• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which team has the best crowds in the S14?

Which team has the best crowds in the S14?

• Western Force

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Waratahs

• Brumbies

• Reds

• Highlanders

• Crusaders

• Blues

• Chiefs

• Hurricanes

• Sharks

• Bulls

• Cheetahs

• Cats

• Stormers

• Total voters
a fair point there sanzar. I knew the overlap between league and afl was close but did not know it was that close. thanks for the info mate.

Originally posted by sanzar+Apr 27 2006, 10:46 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Rassie
@Apr 27 2006, 08:21 PM
Western Force and Reds - Aus (debatable)
Reds? Mate, the Tah's and Brumbies both have more consistent support than them... though it's hard to blame the reds fans at this point. [/b]
Yeah, I'd probably just go with Brumbies there. We're down about 4,000 from other years and the crowds are louder than ever - it's amazing!

Originally posted by Rassie@Apr 27 2006, 10:21 PM
Cheetahs and Bulls from SA (no doubt about it)

Western Force and Reds - Aus (debatable)

Chiefs and Blues - NZ (debatable)
From NZ its the Hurricanes by miles we average 30k+ a game easily.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Apr 26 2006, 10:59 PM
I voted for the Force due to the fact they are yet to get a win and still get awesome crowds all decked out in there jerseys and aruably the best atmosphere in the Super14.

The Bulls also have great crowds so it's hard to pick between them two, the Bulls crowd is usually the biggest in the comp but when the Force start winning you'd expect them to get over 40,000 every week.

(Waiting for Groen to come and groan about how much Australia sux and how good SA is :p )
You took the words right out of my mouth Truth, so I won't say anything. :p

Actually, I haved been quite impressed (but not surprised) by the support of the Force Faithful. I doubt this is going to be another passing faze like the Perth Glory was, I think Rugby is here to stay in WA, and the crowds will stay. The public have demanded it, and they have shown in numbers that the ARU made the correct decision in bringing Super Rugby to WA and not Victoria.

Can't wait for the Sharks to come over next year, Assuming they keep with the practice of Away game one year, Home game the next.

for new zealand i would say the crusaders over the hurricanes, the fans there are more fanatical

and i have been to both

but then again i am bias

Originally posted by woosaah@Apr 28 2006, 03:04 PM
for new zealand i would say the crusaders over the hurricanes, the fans there are more fanatical

and i have been to both

but then again i am bias
I highly doubt the Crusaders would sell out all their home games when they are coming 9th like the Canes used to do.

something wrong with that logic
crusaders coming 9th? not since the first couple of seasons have they been that far :D

Originally posted by woosaah@Apr 28 2006, 05:28 PM
something wrong with that logic
crusaders coming 9th? not since the first couple of seasons have they been that far :D
They came close in 2001, not sure where they came, but the Cheifs were the highest NZ team at 6th.

yep your right i blocked that season out

Team GP W D L PF PA BP Pts
Brumbies (Aus) 11 8 0 3 348 204 8 40
Sharks (SA) 11 8 0 3 322 246 6 38
Cats (SA) 11 7 0 4 285 244 6 34
Reds (Aus) 11 6 0 5 300 277 8 32
Highlanders (NZ) 11 6 0 5 284 295 5 29
Chiefs (NZ) 11 6 0 5 301 330 4 28
Stormers (SA) 11 5 0 6 282 281 6 26
Waratahs (Aus) 11 5 0 6 306 302 5 25
Hurricanes (NZ) 11 5 0 6 291 316 5 25
Crusaders (NZ) 11 4 0 7 307 331 7 23
Blues (NZ) 11 4 0 7 243 298 5 22
Bulls (SA) 11 2 0 9 241 378 3 11

10th for the crusaders. i dont know why i forgot that season. i had season tickets and it was the worse season either

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/rugby/new...er12_standings/

Best crowds, the Bulls.

Best SUPPORTERs, the Force.

Hell, they are the best crowds as well. Watching the Crusaders - Force game last week, they just would not be quiet. And those Force jerseys must be freaking cheap. Every man and his dog had one.
I can see that in a couple of years when the force start to do okay, the will be tough to beat at home.

Originally posted by kaftka@Apr 28 2006, 02:02 PM
And those Force jerseys must be freaking cheap. Every man and his dog had one.
I got mine for $100, but most people have been paying $120 ...... bloody rip off, but they look great.

Off topic: Thanks for the info Sanzar, anyway, your effort it`s not in vain, i really understand things about rugby crowds and their mentality ! :D

I love em........and not just coz i support them

IMO they got the best kit in all rugby.

Jacaranda blue is the shiz

I like the colour... I think the design however could be fixed up a bit. The front is fine, the back looks crap. The away kit is the worst kit in the Super 14... Apart from the Reds kit.

Originally posted by kaftka@Apr 28 2006, 07:07 PM
I like the colour... I think the design however could be fixed up a bit. The front is fine, the back looks crap. The away kit is the worst kit in the Super 14... Apart from the Reds kit.
There's nothing wrong with the Reds kit you chromer. Infact, it's one of the best. And the Force alternative kit is pretty much the same as the Hurricanes one.

_/

Let it be known that AFL crowds are just phsyco. They got 90,000 to the ANZAC Day game on Monday. It averages the third highest crowds in the world behind the NFL and the EPL.

Originally posted by Wally+Apr 28 2006, 08:45 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-kaftka
@Apr 28 2006, 07:07 PM
There's nothing wrong with the Reds kit you chromer. Infact, it's one of the best. And the Force alternative kit is pretty much the same as the Hurricanes one.

_/

Let it be known that AFL crowds are just phsyco. They got 90,000 to the ANZAC Day game on Monday. It averages the third highest crowds in the world behind the NFL and the EPL. [/b]
Yeah... in Melbourne.

The Reds kit is Fugly.

Bring back the good ol' plain maroon I say.

The Force away kit just looks horrible.

Perth has the highest city attendance average for Aussie Rules, both the Eagles and Freo get 40,000+ a game.

Adelaide Crows would average around 35-40,000

Sydney 30-35,000

Brisbane around 30,000

So not just Melbourne

I haven't really been able to watch much rugby other than the Chiefs this year, but I'd have to say it seems like the Force crowd is pretty good. And not sure about this year, but in previous years the Hurricanes have always had a pretty good crowd.

Latest posts