Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dwayne Peel

• Byron Kelleher

• Peeri Weepu

• Total voters
meanwhile in other news peel sucks. and the abs are the best team in the world and wales suck.

true pichot is proabbly not what he once was but he deserves to be on the poll surely

i didnt vote because i dont think any of these players desearve to be best SH in the world. they are good, but no srum half has really stood out.

Originally posted by woosaah@Apr 9 2006, 06:22 PM
i didnt vote because i dont think any of these players desearve to be best SH in the world. they are good, but no srum half has really stood out.
True. It's also far far far too tough to decide who the best in the world is currently as we aren't in an International season yet, so basing it solely on club level, where they don't even play against each other, means it's far too tough to judge.

However, Peel has the makings of a good Halfback, but from what I have seen of him, he has been very average.

Come World Cup/Post World Cup time we HAVE to have discussions on the best players in the world for their positions/World IV's etc. Including some brilliant Talking Balls articles... Stick it in your diaries now...

Would it not have made sense to have the top ten countries and there starting scrum half, then we vote on them regardless of how bad a season was.

Even if Pichot has had a bad season, the votes should show low. Therefore having no need for arguing.

Plus it is a bit of an ambiguous question in the first place, 'Best SH in the world?' that could mean anything really.

How they have been good over a career and what that shows, this season's performances or just general opinion.

To have a good poll with many contenders the question needs to have one direct question. Like 'Who was the best SH of 2005?' or something similar.

BM

Pichot season has been more effected by injury than by bad form.

Spot on though BM. This poll is corrupt, meaning we can't regard Peel as the 'best' sh. Ah well. ;)

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Apr 8 2006, 07:44 PM-->
Originally posted by harrison2468@Apr 9 2006, 06:52 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Apr 8 2006, 06:17 PM
this poll is based on who is the best in the world at the moment.

and pichot aint the best at the moment by a longshot. that is why hes not included. gregan is included because i still think he marshals the brumbies forwards and backs extremely well.

Okay, I agree with you about Pichot, although I knew he hasn't had the best of times recently, I don't think he is that bad though.

I don't agree with Gregan though, amd the fact he is doing so well shows how little the results mean.
Do your self a favour and watch some Super14

Gregan has been back to his best all year.......he's in rare form

The only complaint with him this year was that he wasn't running the ball ........ he must of listened to those complaints because tonight he was superb again scoring a lovely try and setting up others with some huge breaks(he's still got some serious toe) leading the Brumbies to a big win.

Unfortunately for George the only scrum half in the comp thats been better than him is his big rival for the Wallabies #9 jersey Sam Cordingley.

I think the ppl that voted for Gregan are the ones who have actually watched him play this year. [/b]
That is fair enough, but as I said, I would rather judge players on the big stage.

Sadly, I don't have Sky, so can't watch Super14, but you could also watch some GP and see that Varndell is more than just a good sevens player, as you said earlier.

It is almost fixed so that we have no alternative but to pick Peel, so I didn't. I picked Yachvili. As he made England and Sale look like a bunch of 'Tinheaded' *******.

The question means we have to take into account this season and previous, but no one has been good so we just go on what commentators say and think, PEEL.

Although this guy strikes me as a man with nothing 'special' he may be a great player but he doesn't have the arrogance of a five foot little **** of a SH. Dawson and others have this aswell as being good. Peel is just good.

BM

Peel is suprisingly underated actually on here IMO, but I agree with you on Yachvilli. He single-handedly beat England in 2004 and 05, and did well this year. It is a shame that he didn't get more game time this 6N with France.

Originally posted by harrison2468+Apr 10 2006, 12:27 AM-->
Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Apr 8 2006, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by harrison2468@Apr 9 2006, 06:52 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Apr 8 2006, 06:17 PM
this poll is based on who is the best in the world at the moment.

and pichot aint the best at the moment by a longshot. that is why hes not included. gregan is included because i still think he marshals the brumbies forwards and backs extremely well.

Okay, I agree with you about Pichot, although I knew he hasn't had the best of times recently, I don't think he is that bad though.

I don't agree with Gregan though, amd the fact he is doing so well shows how little the results mean.

Do your self a favour and watch some Super14

Gregan has been back to his best all year.......he's in rare form

The only complaint with him this year was that he wasn't running the ball ........ he must of listened to those complaints because tonight he was superb again scoring a lovely try and setting up others with some huge breaks(he's still got some serious toe) leading the Brumbies to a big win.

Unfortunately for George the only scrum half in the comp thats been better than him is his big rival for the Wallabies #9 jersey Sam Cordingley.

I think the ppl that voted for Gregan are the ones who have actually watched him play this year.
That is fair enough, but as I said, I would rather judge players on the big stage.

Sadly, I don't have Sky, so can't watch Super14, but you could also watch some GP and see that Varndell is more than just a good sevens player, as you said earlier. [/b]
I was responding to the comment that "Varndell would own Australia"....... which i found quite comical.

To be fair, it was made by Lora, who doesn't have the best history of calling predictions.

Originally posted by harrison2468@Apr 10 2006, 01:28 AM
To be fair, it was made by Lora, who doesn't have the best history of calling predictions.
Yeah, remember when he said Peel will own Kellehar? Oh man, that was classic.

;)

Originally posted by kaftka+Apr 9 2006, 08:28 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-harrison2468
@Apr 10 2006, 01:28 AM
Yeah, remember when he said Peel will own Kellehar? Oh man, that was classic.

;) [/b]
Or Phillips on him as well? :bravo:

ill tell you something, if peel was playing for the all blacks and kelleher was playing for the lions, peel would have destroyed him, its easy to play well on the front foot, peel did ok against nz on the back foot

If Kelleher was playing in the All Blacks and was playing against the South African and smacked himself into Matfields arm then he'd get smashed... oh that’s right he did.

Weepu boys... Weepu

I dont know.

I would have picked Gregan in a heartbeat up until a few years ago, but he is not as young as he once was. And in that time he hasn't gained much more experience (cant blame him, he already had tons).

Originally posted by stormmaster1@Apr 18 2006, 09:12 AM
Shouldn't Harry Ellis be on the poll list :p
No, but it's an easy mistake; Ellis should have his head removed, than put on a pole.

It's all about the details when you state these things.

Latest posts