Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PNG

• France

• Other

• Total voters
I remember there being a team in EA Sports' International Rugby League, and they sucked ass.
BTW after I posted my last comment I went and looked for a league site for SA teams and there are 2 club teams in Pretoria. Their season is coming to an end but I'm planning to go watch at least one game.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Sep 23 2008, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I remember there being a team in EA Sports' International Rugby League, and they sucked ass.
BTW after I posted my last comment I went and looked for a league site for SA teams and there are 2 club teams in Pretoria. Their season is coming to an end but I'm planning to go watch at least one game.[/b]

Actually South Africa are just preparing to fly to England to play a 4 match tour against county sides and finishing with a 'test' against GB BARLA. But this is the first international action from SA in a long time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Sep 23 2008, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (QLD @ Sep 23 2008, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is Ruben Wiki playing for NZ in the world cup?[/b]
No, he retired from international RL in 2006.
[/b][/quote]

Okay then. I thought he might come back for the world cup to finish his rugby league career.
I'm still amazed that he's played 55 international tests for New Zealand!

I'm still waiting for Stacey Jones to get wheeled out for the 2689th time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 24 2008, 05:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm still waiting for Stacey Jones to get wheeled out for the 2689th time.[/b]

We would welcome both him and Wiki back with open arms too :)

I wouldn't rule out Wiki altogether, but yeah Stace has been training hard for the one off All Golds game but he won't have the match sharpness to play at the world cup. Fien and Marshall should do alright in the halves anyway.

What amazes me is that although Wiki isn't playing the World Cup and his contract expires at the end of this year AND he is 35 (36 in January), he is seeking a contract in the ESL for next year and possibly the year after! I suppose that bowl of Kava he drinks after every game works after all...

(I could be a prick and mention that because the ESL is an inferior, softer competition, he could play for another decade or so :p ....buuuut I'll refrain :lol: )

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Sep 23 2008, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
BTW after I posted my last comment I went and looked for a league site for SA teams and there are 2 club teams in Pretoria. Their season is coming to an end but I'm planning to go watch at least one game.[/b]

I've read in an artcle (sorry no link on it) that in SA like in France in the 40's Rugby League had been formally forbidden.

That sounds a bit extreme. I think when Union got a roll on and when the Springboks became world beaters, League fell by the way side and never recovered

No, I think Don Billy is right. I'll do some research but I'm fairly sure it was forbidden.

Lads, I heard a rumor that Brian Carney will be playing for Ireland in the world cup which is why he hasn't appeared for Munster all season. Anyone heard anything about this?

Leaves the Gold Coast ***ans so he can try and play in the Union World Cup in 2007.
Could he switch codes again?

Wouldn't surprise me, I've heard Carney do weirder things.

Apart from a blip against the NZ in the final of a tri-nations cup Australia have been unbeatable,no team has really pushed them since 1972,and I cant see any team pushing them this time especially on home soil and with the home crowds,....Australia EASY,