Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dwayne Peel

• Byron Kelleher

• Peeri Weepu

• Total voters
Serious guys... Peels a Welshman and with their current dominance of international rugby of course they are going to have the number one half back in the world today.

It's obvious really and we shouldn't even need to vote, not with the strength, power and flair that Wales is displaying time and time again. They are the leading light and are paving the way for the future, single handedly forging the game into the 20th century - this is something to be really proud of.

I'd go as far as saying that Wales have the current best 1-15 combination in international rugby that I have been fortunate enough to see.

Am I being sarcastic, yes I am.

Is this another one of your good humored posts Lora? like the last time the All Blacks played Wales and you reckoned that your 9 was going to own ours? And you lost... remember?

World status on international 9's...
1. NZ, 2 Saffa, 3 Aus... and that’s the way it is…

where is pichot on the poll dam it.

stupid poll really no pichot and gregan is on it.

I voted for kelleher mainly because I haven't seen enough of weepu yet at the top level. kelleher has the all round game that the other guys on the poll don't have. he may have been a bit greedy recently but he is still a clear cut above the rest and easily ahead of peel. kelleher has the best pass and also can take sniping runs plus is great on defence. he also is nice 'n' fiesty and can really put the other halfback off the game. also he is in the best team in the world atm in the abs which must say something about his game.

peel is over-rated imo. the welsh talked him up and he has been owned in most internationals i have seen. pichot plays dam well from what i have seen of him and what experts have said. the french half back arre just too inconsistient for my liking. they can be superb one game and absouletly **** poor the next.

gregan is past his best and just passes the ball these days without doing much else. against the blues I don't think he made a single run at all and I think a halfback needs to do this in the modern game. also he tends to perform badly unless there is the quick ball all the time. other halfback can stil play decent enough even when the ball is not coming out a bit slow.

as for the scottish duo not much to be said. haven't seen much of them but from what I have seen both are fairly average imo. offer nothing special really at all but are hampered by the guys in front of them.

you really dont know anything do you. As ive said most people would say that peel is the best sh in the world

Scrum half is a position which there is no real stand-out in world rugby at the moment. Peel got my vote, but this vote doesn't really count for much - Gregan is second FFS. It is a bit of a joke.

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 8 2006, 10:33 AM
you really dont know anything do you. As ive said most people would say that peel is the best sh in the world
Most people have also said that Pichot belongs on the poll. What does that tell you?

Also, as you said, this ain't an official poll. I'm a bit drunk so give me time to explain.;.. In your defence that Pichot isn't there is that this isn't a official poll so the fact that Peel is winning doesnt say much at all.
Personally I don';t rate peel at all. In the times I've ssen him play against the abs, he has been owned EVERY time. I know the ANs have the better forward pack, but still, as a halfback, he didn't play as well as his opposite number...

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 8 2006, 03:17 PM
pichot can hardly get in the stade side ffs
He can still make the Pumas though. Surely you would judge these SH on the international stage rather than their club form.

yes but the pumas dont really have an abundance of sh.

the fact is that pichot has been **** this last year, and is not the same enigmatic player he was. people should research things before they spout ****. pichot is worse than gregan at the moment. at least gregan starts for his club

I voted Yachvili who has more to his game than Peel (who is still a great player) but where was Pichot? None of them are better than Marshall though

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 8 2006, 03:42 PM
yes but the pumas dont really have an abundance of sh.

the fact is that pichot has been **** this last year, and is not the same enigmatic player he was. people should research things before they spout ****. pichot is worse than gregan at the moment. at least gregan starts for his club
Fair enough, though he has been affected by injuries and is going through a bad patch of form.

However, I don't think he has lost his talent, and still has a couple of good years in him.

this poll is based on who is the best in the world at the moment.

and pichot aint the best at the moment by a longshot. that is why hes not included. gregan is included because i still think he marshals the brumbies forwards and backs extremely well.

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 8 2006, 06:17 PM

and pichot aint the best at the moment by a longshot. that is why hes not included. gregan is included because i still think he marshals the brumbies forwards and backs extremely well.
Okay, I agree with you about Pichot, although I knew he hasn't had the best of times recently, I don't think he is that bad though.

I don't agree with Gregan though, amd the fact he is doing so well shows how little the results mean.

Originally posted by harrison2468+Apr 9 2006, 06:52 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Apr 8 2006, 06:17 PM

Okay, I agree with you about Pichot, although I knew he hasn't had the best of times recently, I don't think he is that bad though.

I don't agree with Gregan though, amd the fact he is doing so well shows how little the results mean. [/b]
Do your self a favour and watch some Super14

Gregan has been back to his best all year.......he's in rare form

The only complaint with him this year was that he wasn't running the ball ........ he must of listened to those complaints because tonight he was superb again scoring a lovely try and setting up others with some huge breaks(he's still got some serious toe) leading the Brumbies to a big win.

Unfortunately for George the only scrum half in the comp thats been better than him is his big rival for the Wallabies #9 jersey Sam Cordingley.

I think the ppl that voted for Gregan are the ones who have actually watched him play this year.

thats the reason i included gregan.

he is getting close to his best again.

it seems to me that the people who are sputing **** like

"wheres pichot, gregan shouldnt be their" are the ones stuck in 2005

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 8 2006, 10:06 PM
"wheres pichot, gregan shouldnt be their" are the ones stuck in 2005
*cough* Grand Slam *cough*

I don't watch Super14, but I'm basing on what I have seen on an international stage, which is the best guide for deciding. I'll happliy be proved wrong when I watch Australia this Summer.

i hope you are proved wrong.

but yeah i accept youre point that i and some of the welsh live in the past, but it was such a euphoric year its hard to leave it behind, in wales rugby means more to us than the english, its our national game and is part of our identity. i dont mean to sound arrogant going on bout 2005 all the time, its just if im honest im still on a high from it... i just hope i dont have to wait another 27 years.

Latest posts