• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which team has the best crowds in the S14?

Which team has the best crowds in the S14?

• Western Force

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Waratahs

• Brumbies

• Reds

• Highlanders

• Crusaders

• Blues

• Chiefs

• Hurricanes

• Sharks

• Bulls

• Cheetahs

• Cats

• Stormers

• Total voters
Just on the topic of crowds, the Waratahs are still in the hunt to host the grand final at Telstra Stadium now that the Crusaders have drawn and lost a game in consecutive weeks. Wouldn't a turn out of 80,000 really get up the leaguies in the middle of their domestic competition and around the time of the first State of Origin.

pft, dont think they will get a sell out even if it was a final. especially around SOO time

They'll come close mate. There's a lot of support for rugby in Sydney, and the old boys would come out in their droves to see their beloved Waratahs in a final for the first time.

Originally posted by woosaah@May 1 2006, 10:44 AM
pft, dont think they will get a sell out even if it was a final. especially around SOO time
They'll do 80 thousand standing on their head if they get into the GF... Seriously, no one more than a Waratahs fan knows how hard it is to get a home GF, and people will be turning out in their droves if they can do it! I'll be there if I can get a ticket!

It'd be hilarous if the Warratahs were all set for a home final, with their fans beaming with anticipation of finally getting it, and then lost in the semis. :lol:

Originally posted by Zambaman@May 1 2006, 01:36 PM
It'd be hilarous if the Warratahs were all set for a home final, with their fans beaming with anticipation of finally getting it, and then lost in the semis.  :lol:
Lose in the semis to who..... the Hurricanes? Bwahahaha.......as if.

Originally posted by Zambaman@May 1 2006, 04:36 PM
It'd be hilarous if the Warratahs were all set for a home final, with their fans beaming with anticipation of finally getting it, and then lost in the semis. :lol:
Wouldn't happen, because the tickets and venue change would only happen after the semi.

If you think about the current situation though, if all goes according to plan and the Tahs extract Maximum points from their last 2 encounters (which will be a very tough assignment...) and the Brumbies win their last 2 games, then we will be in a position to have an All Aussie FINAL! I doubt it'll happen because of the nature of the comp, but here's hoping!

I wanna see the Brumbies play the Crusaders in the semis, they've beaten the Crusaders the last three times they have played them and the way the Crusaders are playing now i'd put my money on the Brumbies(larkham will be back).

Hurricanes suck, Tahs will have no problems with them.

All Aussie final infront of 80,000+........ bring it on :bleh!:

Originally posted by sanzar@May 1 2006, 05:59 PM
If you think about the current situation though, if all goes according to plan and the Tahs extract Maximum points from their last 2 encounters (which will be a very tough assignment...) and the Brumbies win their last 2 games, then we will be in a position to have an All Aussie FINAL! I doubt it'll happen because of the nature of the comp, but here's hoping!
Nah, you guys are talking crap. Deans and the Crusaders are foxing. You wait 'til the final, when the Crusaders come out and pull out a 50+ point ball game, in front of the Sydney crowd! :ph34r: :lol:

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@May 1 2006, 05:05 PM
I wanna see the Brumbies play the Crusaders in the semis, they've beaten the Crusaders the last three times they have played them and the way the Crusaders are playing now i'd put my money on the Brumbies(larkham will be back).

Hurricanes suck, Tahs will have no problems with them.

All Aussie final infront of 80,000+........ bring it on :bleh!:
Man, that would be just brilliant! It'd easily be the best atmosphere at a S12/14 final to date if it were to happen. So much better than all these GF's at dinky little NZ stadiums or the miniscule Camberra stadium.

Originally posted by Zambaman+May 1 2006, 05:16 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@May 1 2006, 05:59 PM
Nah, you guys are talking crap. Deans and the Crusaders are foxing. You wait 'til the final, when the Crusaders come out and pull out a 50+ point ball game, in front of the Sydney crowd! :ph34r: :lol: [/b]
I guess we'll have to wait and see ;) , in any case though, a 50+ ballgame is less likely than seeing Johny Wilkinson play more than 10 minutes without being injured again... unless of course the 50+ is from the Tahs :p .

Originally posted by Zambaman+May 1 2006, 02:16 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sanzar
@May 1 2006, 05:59 PM
Nah, you guys are talking crap. Deans and the Crusaders are foxing. You wait 'til the final, when the Crusaders come out and pull out a 50+ point ball game, in front of the Sydney crowd! :ph34r: :lol: [/b]
50+? ..... that would be more than the Tahs have conceded all season, i dont see that happening....... Crusaders are far too predictable.

Originally posted by woosaah@Apr 28 2006, 03:04 PM
for new zealand i would say the crusaders over the hurricanes, the fans there are more fanatical

and i have been to both

but then again i am bias

I merely say, the drunker the crowd the better. More female streakers, the better, and other such inappropriate behaviour.

Originally posted by Zambaman@May 2 2006, 09:07 PM
Nobody would have thought we'd put 96 on them! :lol: ;) :p
Tahs weren't holding the best defensive record in the history of the comp at that point though ;) .

Well i have to say that the highlanders had a bloody good crowd when they played the cats at Rugby park in invercargill. It was a bigger and better crowd than what they get at carisbrok dunedin.

Latest posts