Then I tried to phone my sister who was in Cyprus at the time but she wasn't answering so I text her instead. She phoned my a short while later asking if it was true. She said she'd been in a bar that played a Michael Jackson song but the news that he was dead hadn't even reached Aya Napa. They played it for the sake of plaing it not knowing that he was deseased.

JFK was shot? Not Born yet

England won the World Cup in 1966? Not born

Man landed on the moon? Not born

Elvis died?
not born

John Lennon was shot? not born

Hillsborough? just under a year old..probably sleeping.

Princess Diana died? coming home from a baseball game

9/11? eating my cereal watching tv before school, then it got interrupted for late breaking news, even living in Canada all we talked about in every class was the incident that day.

suffering through first period math class <_<

7/7? Sleeping, it was midnight my time.

Michael Jackson died?
Watching "World's Deadliest.." Marathon, and posting on a different forum.

Too young for the rest of them.

9/11? Woke up and saw it on tv. Asked my dad when it happened, he said a few hours ago.

London wins the 2012 Olympics? as if I can remember that.

7/7? I just woke up and my dad told me.

Michael Jackson died? Someone shouted it out across school assembly.

Latest posts