• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which team in your opinion will have the biggest choke in the RWC.

I dont think ireland would walk Samoa/Wales/Fiji or South Africa tbh.. Wales can beat em as proved a few times in recent years, SA can beat Ireland and then Samoa and Fiji can push Ireland close and even beat em.

From Wales' group I think it'll be pretty close tbh as everyone can beat everyone (exept mabey Nambia) hopefully with Wales getting 2nd in the group but we'll see..

As for Ireland Imo their fans have way too much confidence, its one thing being confident but they have a air of cockyness tbf, Ireland should get out of their group unless they have a scare from Italy which is very possible (just look at this years 6 Nations) Then the 1/4's is where they're challenge comes.. As i said above.. Personally best performance from Ireland will be Semi's, worst if they cock up against Italy is failing to get out of the pools.
Anything to offer on topic?

I dont think ireland would walk Samoa/Wales/Fiji or South Africa tbh.. Wales can beat em as proved a few times in recent years, SA can beat Ireland and then Samoa and Fiji can push Ireland close and even beat em.

From Wales' group I think it'll be pretty close tbh as everyone can beat everyone (exept mabey Nambia) hopefully with Wales getting 2nd in the group but we'll see..

As for Ireland Imo their fans have way too much confidence, its one thing being confident but they have a air of cockyness tbf, Ireland should get out of their group unless they have a scare from Italy which is very possible (just look at this years 6 Nations) Then the 1/4's is where they're challenge comes.. As i said above.. Personally best performance from Ireland will be Semi's, worst if they cock up against Italy is failing to get out of the pools.

...thank you very much, South Carolina.

I wouldn't say Ireland choked in the last world cup. The coaches made a balls of the fitness and so they went into the world cup needed 4 to 6 weeks longer to get their fitness levels up. Before the world cup started they played Italy in a friendly and needed a late score to win, at home. Italy had a poor world cup too. Ireland did choke in the 99 world cup losing to Argentina but maybe they underestimated the Pumas then.

The AB's are the most likely to choke. All the pressure will be on them which is a massive disadvantage and any loss will see them labeled as chokers. I think the Aussies will also be under massive pressure and it should be interesting to see how their young players go. There'll be plenty of brainfarts thats for sure.

No doubt the world cup will bring the best out of some players and the worst other of others.

Btw, I don't think Irish fans are talking the team up that much. Some are but in other Irish rugby forums the previous world cups are in the back of peoples mind. Some people don't rate Kidney either and some are talking up Australia. I'm quietly confident they'll perform well for a number of reasons. I think Kidney can get the best out of the team because thats what he is best at. Its also Irelands most talented group of players but theres still weak areas in the team.

Anything to offer on topic?

Forgot to add that part in xD but Ireland could "choke" against Italy.. NZ are prime contenders for "choking" based on the huge expectations that this is their year.. Most of the Tier 1 nations have the potential to choke due to the expectation by their fans to get out of the pools and even further in some cases

I'm sorry but in my honest opinion, Italy > Wales. I am infinitely more worried about playing Italy in the group stage than the possibility of facing Wales in the quarter finals. Italy are coming into this World Cup with a lot of confidence and that is almost as an important as the quality of the squad itself. I am not trying to be a cocky or obnoxious Irish fan but I honestly do think Ireland are a good deal better than Fiji, Samoa and Wales. And until I am proved wrong I will maintain this opinion. :p

I know one thing for sure. If anyone starts to choke in group B Georgia will be right there to finish them off ;). so Scots better be careful or else....

I'm sorry but in my honest opinion, Italy > Wales. I am infinitely more worried about playing Italy in the group stage than the possibility of facing Wales in the quarter finals. Italy are coming into this World Cup with a lot of confidence and that is almost as an important as the quality of the squad itself. I am not trying to be a cocky or obnoxious Irish fan but I honestly do think Ireland are a good deal better than Fiji, Samoa and Wales. And until I am proved wrong I will maintain this opinion. :p

Erm... what?

Wales have slipped up a couple of times against Italy, but it's been a few years sinse it happened last. It also takes an extremely poor performance from ourselves, and a good performance from Italy to let it happen (not to mention a mostly second string team). When Wales play remotely well, we usually beat Italy convincingly, so I'm not too sure where this Italy > Wales thing is coming from.

Wales and Irelend are very evenly matched imo. I'd have Ireland slightly ahead because they've been performing slightly better lately, although not by mutch it has to be said, with some shocking performances against the likes of Italy in the 6 nations. Ireland did put in a great performance against England though. I think in a WC scenario, if Ireland and Wales did meet each other, I'd probably put the odds at roughly 55-45 to Ireland.

Your last line doesn't make any real sense btw. Recent meeting between Wales and Ireland have been pretty evenly matched. Ireland with the slight advantage, but not by mutch. The most recent meeting Wales won, go figure!

After saying all that, I've probably just been lured in by a WUM!

How predictable... It's so sad to see these responses without any decent explanation why.

Latest posts