• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Who will win the wc 2011

In my opinion I think Australia have a solid chance of winning.
Mainly based on some of th young stars coming through.

I REALLY HOPE THAT IT WILL BE THE SPRINGBOKS TO TAKE THE ***LE FOR THE 3RD TIME

BUT FOR A STRONG TEAM LIKE NZ ON HOME SOIL ITS HARD TO SAY THEY WILL HAVE THE BEST CHANCE

Surely NZ will have to do it this time..would be great to see a Fiji or Samoa get to the semis and scare the crap out of some more top nations too

i'm going to have to go with all-blacks, i just think they will put more effort over the next 3 years into making a more co-productive team

It could be anyone really. I wonder who predicted SA would win 3 years ago?
Common sense tells me it's New Zealand's time, but then I've thought that for the last few world cups and they've failed. I'm kind of hoping they do win though if the boks don't make it. They've consistently been the best rugby team for the past 100 years and deserve something. Plus I feel a bit empathy for WC chokers considering I support the SA cricket team...

England... look at some of the under 20 squad, finalists in Wales at the moment... then much of the 1st team to play NZ is <25

Common sense tells me it's New Zealand's time, but then I've thought that for the last few world cups and they've failed. I'm kind of hoping they do win though if the boks don't make it. They've consistently been the best rugby team for the past 100 years and deserve something. Plus I feel a bit empathy for WC chokers considering I support the SA cricket team...
[/b]

I didn't think anyone cared about the cricket world cup.. Twenty20 needs to take over from 1 day as the short game.

Australia - Not matured enough like 1999 or 1991.
France - Far too inconsistent, but very capable of beating anyone.

South Africa - Great record with 2/4 wins but no-one has won it twice in a row.

New Zealand - Can't win the damn thing even with a World XV.
England - Like Australia need to mature as a team. Too soon after 2003.

Ireland, Scotland, Wales - Usual mediocrity.
Samoa, Fiji, Tonga - Could see quarter-finals if they get easier draws.

The rest.. no chance.

I think personally, at this stage i'd say South Africa to lose the Final to New Zealand, and perhaps they won't choke at home.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I didn't think anyone cared about the cricket world cup.. Twenty20 needs to take over from 1 day as the short game. [/b][/quote]

My point still stands since we choked at the T20 WC. And everyone in SA very much cared about the cricket world cup.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I didn't think anyone cared about the cricket world cup.. Twenty20 needs to take over from 1 day as the short game. [/b][/quote]

My point still stands since we choked at the T20 WC. And everyone in SA very much cared about the cricket world cup.
[/b][/quote]

don't worry i wasn't disagreeing with you... england flopped too. however, people here aren't really bothered when we lose at 1 day.

I wish NZ. But Australia will probably come accross the ditch and beat us in the final. There will probably be riots

I wish NZ. But Australia will probably come accross the ditch and beat us in the final. There will probably be riots [/b]
There we have it folks, the one and only kiwi that will make such a claim!

I tip my hat to you.

60.gif

Latest posts